Author Topic: commander interface question  (Read 1128 times)

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
commander interface question
« on: 21-06-2011, 16:06:38 »
as you are a commander, there is ARTILLERY nd SUPPLIES buttons. UAV and SCAN buttons have been removed so why there is VEHICLE DROP 'available' when there is no such option FH2?  ??? I have always been curious about it...  :P

This must be discused before, but I didn't found matching answer using search button... :|

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: commander interface question
« Reply #1 on: 28-06-2011, 01:06:46 »
At the beginning of the development of FH2 devs and/or betatesters considered the presence of a commander to be rather important. However, development of the first release took about 2 years, and the main focus was to present a playable version with little bugs.

During this early stage, when the commander options were modified, it was rather undetermined which functions the commander would be able to use in a final build. Thus the commander screen was kept at some beta stage.

In the end the priority to modify the commander screen and his options went to a very low level. IMHO there are basically no changes since FH2.0. Considering that some of the latest maps don't even have a commander table anymore, it is very clear that the devs lost all focus on it.

Though this might change again, especially when the devs focus on the overall ingame-menu layout once more.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline evhgear

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28-06-2011, 01:06:03 »
why there is VEHICLE DROP 'available' when there is no such option FH2? 
This must be discused before, but I didn't found matching answer using search button... :|

Hey maybe a Tretrarch ??    :D

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28-06-2011, 07:06:21 »
Considering that some of the latest maps don't even have a commander table anymore, it is very clear that the devs lost all focus on it.

Though this might change again, especially when the devs focus on the overall ingame-menu layout once more.

Hopefully this is a sign of a dev change in attitude ;D

http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/screenshotsfh2/news/101221/sdkfz250.jpg

Offline Kev4000

• Developer
  • FH2 "special" coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29-06-2011, 15:06:36 »
Considering that some of the latest maps don't even have a commander table anymore, it is very clear that the devs lost all focus on it.

Hopefully this is a sign of a dev change in attitude ;D

http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/screenshotsfh2/news/101221/sdkfz250.jpg

Oh we've had commander vehicles forever. That one, and the big boxy vehicle. And scout planes passenger seat may be used by commander.

Not many other changes I can think of here for 2.4, but its really up to map design to take advantage of it.