Author Topic: Placing more radios and giving players more incentive to play commander?  (Read 378 times)

Offline Comrade Roe

• Achtung panzer!
    • View Profile
Simple, while commander in my opinion only needs a few tweaks (only my opinion I guess), commander is probably one of the least played positions ingame.

Plus, not a lot of radios on the newer maps, which sucks because then no one can have a commander.

My suggestion: placing radios on newer maps and giving mopre incentive to play as commander (without making it an ideal position for a combat soldier). It was bad in BF2 because anyone could just take slot f it was empty for once and use arty, supplies, UAV, for their own use and never gave commands. If you had some kind of incentive that didn't make it something for a combat soldier (such as perhaps more incentive follow commands so it kinda works up chain, or perhaps the ability to spawn a limited number of AT guns or MGs at each flag?)

And on a slightly less relavant topic, what if commander could spawn a very small limited number of AT guns and MGs at each flag and place them? I doubt it, but just a thought.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
We already had this discussion many times and the devs opinion on this was something along these lines:

I looked up useless on Wikipedia and there was a picture of  BF2/FH2 commander.

So all in all, while many would like to see commander role completely overhauled the devs have no intention to do so for the time being.
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...