Author Topic: new tank view position  (Read 504 times)

Offline Martinlegend

• Tigerfear in FH2?
    • View Profile
new tank view position
« on: 02-05-2014, 11:05:09 »
i noticed that the Position of the "outdoor camera" could be better positioned in my view

for example
the tiger camera is alway positioned right in the middle of the turret - this coukld be moved to the commanders position to the left

btw the panther camer is at a good Position but its on the wrong side - i should be on the left also
and maybe the camera could be positzioned more near the Roof - to to degrease the sights of the Crew and make them more vulnurable to infantry near the tank

OR

the 3rd Position in a tank is on the commanders cupola with the ability to spot vehicles to Support the gunner - but not for artillery! - could be a littlebit too much work for the 1 or 2 artilery pieces when every commanders spots for them..

and i dont meanthe Position like in the firefly tank - i mean it more like the stug one - just for all tank
it would give the Crews more chances to work together

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
Re: new tank view position
« Reply #1 on: 02-05-2014, 12:05:39 »
I agree that all the tanks with commander cupolas should get a binocs view (doesn't need to have arty spotting ability) like on the Stug. Would be helpful for spotting targets for the tanker and coordination.

However tanks with just commander hatches like the early Shermans and Crusaders shouldn't get this ability, but they should rely on their commander sticking out with his binocs.

Basically I say give binocs positions to every tank that currently has a buttoned up commander spot.

EDIT: also FHSW did this and I find it a very cool addition, even if it's use is limited in good ol' 1942.
« Last Edit: 02-05-2014, 12:05:19 by LuckyOne »
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02-05-2014, 19:05:59 »
Good points, I wouldn't mind more variation between the tanks. And Tiger still needs HE capable to knock out M4  8)

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03-05-2014, 01:05:09 »
I don't know if Panzer IV still has this obstructive commanders cupola when looking at the back of the tank but I remember it being really annoying.
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

Offline Sparks

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03-05-2014, 09:05:46 »
+1
I mentioned the binocs view for the commander just recently in a Villers Bocage thread.

Would even be better if the gunner could use the range finder. But that is just wishful thinking!!