Author Topic: uniform  (Read 5563 times)

Offline naoko

• View Profile
uniform
« on: 13-10-2009, 08:10:39 »
Each player whose add as commander or leader team, they uniform turn to be Commander uniform (for commander) and officer uniform (for leader team).

For player pickup sniper refile, they uniform will be like this:  http://www.udisco.com/hobbies/pics/003595.jpg
but whit pants like this http://wb7.itrademarket.com/pdimage/14/1110614_loreng2.jpg

can you add SS uniform? http://germanmilitariacollectibles.com/blog/uploaded_images/img128-735172.jpg
http://72.232.229.42/thumb/b/b5/Die_Uniformen_der_Allgemeinen_SS.jpg/300px-Die_Uniformen_der_Allgemeinen_SS.jpg

add tank commander http://www.tswebviewer.com/lseskins/skinsc/x.m.s.DE%20-%20Panzer%20Tank%20Commander.jpg

Thanks

Offline flyboy_fx

• rockets,rc stuff,and collecting/making ww2 models
    • View Profile
Re: uniform
« Reply #1 on: 13-10-2009, 08:10:16 »
WRONG.

The pants camo is wodland modern.

The SS in the black did not fight.

the rest is ok but not sure if the bf2 engine well approve ;)
Don't hate the forum, hate it's users...

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13-10-2009, 09:10:31 »
Like flyboy said, black SS uniforms were reserved for Hitler's body-guards, parade ground, and the allegemeine SS, which included the SD.

That camo you posted is not even WW2 era camo, much less german.

The german sniper models you showed are actually exactly how the normal heer soldiers should look...camo smocks and vegetation in helmet.  But even if you did want those for just snipers, its impossible, game engine can't switch your skin according to kit.  So nope.

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13-10-2009, 09:10:42 »
Well depending of the vehicle you used in BF2, you uniforms change accordingly. I can see panzer crews or commanders use this uniforms:

And the commander or unteroffizier just like this beauty :D

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13-10-2009, 09:10:20 »
Helmets actually change based on what kit you use... So yes, I'm certain the sniper can at least get the hat - And sure, definitely, if a group have leaves in their helemt... let the leaves grow :-)

I would rather have more helmets change for tanker kit etc complete with headphones or whatever they had etc , etc...

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13-10-2009, 10:10:45 »
Helmets actually change based on what kit you use... So yes, I'm certain the sniper can at least get the hat - And sure, definitely, if a group have leaves in their helemt... let the leaves grow :-)

I would rather have more helmets change for tanker kit etc complete with headphones or whatever they had etc , etc...

Headphones are a must for a tank commander. Im also extrange why we cant have a hatch position to use the binoculars, or even periscopes.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13-10-2009, 10:10:44 »
Headphones are a must for a tank commander. Im also extrange why we cant have a hatch position to use the binoculars, or even periscopes.

The normal view while not in gun sight is the periscope/hatch mirror view. Other than that perhaps a tank-commander kit will be implemented some time, which definitely will have binoculars that you can use in the 2nd position (or just spawn as spotter). Atm I don't know how useful extra binoculars are, since the gun sights are magnified as well.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Meadow

• You still might very well think that
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13-10-2009, 13:10:30 »
Well depending of the vehicle you used in BF2, you uniforms change accordingly. I can see panzer crews or commanders use this uniforms:

And the commander or unteroffizier just like this beauty :D

Actually only the headgear changes - that's why you put on tank helmets or cockpit helmets when you get in tanks and jets in BF2, but still have a flak jacket and AK47 magazines on your chest.
Sustainable business practices are not endorsed by FileFront

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13-10-2009, 17:10:24 »

The normal view while not in gun sight is the periscope/hatch mirror view. Other than that perhaps a tank-commander kit will be implemented some time, which definitely will have binoculars that you can use in the 2nd position (or just spawn as spotter). Atm I don't know how useful extra binoculars are, since the gun sights are magnified as well.

Well, I sure hope they made those look like periscope view... No glaze, no dark edges to tell its not you poking your head out... but another discussion for another day

About the uniforms... Unless you are in a map with a large presence of tankers etc, I don't think the devs will bother with new uniforms... just yet... maybe wait for Kursk... or the Pacific, for tankers and pilots respectively

But I certainly think the devs can do something about them headgears... Add binocs for tanker headgears in the desert, headphones and mic and for the love of God, to quote some idiot lurking on the forums, give them the gun swa... erm... sorry, got carried away... give German pilots a proper pilot headgear

I did see pilot entire body suit in BGF.. i.e the manual, not sure if its only for show or somehow they implement the change once you pick up a kit - But if that was possible, I'm all for it...

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #9 on: 15-10-2009, 12:10:59 »
Like flyboy said, black SS uniforms were reserved for Hitler's body-guards, parade ground, and the allegemeine SS, which included the SD.

Apart from some panzer wraps.

That camo you posted is not even WW2 era camo, much less german.

I think he might of thought it was the italian camoflauge that the some Germans used in Normandy as they previously served in the Italian theatre.

Offline naoko

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 15-10-2009, 17:10:26 »
wow many explain lol. ;D
yeah headphone and binocular is nice one...

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 19-10-2009, 05:10:30 »
Would it be possible to have the helmet cover the player like a second skin?
ex. Regular vBF2 person gets some form of kit for piloting and the hat covers his body like a costume. He would be the same soldier but inside of his hat costume.

Im sorry if this sounds weird, i don't to omuch an idea on how to explain it any better

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 19-10-2009, 07:10:51 »
Would it be possible to have the helmet cover the player like a second skin?
ex. Regular vBF2 person gets some form of kit for piloting and the hat covers his body like a costume. He would be the same soldier but inside of his hat costume.

Im sorry if this sounds weird, i don't to omuch an idea on how to explain it any better

Nice to see someone else is on my wave length... Oh, you'd get a lot of flak for some of these ideas... but it might pay off one day...

I understand you perfectly, and its an idea that has crossed my mind every time I think of pilot and tanker kits... Basically, the helmet change which occurs once you use that vehicle should be infact, not just a helment, but a uniform parading under the helemt-change... am I right thus far?

I'm not too sure it WILL be possible since the body keeps in constant motion ie. head keeps turning (BF2s cheap-scate way of avoiding an actual head turn when the player looks around in a vehicle) and this may restrict the uniform which, I'm not sure, is able to twich accordingly...

But who knows, maybe the devs might have a better response....someone? devs? Anyone?

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 19-10-2009, 15:10:46 »
Yes you've got it  ;)  , I'm willing to take some flak because in the end at least they'll have some ideas and it may inspire them to come up with new ideas to bypass the limited engine

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline franz23

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 19-10-2009, 20:10:06 »
What about makin a special model for the team comander? Can you do this? (make a model only for the team comander, or create a new type of soldier named officer)(ww2 isn't ww2 without officers XD)

If you can do the scripting and the models I can texture it.

Examples for officers uniforms:

African:

Germany

Britain

Normandy:

Germany

US:

It's only an idea, but i think that the officers are absolutely necessary In this mod