Author Topic: Joystick issues  (Read 544 times)

Offline faultPalpatine

• View Profile
Joystick issues
« on: 25-07-2013, 23:07:29 »
This may have been seen before, but i could not find any reference to it. Anyway, I have a standard Saitek joystick and one day after a restart, FH2 would not recognize the stick. I tried 2 different ones and its the same issue. I can program the buttons just fine, including the separate axis. When I play however, only the buttons work, none of the axis do. I thought sure, bad stick, but 3 different joysticks same issue? I even reverted to default settings and reprogrammed the controls. I can accelerate, take off, fire weapons, switch cams, all that good stuff but no movement. Very strange. Any guesses?

Offline faultPalpatine

• View Profile
Re: Joystick issues
« Reply #1 on: 30-07-2013, 17:07:51 »
Well, resolution. Oddly enough, by simply making all the Joystick buttons the 'Secondary' keys, worked fine. So, I guess this thread should be in bug reporting. Odd.

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 31-07-2013, 00:07:00 »
Haha! I had the same issue and the same joystick.

Offline Laboraffe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20-06-2014, 01:06:43 »
I have a joystick (for flying only) connected via USB so there is no dead zone (unlike via Gameport) and currently while it is fine in FH2, in BF2 it causes the crosshairs to drift until the stick is moved around a lot to find a specific "sweet spot" where it is stable (without doing so infantry is unplayable). As far as I know FH2 and BF2 are configured the same but there is no GUI setting for joystick sensitivity anyway. I have tried recalibrating the device in Windows 7. Any idea why they behave differently and how to solve it?

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20-06-2014, 11:06:37 »
why do you even want to play BF2?  ;)

Offline Laboraffe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02-07-2014, 01:07:42 »
I strongly prefer to play FH2 but alas servers are not always populated.

Anyway, recalibrating the device yet again (and restoring an older Controls.con for good measure) resolved the drift. Also noticed "Controls.fh2" still exists under Battlefield 2 Profiles even though "ForgottenHp 2" was created for its own independent Profiles a few years ago so suppose it may as well be deleted?