Author Topic: The Minor Suggestions Thread  (Read 65704 times)

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: The Minor Suggestions Thread
« Reply #60 on: 25-04-2013, 00:04:31 »
[...] running a different random rotation but of the exact same maps, so people wind up doing the same maps they did on the 64 server. And then they bitch about how "we always do the same maps".
Exactly...  8)

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 25-04-2013, 04:04:37 »
I wish there were more custom maps because everyone has to start somewhere.  It would give new comers a great feeling to see their maps on servers, and then they could continue to improve them.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 25-04-2013, 04:04:12 »
... And then they bitch about how "we always do the same maps".

Seconded. FH has SO many maps that have almost infinite play-ability as long as they're not played 15 times in 2 hours. I'd also like to see the objective modes be played more, they really are fun.

As a minor suggestion on this topic. I would like to see ALL maps have a 16 and 32 layer, and you can even map a seperate KotH layer on top of all those (ik on some maps KotH is kind of fun even tho I hated it when it first came out). afaik maps aren't restricted to just 16-32-64 layers.

This gives us a TON more maps especially for the times when the servers aren't full, like WAW thursdays. (and let's face it these servers won't stay full forever)

Also, I believe this has been suggested before, but if all maps were to have various smaller layers then maybe it's possible for someone to write a code where the map list changes as people get on and off the server. e.g. once the server numbers drop below 35 a 32 layer map size is loaded for the next round. and if it jumps back up then the next round a 64 is played. (I believe this is possible, I feel I saw someone trying to write a code for it before)

But this would make it so that after the servers die down, on days when WAW isn't having an event, map sizes would automatically change to something more fun for the appropriate amount of players. aka I wouldn't be sitting there playing Totalize with 12 total people on the 128 server and no other servers full. :P This of course could only happen if we had 16 and 32 sizes for ALL maps 8)

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 25-04-2013, 04:04:33 »
Also, I believe this has been suggested before, but if all maps were to have various smaller layers then maybe it's possible for someone to write a code where the map list changes as people get on and off the server. e.g. once the server numbers drop below 35 a 32 layer map size is loaded for the next round. and if it jumps back up then the next round a 64 is played. (I believe this is possible, I feel I saw someone trying to write a code for it before)

But this would make it so that after the servers die down, on days when WAW isn't having an event, map sizes would automatically change to something more fun for the appropriate amount of players. aka I wouldn't be sitting there playing Totalize with 12 total people on the 128 server and no other servers full. :P This of course could only happen if we had 16 and 32 sizes for ALL maps 8)

Hasn't this been done already? I can't really remember.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 25-04-2013, 05:04:36 »
I feel like I saw somewhere on these forums someone trying to do it. It would work alot better tho if we had small layers for all maps

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 25-04-2013, 10:04:42 »
I feel like I saw somewhere on these forums someone trying to do it. It would work alot better tho if we had small layers for all maps

Yeah I think the VBIOS admin tried to do sth like that, but it didn't work in the end... Not sure what the problem was though...
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 25-04-2013, 11:04:39 »
Doesnt 762 has a complete server sunning those small maps?

Also objective mode is buggy, thus not played.
And I think 762 has all playable maps in the rotation.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 25-04-2013, 12:04:18 »
Yep, a few attempts were made to host a custom map server.

And 762 has a custom map server, but it only hosts 3 maps.

Offline Pejsaty

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 25-04-2013, 13:04:51 »

Well, it's because most of the players don't know where they can download them or don't even dare to download it...

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 25-04-2013, 14:04:09 »

Well, it's because most of the players don't know where they can download them or don't even dare to download it...
and your point is? will you convince them to download any maps? If no, I see no reason why to discuss this again.

Offline Pejsaty

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 25-04-2013, 14:04:31 »

and your point is? will you convince them to download any maps? If no, I see no reason why to discuss this again.

The key is to make the next patch release with these maps! So people will have to download anyway! Simple? Simple!

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 25-04-2013, 14:04:50 »
Won't happen. It was discussed to death.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 25-04-2013, 15:04:23 »
Improbably gonna get shot at because of saying this, but....

How about making a custom map pack, and include it as a bonus near the official release? Like people who want to play the maps will download them and people who dont care/dont know how to will just dismiss it, but will be aware of the fact that there is an entity of a custom map pack.

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 25-04-2013, 15:04:16 »
Why not, says I
He was not wrong. Amateurs talk tactics, pros talk logistics.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 25-04-2013, 15:04:49 »
Why not, says I

Because then nobody would play them.