Author Topic: Review the latest movie you have seen  (Read 180308 times)

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: Review the latest movie you have seen
« Reply #720 on: 24-08-2010, 23:08:30 »
I thought about That 70's show when i saw her.

And yes, he seemed to have severe cataract so I think he was blind.

And i did not mean to piss you off, i just used the wrong words to make a point, nothing more.

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: 25-08-2010, 03:08:31 »
@Von.Small
Yes he was blind, his bible was written in a language the blind people read with their fingers.

Book of Eli, 9/10
-1 I agree, needed to be a tad longer  :)

I thoroughly reccomend it.
For a Half-life trailer of it, I reccomend this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXnZk9zngn8

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: 25-08-2010, 18:08:59 »
Michael Collins (1996), 8/10.

It was a great film, though it needs some knowledge about what happened in Ireland at 1916-1922. That's the biggest minus side of the film. It jumps from place to another really quick. And if you don't have subtitles (like I didn't), it's kinda hard to understand that irish english (and I thought that aussie english is hard to understand!).

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #723 on: 28-08-2010, 00:08:11 »
Carlito's Way

8/10

Very good.

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #724 on: 03-09-2010, 14:09:50 »

Yeah story-line sch'mory-line, it is dances with Wolves in space, but shit second time around that CGi is friggin awesome, knowing the story lets you eyes wander, this time round I noticed things like whne the wind blows goose bumps appeared on neytiri's neck, the twitching of the pupils as CGi characters moved from light to dark.  Outstanding.  FU haters.
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline Mud Buddha

• View Profile
« Reply #725 on: 03-09-2010, 15:09:04 »
Indeed. Avatar-bashing is soooo 2009. I loved it, saw it three times already and if I find the time I'll probably gonna see it again soon. But Cameron better make a new film son or else even his fans (ie. me) are gonna whine about the milking of this big blue cashcow ourselves.

But to stay on topic, recent movies I saw:

Un Prophet [FR, 2009]
Last year's festival darling. But it's totally deserved. Really gritty and downbeat prison drama in which a lowlife petty crook tries to stay alive while at the same time he wants to move up in the gang he hangs with. Almost sounds cliché nowadays, but it's well wordt checking out. Beautifully filmed, almost like a documentary, and well acted. 4/5

The Expendables [USA, 2010]
Stallone's vehicle finally made it to the cinema! And I couldn't help really liking it. :-)
It's an 80's throwback movie done in a good way: just a bunch of 50 year old built-like-brick-shithouses hard-ass MF'ers busting eachother's heads (basically. There is a story, but it doesn't matter).
It's gritty, loud, tough, simple but hella fun. Dolph Lundgren, Sly Stallone, Jesse Ventura, Bruce Willis, Ahnold, they're all there. Joined by (not that much) younger Jason Statham (Willis' only real credible successor) and Jet Li. And despite the iconic leads I noticed that all are actually playing roles for once. They're not just being themselves like in their prime, they're actual characters. I liked that.

To be honest, I did felt a bit let down at first by the possibly-epic bout between Lundgren () and Li (black belt karate vs. Wu-shu champ, plus like half a meter difference in length) but that was over way to quick. But like I said, they don't play themselve, so it was kind of cool in the end.
FH2 is the game, DarklyDreamingDexter is the name.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: 03-09-2010, 15:09:55 »
You watched Avatar again? Way to go consumer slave. ^^

I watched the Expendables and got what I wanted. It's a solid 8/10 for being true to it's non-existent values. It's a great manly fun flick with cojones made of steel and a lot of fun excessive violence. ^^

"Whoops! Aimed a little low. " ^^
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Biiviz

« Reply #727 on: 04-09-2010, 16:09:21 »
Expendables 10/10

Bruce Willis: "What's his fucking problem?"
Sylvester Stallone: "He wants to be president."
Arnold Schwarzenegger: *dramatic look*

And I'm hoping Santa'll bring me an automatic shotgun for Christmas.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: 04-09-2010, 18:09:05 »
L'Instinct De Mort* (2008, released here 2010)
by Jean-François Richet based on novel of the same name by Jacques Mesrine
Starring Vincent Cassel, Gérard Depardieu, Roy Dupuis, Cécile De France, and others

The story is about a French gangster-criminal-murderer-robber Jacques Mesrine and his adventures around the world. Mesrine write the book while he is being detained in the La Santé maximum security prison and managed to smuggle it out to be published.

About the movie:
It doesn't offer anything special as a movie today. But if it wasn't for the true story behind it, it won't be that interesting. The beginning itself was problematical for me, especially the cohesiveness (must be the censor), it is basically a confused story trying to introduce us into "Mesrine". I like their focus on the main character, but they fail to instigate the relationship between him and his gang or the severity of the mafia syndycate. Probably, they tried to stick to the book, hence the incompleteness.

BTW, it is pretty entertaining as suspense, quite dramatic as an action movie, and it won many awards.

Haven't seen the part 2, but, I'll gave the part 1 a modest 7/10.

*Released as "Public Enemy Number One" here
Dubbed in English, what an ass. What are the subtitles for?

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: 05-09-2010, 08:09:33 »

Yeah story-line sch'mory-line, it is dances with Wolves in space, but shit second time around that CGi is friggin awesome, knowing the story lets you eyes wander, this time round I noticed things like whne the wind blows goose bumps appeared on neytiri's neck, the twitching of the pupils as CGi characters moved from light to dark.  Outstanding.  FU haters.
It's still a fucking disney-world.
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: 07-09-2010, 01:09:05 »
Just saw Shutter Island.

Not bad, not bad at all. I really like Leonardo di Caprio, all his movies kinda gets to me more or less. But they never really firmly grips me. This one was no exception.

SPOILER ALERT!!

SPOILER ALERT!!

The only part I actually was a bit scared was when chuch had fell down the cliffs, but then his body were gone. well not scared, but I was on edge.

All in all it was an exciting movie, and I like the whole psychology theme in movies.

But the biggest downside was that it was so incredibly predictable. as soon as he read the note saying "who is patient 67?" it was so obvious that it was he.

/Spoiler

anyway, all in all a good film. Not incredible, but good.

7.5/10
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #731 on: 07-09-2010, 01:09:57 »
The American
Very good movie.  It was advertised here as an action movie, but I was glad to see it wasn't.  There was enough character development while leaving it vague enough for the viewer to draw his own conclusions.
Solid 8/10

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: 07-09-2010, 07:09:56 »
Just saw Shutter Island.

anyway, all in all a good film. Not incredible, but good.

7.5/10

I'd go with that. You should now go and read the book, the surprise will be gone but it creates an even darker experience than the film ever manages and thus is pure fun to read.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: 07-09-2010, 08:09:00 »
Inception 7/10. Way over-hyped and *SPOILER ALERT* if they replaced the FPS-game looking armed guards with something else to visualize the dreamers "defense" it would get a 8/10, just too much shooting!!
Leonardo, great. Juno-girl, great, directing great, story a bit messy and sadly the whole movie hangs on this one dream-aspect, but I saw absolutely no scientific references to how dreams actually work. the word REM wasnt even mentioned + they had these eXistenZ pod-looking things to control their dreams but they were never explained to us, nor even called by a name, WTF were they??

Memento was better.

Offline GonzoPanzer

• View Profile
« Reply #734 on: 07-09-2010, 08:09:41 »
Expendables: 9/10

Things blow up. Has Stallone. 'nuff said.