Author Topic: Dedicated Server Questions  (Read 798 times)

Offline TE5LA

• View Profile
Dedicated Server Questions
« on: 26-03-2016, 21:03:57 »
I'm hosting a dedicated server on my network. The server shows up in multiplayer servers but the ping is listed as 2500 and under "Server Info" in the window to the right, there are no values for any of the settings (all zero). I can connect fine and have a zero ping.

If I go to "Local" servers, my ping indicates a normal (for external servers) ping, about 42. The info then shows up for the server.

The server is being allowed through the firewall and I've even tried turning it off completely. I have forwarded port 16567 (both). It seems like this is a port issue because there is no problem connecting and playing, but I don't want everyone seeing "2500" ping because nobody would even try to connect.

Ideas?

Offline TE5LA

• View Profile
Re: Dedicated Server Questions
« Reply #1 on: 27-03-2016, 17:03:42 »
Fixed, but I won't be hosting FH2 because it doesn't allow me to map the same direction keys for Infantry (Common) and Land in the controls.

I don't have this issue with vanilla.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27-03-2016, 22:03:49 »
First, could you please post how you fixed it, so others with the same issue can try your solution?

Second, you mean your client controls, right? Have you tried going back to default controls again first, before changing any of the others? Sometimes it fixes issues like these.

Offline Laboraffe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29-03-2016, 23:03:10 »
Just copy Controls.con from the working Profile folder.

C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0001\Controls.con

C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\ForgottenHp 2\Profiles\0001\Controls.con