Author Topic: Ramelle-Neuville Shenanigans?  (Read 1237 times)

Offline Laboraffe

• View Profile
Ramelle-Neuville Shenanigans?
« on: 30-04-2015, 07:04:01 »
During a recent game, Americans occupied the upper floors of a building on the SE side of the river, firing from windows upon the Germans after they had captured and crossed the bridge northwards. I did not see a way to reach them, even after checking it out later. They did similarly from behind a wall on the NE side of the river. How are those positions reached?

Offline Oberst

• View Profile
Re: Ramelle-Neuville Shenanigans?
« Reply #1 on: 30-04-2015, 09:04:57 »
Could you highlight the building on the map, because from your discrpition I have no idea, which one you may mean.

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30-04-2015, 09:04:55 »
There are two building that I know of, where you can get onto the roof. I haven't bothered trying it, but it is possible with some parcours skills.  ;D

On a side note: if you notice people shooting through walls or glitching into objects and shotting out of them, you can report them in the 762 forum. There are a few maps and places where stuff like that is possible.

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30-04-2015, 10:04:46 »
Well hitm4k3r. Such glitches can be reported here as well so we have a chance to block such things out if we need to.

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30-04-2015, 13:04:42 »
Well, now that the cat is out of the bag I might just as well admit where I love to camp (after Bridge falls but before Alamo is capped, mind you). EDIT: OK, this is not on the roof of any building, but anyway...

On the west side of the river, on the topside, go south to the tall building and to the very edge of the river (do not go down the stairs, stay on top), and if you're really careful, you can move south along the ledge (the arrow). Eventually, you can enter the circled building and can camp there and shoot through the windows. Even more devious minds can go prone on windowsills for increased accuracy. If you park a SL in there, a good squad is VERY difficult to force out of there (unless you know what is going on and simply park Tigger on the bridge and rotate the turret and hope that no bazooka hits your turret rear meanwhile and that the SL is not in a blind spot where HE won't get him).

I would argue that this is more fair than camping on the waterfront piers on the west side of the river after Bridge has fallen (which in theory is forbidden on 762 but blatantly violated and only seems to be enforced when I do it), as it's not in the flag zone (and does not even have LOS to the zone), and you use it to shoot Germans who are advancing between flags (and should be fair game), not spawning in uncap.

Offline Laboraffe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30-04-2015, 16:04:39 »
Sorry for my confusing description as I was thinking of advancing N instead of E so had the map rotated 90 degrees left :-[

So yes, that's it! The other spot behind the wall is directly across the river.