Author Topic: my suggestion  (Read 2395 times)

Offline naoko

• View Profile
my suggestion
« on: 03-06-2009, 08:06:05 »
this is all my suggestion for next FH2. sori if me place all of them in one tread cause it's will not efficient create to much tread for my suggestion. so here we are...
1. short gun for engineer
2. machine gun can replace on window and sand bag
3. player can choose two type weapon. example : if someone choose as engineer, there will show menu which weapon he's want. flametrower or shortgun . or if you choose officer you can select mp4 or stg42.
4. Company of heros maps maybe can give you idea for your maps
5. I hope FH2 included ww2 secret weapon ( like v2)

thanks and pardon me if i'm wrong
« Last Edit: 03-06-2009, 09:06:16 by naoko »

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: my suggestion
« Reply #1 on: 03-06-2009, 10:06:51 »
this is all my suggestion for next FH2. sori if me place all of them in one tread cause it's will not efficient create to much tread for my suggestion. so here we are...
1. short gun for engineer
2. machine gun can replace on window and sand bag
3. player can choose two type weapon. example : if someone choose as engineer, there will show menu which weapon he's want. flametrower or shortgun . or if you choose officer you can select mp4 or stg42.
4. Company of heros maps maybe can give you idea for your maps
5. I hope FH2 included ww2 secret weapon ( like v2)

thanks and pardon me if i'm wrong

I'll try to answer the best I can.

1. What do you mean with this? not a long rifle? like in normandy the M1 Carbine and not the M1 Garand?

2. This is restricted by the BF2 engine, sadly it is thus not possible to do in any way.

3. This has been discussed, AFAIK the devs have not really payed any interest in it.

4. Why would they need ideas from another game for their maps? they base their maps on real historical battles and plans of that battle, no COH inspiration is needed.

5. FHSW was AFAIK not a product of the official FH devs, so I wouldn't expect this from them. You'll just have to hope that some members of the FH community (or the FHSW developers) start to develop a FH2SW.

The V2 however will not be in a FH2 map, the maps are too small and it would be... an overkill-weapon.
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #2 on: 03-06-2009, 10:06:40 »
I think he means shot gun. Like in vanilla engineers have shot guns. He wants the Winchester for the engineers.

1. Winchester shotgun currently ingame was only given out limited to the behind frontline troops, I don't see this happen, expect the M1 Carbine for engineers for the US and normal rifles for other nations.
2. Not possible.
3. There has been alot of talking about this, 1 dev would look into it but we never heard anything off it.
4. No.
5. I don't hehe.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Kev4000

• Developer
  • FH2 "special" coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03-06-2009, 11:06:47 »
The several weapon thing would work out for some classes, but not the most practical, on many maps it wouldn't work out anyway. However most Normandy maps will have slightly different weapon layouts based on how well equipped the units fighting there were, or what the units actually were equipped with.

Offline naoko

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03-06-2009, 11:06:37 »
i will miss that shotgun....LOL
thanks for the answer.....damn that idea make me can't sleep.
 :)

Offline naoko

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04-06-2009, 04:06:12 »
it's look odd if a tank get damage when bump a tree. That will be better if the tree crush when tank bump there.

azreal

« Reply #6 on: 04-06-2009, 04:06:01 »
This is (for once) possible on the bf2 engine, but due to the huge amount of trees in Normandy I think there would be some networking complications, plus bf2 doesn't like dynamic lighting on certain maps.

Offline Mspfc Doc DuFresne

• A Poet and I didn't Know It
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04-06-2009, 04:06:19 »
Yeah, well there are several people you must talk to for that to happen. Notably among them, DICE, Intel/AVG/Nvidia, and your local service provider.

You see, the way it is now, trees act much like buildings. When you load a map, you load the trees, too. They will always remain unchanged, except for bullet holes applied you their texture inside your own computer. Everyone knows where they are, so your computer loads them once, and their position and status is never sent over the internet.

You are proposing making all trees destructible. This is possible. However, it would look unrealistic, and you would be limited to 100 or so trees before the map becomes unplayably laggy. This is because destructible objects must have their damage and status continuously updated by your computer, and sent to other computers playing with you. If the server were not updated, for instance, you could destroy a tree, but other players on the network would still see the tree, because the server would not know the tree was dead. Only you would see a dead tree stump, and if you tried to shoot through it, the server would see you hitting the tree.

Besides, we could not make a tree fall realistically. We could have the tree take damage, and when it reaches 0 health it would be replaced with a different model (a dead tree model), this time without collision detection. But if you hit the tree and destroyed it, it would instantly appear on the ground facing wherever the destroyed model was supposed to go, even if this implied the tree fell through you.

So, to recap, doing this would result in high lag and ping, strain on your computer, extra effort for modelers and mappers, and would look unrealistic anyway.
Twilight - the movie is just like Schindler's list... You know you're watching a crime against humanity, but it's sort of entertaining.~~Ts4EVER

Offline naoko

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08-06-2009, 11:06:07 »
ok :)
now about the mortar and artillery. when someone request for artillery support, then a number of the coordiante will send to anyone whose use mortar or artillery. Like 40degree up, 170degree left or 190 degree right. ;D how about that?

Offline Mspfc Doc DuFresne

• A Poet and I didn't Know It
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10-06-2009, 21:06:53 »
Not sure I know what you mean. Do you know how the current artillery spotter system works?
Twilight - the movie is just like Schindler's list... You know you're watching a crime against humanity, but it's sort of entertaining.~~Ts4EVER

Offline Fearbefore.

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10-06-2009, 22:06:59 »
Just out of curiosity, in FH1 when you chose a kit when you originally spawn that had a random weapon spawn (tank commander kits, marine engineer kits for example), was it exactly 50/50 as to which weapon you got, or did the likelihood reflect known information of the likelihood of the weapon being used in real life?

In other words, was it just a flip of a coin, or would the odds reflect the real life likelihood of being assigned that weapon? I'm just curious, as a few weeks ago I was playing FH1 and it was one of the non-vanilla Jap maps (I forget the name of it, it was that map where the Japs start out with the triangle shaped island and one of the flags is on a dock/pier that stretches out into the ocean, and on of those landing craft with the tanks in them spawns for the US just off that dock) and I continuously spawned as engineer, only to get the M1 Carbine (and not the shotgun). I must have spawned as an engineer and gotten the M1 at least 20 times, not getting the shotgun until there was about 10 minutes left in the round.

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11-06-2009, 04:06:30 »
Yes!  Naoko! I remember you!  You're the best!  Oh, and FEARBEFORE I think that the map was Peleliu, and just like you, I have never actually gotten a shotgun in FH.

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11-06-2009, 12:06:17 »
Just out of curiosity, in FH1 when you chose a kit when you originally spawn that had a random weapon spawn (tank commander kits, marine engineer kits for example), was it exactly 50/50 as to which weapon you got, or did the likelihood reflect known information of the likelihood of the weapon being used in real life?

In other words, was it just a flip of a coin, or would the odds reflect the real life likelihood of being assigned that weapon? I'm just curious, as a few weeks ago I was playing FH1 and it was one of the non-vanilla Jap maps (I forget the name of it, it was that map where the Japs start out with the triangle shaped island and one of the flags is on a dock/pier that stretches out into the ocean, and on of those landing craft with the tanks in them spawns for the US just off that dock) and I continuously spawned as engineer, only to get the M1 Carbine (and not the shotgun). I must have spawned as an engineer and gotten the M1 at least 20 times, not getting the shotgun until there was about 10 minutes left in the round.

I think the map was Tulagi.  I think most of the time, the US Marine Engy has a 33% chance of nabbing a shotgun, and 67% chance of getting a Carbine.  If you look at the kill messages, when an engy kills someone with a carbine, it shows up as something like "MarineEngineerAssault1" and "MarineEngineerAssault2" while the Shotgun is "MarineEngineerAssault3."  Also, I don't think it's actually "Random" as much as every person who spawns as US Engy in the "Random" kit maps gets the "number" version of the kit they spawn as (For example, the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 7th, 8th, etc person to spawn as Engineer will spawn Carbine, while the 3rd, 6th, 9th, etc person to spawn as Engineer gets a Shotgun).  I have no basis of saying that, but it seems reasonable.  Unless there were very few people playing (and picking Engineer, thus cycling the "Random" kits) it's very bad luck that you didn't get a shotgun for that long.

Offline naoko

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 15-06-2009, 10:06:13 »
i don't know how mortar or artillery works. i just looking from movie.
maybe player will be more easy drop the bomb to the target if he's know the coordinate.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 15-06-2009, 19:06:52 »
i don't know how mortar or artillery works. i just looking from movie.
maybe player will be more easy drop the bomb to the target if he's know the coordinate.

Noope, thats by far more difficult.

Artillery barrage needed at 5-5-9-0-4-7.. wth?

Or Maybe, Artiller yBarage ath D3, Keypad 5. More Accurate but not, the Spotter system works perfect and it should not be changed.