Author Topic: help says tat guy again...  (Read 987 times)

Offline timoarto

• View Profile
help says tat guy again...
« on: 18-04-2009, 17:04:35 »
yup, me again having trouble...
i want to max out everything of the game, so maybe you might want to help (and solve the problemspuzzle)
this is my system
*geforce 8800GTX
*q6600 quad2core 2.45
*monitor size 22"
*software: windows vista ultimate with service pack 1

current problems:
- graphical problems
* the netting over digged out areas is going crazy, its plain army green, with at the ends some transparant lines
* some brick walls have:
1. a very reflictive texture.
2. textures that move with my movement across the object
3. textures that are sized crazily at some positions of the object
* some sandbag have:
1. within the bags some strange shadereffects
2. random moving circles inside them

-gameplay problems
* punkbuster (...) (...) (...) (...) is (...) (...) and kicks me from servers most of the time before i can join
* still that stupid grey-blur problem, i will now definitly hate update 2.2

other help:
how can i max out EVERYTHING on this game, since my pc HAS to sweat, i want it, i want it!
i have all settings high, and anti alias on, my screen resolution is "1200 x something sucky", but i want MORE! maybe something like "alot x alot"?

i do hope for help, since i want to take some neat screens for you guys with everything maxed out. ;D

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
Re: help says tat guy again...
« Reply #1 on: 18-04-2009, 17:04:16 »
Just put everything to max that should do it and start the Mod with the FH2.exe that will take care of the shader problems.

Punktbuster is easily update with Pbsetup.exe from www.evenbalance.com and for a widescreen fix you have to use the search bar on the top right!
« Last Edit: 18-04-2009, 17:04:48 by N24Reporter »
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #2 on: 18-04-2009, 17:04:46 »
Well, you have a similar system to me.  I run on all settings high, though with no AA (since I prefer the wond shader over nice graphics).  It only chugs along slowly when theres lots of action going on.

Your graphical problems (shiny sandbags, grey iron sights etc) are caused by the vBF2 shaders being used rather than the FH2 shaders.  Make sure to run the program using the FH2.exe, not through the community tab.  Both FH2.exe and BF2.exe must be run in admin mode (or disable UAC).

Screen resolution is limited to 1280x1024 because according to EA 'widescreen gives people an unfair advantage.  You can add something to the FH".exe shortcut to get as sort of widescreen thing going, but I'm not sure what they are.

For punkbuster, go to their site (find with google) and download the updater tool.  Then use that to manually update the punkbuster (since the automatic update doesn't work).  It should then work.

Offline timoarto

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18-04-2009, 18:04:53 »
okay, thanks for the help, as soon as im home ill start doing this all,

Offline Moku

• Waaagh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18-04-2009, 19:04:01 »
Put this to at the end of you FH2 shortcut: +szx 1680 +szy 1050 (of course if your screens native reso is bigger change those numbers).

If you want to have more real widescreen you can use Widerscreen fixer at your own risk. Version 1.32 should be cleared by Punkbuster but you never know what new updates bring from them. Here is link where you can download it: http://imk.cx/pc/widescreenfixer/

And if you want you can also add this after the one about resolution in your shortcut: +playerName your_player_name +playerPassword your_password. This makes the login automatic and you go straight to main menu.