Author Topic: another prob to be delt with  (Read 677 times)

Offline minime455

• View Profile
another prob to be delt with
« on: 02-10-2010, 13:10:14 »
forgive me if this is already in a topic but when i try to play fh2 it says something about shaders and tells me to alt+f4 and i did what it told me deleted something but it still didnt work and it gives me this "mods/fh2/movies/warning.bik" to "mods/fh2/movies/warning.bik-disabled"  :-[ plz help me :'(

Offline kettcar

• Developer
  • Mapper / News Journalist
    • View Profile
    • SWIZZ Gamingnet Community
Re: another prob to be delt with
« Reply #1 on: 02-10-2010, 14:10:35 »
Problem 2)  When I go into sighted mode (right mouse button)  with my weapons the screen turns black and white

Solution 2: FH2 uses custom shader effects (graphic effects) then BF2. Since a certain BF2 patch this required the FH2 mod to swap some shader files between the BF2 and FH2 directories. The BF2 shader file is switched out for a custom FH2 one when you launch FH2.exe (this is also why you should always start FH2 through FH2.exe and not via BF2.exe) and it's swapped back when you exit FH2 properly.The problem occurs when FH2 isn't launched or closed properly and can not swap the shader files, on the next launch of the game you will now be using incorrect shader/graphic effects which will give you the black & white iron sight effect. To fix this:

1) Always launch FH2 via FH2.exe and exit the game properly.

2) If the problem persists: Remove the files-directories in /my documents/battlefield 2/cache and /my documents/battlefield 2/mods/bf2/cache and /my documents/battlefield 2/mods/fh2/cache. Tip: The FHToolbox has a tool to do this for you!

3) If the problem still persists: Go to your battlefiled 2 mod directory (default c:\program files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2)

You should find two files there shaders_client.zip (187kb) and shaders_client.zip-vanilla (219kb), rename shaders_client.zip to shaders_client.backup we wont remove it just in case, then rename shaders_client.zip-vanilla to shaders_client.zip.

4) If the above doesn't work, such as some files simply not being there, try to download the BF2 and/or FH2 shader files.

BF2: http://rapidshare.com/files/277648558/shaders_client.zip
    FH2: http://rapidshare.com/files/277648864/shaders_client.zip

Place the BF2 shaders_client.zip file in the BF2 directory (default: c:\program files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2)
    Place the FH2 shaders_client.zip in the FH2 directory (default: c:\program files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\fh2)

If you use Windows Vista/7 you may get a "C:\Users\...\Desktop\shaders_client.zip: Cannot create BundledMesh.fx. Access is Denied." error message (it's a safety precaution). Simply extract the folders to the desktop and then drag to the proper folder, that will allow you to change the necessary folders.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Problem 2B: Textures are all weird: cammo nets look all messed upand such!

Solution 2B: See Problem 2.

Offline luftwaffe.be

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02-10-2010, 14:10:40 »
you start up FH2 with the FH2.exe right? It will not work if you use the community tab.

Offline minime455

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02-10-2010, 15:10:50 »
well luftwaffe i mostly always did that only time i hadnt was when i was a newbie at fh2 :) and kettcar for some reason it still isnt working