Author Topic: Player base development - How do we keep this mod alive?  (Read 11103 times)

Offline Gotkai

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Player base development - How do we keep this mod alive?
« Reply #75 on: 28-06-2014, 20:06:45 »
Sometimes there is no challenge.
Playing in a team of 30, when half of them are not in a squad, if they don't join squads in good positions, when they use aircraft instead of capping flaggs, camping at uncappable flags for the whole round, using limited kits in tanks...
No, this has nothing to do with a challenge an i would really support a noob server, where they can practice. 

Offline RAnDOOm

• Portugal - Surfs Paradise in Europe
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 28-06-2014, 20:06:23 »
Sometimes there is no challenge.
Playing in a team of 30, when half of them are not in a squad, if they don't join squads in good positions, when they use aircraft instead of capping flaggs, camping at uncappable flags for the whole round, using limited kits in tanks...
No, this has nothing to do with a challenge an i would really support a noob server, where they can practice.

Then its up to the veterans and admins to somehow "teach" them and make them see that value of teamwork.

Having all of them in the same side almost every rounds will not help at all. It will do the opposite.

But this is my opinion. Offcourse everyone is entitled to play with whoever they what.  :)
« Last Edit: 28-06-2014, 20:06:00 by RAnDOOm »

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 28-06-2014, 23:06:45 »
You can't really ban people for being too good though. Although I will say this: I do not understand this obsession some people seem to have with their k/d. I can understand this in a competetive game like CS, but in FH2? I mean when it comes to the individual player, this mod is horribly unbalanced. I can easily get huge ass k/ds simply by playing artillery for example. At some point you have to ask yourself: What is the point?

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 28-06-2014, 23:06:09 »
FH2's k/d is such a bitch compared to a lot of other games just because it is far more difficult to stay alive than in many other games out there. Getting 5 kills and 15 deaths in FH2 is imho just fine and would make my day because Im so shit at it, but for example in Planetside 2 that would make me flip my table.

Offline Damaso

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 29-06-2014, 00:06:50 »
Want to keep FH2 alive?

Stop judging other people's gameplay - I promisse you results in the future if you do that so.

Offline HPSFroadrunner

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 29-06-2014, 04:06:06 »
I've never seen a real problem in team-stacking.  Maybe when there's only 20 people in the server or something, but usually there are a few top-notch players on both sides, and usually plenty of good S/L's.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 29-06-2014, 08:06:09 »
At some point you have to ask yourself: What is the point?

It's human nature, as long as there are shiny numbers displayed on some virtual board somewhere that they can use to show off, they'll do it.

Maybe it's time we finally get rid of it (I like how PR has an emphasis on points - in FH2 we have something similar, yet the people with most kills still end up on the top).

And it seems the stacking problem is there too - just have a look at their forum, it's something that is almost impossible to avoid, as people don't  like to be in the losing team ...
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 29-06-2014, 14:06:16 »
You can't really ban people for being too good though. Although I will say this: I do not understand this obsession some people seem to have with their k/d. I can understand this in a competetive game like CS, but in FH2? I mean when it comes to the individual player, this mod is horribly unbalanced. I can easily get huge ass k/ds simply by playing artillery for example. At some point you have to ask yourself: What is the point?

For some people it is just important. Don't know why, especialy considering the age of the game. I would go that far to say, that the motivation for people like Major Koenig or Sargcoresi is a different one and not K/D. You notice this when you take a look at their play style. They are always on the furthermost front, where the action is. They just love it to kick their enemies asses and this extremely fast. Some people call that stats whoring, but those two guys are damn valuabe for the team. They go for the flags and open or join squads and they have an overall intelligent play style. The cost of their play style is that they die often. The difference is that those guys kill much faster than other people and people call it going for K/D. I noticed this also during last campaign battle when Mike and Tutvys stopped axis tankers with their PIATs. That's not statswhoring. It is just being good at the game.

If you want to know who is really playing for K/D then better take a look at who is playing commander often or arty and people who you will never find capping a flag.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 29-06-2014, 15:06:52 »
If you want to know who is really playing for K/D then better take a look at who is playing commander often or arty...
Implying those two are not extremely important for the team.

Offline Damaso

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 29-06-2014, 15:06:02 »
Keep wasting your time bothering about eachother's gameplay - judge the noobish of the new players, the bad moves of the squadleaders, and the hacking of the professionals.

What do you prupose then? to make an "dictatorialshipment" in order to control everyone's playstile?

Maybe you just need to control yourself, and actually shut up sometimes. Remember: every insult you make, its a new door you open for a new player to easily leave.

If its a troll then thats another totaly diferent question.

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 29-06-2014, 15:06:52 »
Keep wasting your time bothering about eachother's gameplay - judge the noobish of the new players, the bad moves of the squadleaders, and the hacking of the professionals.

What do you prupose then? to make an "dictatorialshipment" in order to control everyone's playstile?

Maybe you just need to control yourself, and actually shut up sometimes. Remember: every insult you make, its a new door you open for a new player to easily leave.

Damaso; If you are trying to imply yourself into that post, you are a whole different story on 762. 

To keep it short; I at least, never judge the players gameplay or decisions only when it is most needed or it shows up.
Like 5hitty said: Koenig or Sargcoresi, they do have a knack for finding places to pick up stats.
« Last Edit: 29-06-2014, 15:06:04 by Roughbeak »

Offline Damaso

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 29-06-2014, 15:06:34 »

Damaso; If you are trying to imply yourself into that post, you are a whole different story on 762. 

To keep it short; I at least, never judge the players gameplay or decisions only when it is most needed or it shows up.
Like 5hitty said: Koenig or Sargcoresi, they do have a knack for finding places to pick up stats.

I am the other totaly diferent question, because some of you think im a troll... but we all truly know why was i banned after all.

Still, im just an egocentric kid who just keeps praying for atention after all.. so lets avoid speaking about me on this post. Also, i never saw you criticising seriously other players actually, so you are free from my judgmental teories Roughbeak.

Offline Roughbeak

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 29-06-2014, 16:06:59 »
We never judged you or anyone. Absolutely stop, for thinking we had conspiracies or "ill will" on you - looks like you are making that up yourself.
Perhaps you caught our reason wrong from getting this idea? You were banned for breaking rules many times in a row, and bringing contempt on 762. 

About the 14th time I seriously explained that.

Also, i never saw you criticising seriously other players actually...

I never have and never will.

----

Have a good day. ;)

Offline Damaso

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 29-06-2014, 16:06:19 »
We never judged you or anyone. Absolutely stop, for thinking we had conspiracies or "ill will" on you - looks like you are making that up yourself.
You were banned for breaking rules many times in a row, and bringing contempt on 762.

Tell me what was that lie about spamming 5 tigers (wich i never did, and i dont even have a single idea how to do it) and about the "you were banned because you made many teamkills with knife!" (like you said in the chat once.)

EDIT: aparently, i won the argument once again about this matter wen he edited his post and said "have a good day" just to avoid an argument with me. ok then: have a nice day you too Roughbeak ;) see you on FH2.
« Last Edit: 29-06-2014, 16:06:40 by Damaso »

Offline Roughbeak

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 29-06-2014, 16:06:23 »
Alright, you said you were "winning", I don't need to win, only giving answers. This is not a political race.

Ok with those 5 Tigers, I was not on the server nor had a screen, however many other players spotted the incident. Do we wish to trust them? It's up to you.

Those are just very few incidents about breaking rules. I mean, really, we already discussed this with multiple threads upon threads excluding the fh2 chat.

Really sorry FH2 Moderators for letting this happen again.