Author Topic: FH2 Standalone Installer  (Read 52801 times)

Offline Wyrdstone

• View Profile
Just want to say thank you. I came on the forums to look at posts and comment on why FH2 still isn't standalone like PR (which has been for years as we all know). No chance I was going to go through the install process I used to do when playing this game. It's absolutely killing itself this mod by not making it standalone.
I play as Dansolo online. I am also a FHT player.
You will often see me typing questions/crap/exclamations/obscenities.

Offline K3psu

• View Profile
I downloaded the things and did everything right but when i try to open fh2_setup.exe it says "Windows can't use the selected file. You may not have the required permissions."

I am the adminstrator of this computer, i checked that i really am. But for some reason i can't open it. Can you guys help me please, would be greatly appreciated

Edit and update:

I have gotten the previous part to work but now it says "Runtime error (at 62:98) Could not call proc" Also F-secure doesn't allow this Sysinfo.dll file thing. I believe that's the problem but i'd gladly accept any help, i'm trying to solve it by myself but help is still wanted.

Edit and update: i got it to work i think. But there's this player account thing. I guess i need it for multiplayer but how can i make an account?
« Last Edit: 06-07-2018, 19:07:48 by K3psu »

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Edit and update:

I have gotten the previous part to work but now it says "Runtime error (at 62:98) Could not call proc" Also F-secure doesn't allow this Sysinfo.dll file thing. I believe that's the problem but i'd gladly accept any help, i'm trying to solve it by myself but help is still wanted.
Make sure you allow FH2 in all firewall and virusdetecting related stuff.

Edit and update: i got it to work i think. But there's this player account thing. I guess i need it for multiplayer but how can i make an account?
Start the FH2 Launcher. Click Options. Make sure it says <none/manage accounts> in the top bar. Press OK, click Play. The game opens. Create a new account, just make up an email address and a password (the Launcher will remember the pw). The email doesn't have to be real, just put 123456@gmail.com or something. Make sure that when it doesn't work, you invent a new email address, as the Launcher will remember the email you made up before and then you can't launch.

Good luck!

Offline ALDOth3Apach364

• View Profile
Can you play online multiplayer with this standalone? Thaaaanks

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Yes you can

Offline K3psu

• View Profile

Offline thalassodromid

• View Profile
Downloaded this c. Thursday off of the 'Google Drive' link and it's not patched to v. 2.53 but, rather, a far older iteration of the game.
Installation does still open with this, however.
« Last Edit: 15-07-2018, 00:07:54 by thalassodromid »

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Why do you think it is an older version?

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
I don’t think this gives you any version of FH2 just the files required to play and the launcher. I think you’d then run the launcher to download FH2

Offline thalassodromid

• View Profile
Why do you think it is an older version?
The only maps that occur are those of the post-D.-Day campaigns and North- and East-Africa, for instance, and, further, the copyright is only circa. 2016.
I don’t think this gives you any version of FH2 just the files required to play and the launcher. I think you’d then run the launcher to download FH2
How do you mean?
« Last Edit: 15-07-2018, 11:07:26 by thalassodromid »

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Are you trying to play singeplayer? Cause the Russian and Finnish maps are not available for Singleplayer (yet).

Offline thalassodromid

• View Profile
Are you trying to play singeplayer? Cause the Russian and Finnish maps are not available for Singleplayer (yet).
Are the 16- and 32-layered maps for 'St. Vith' and 'Operation Totalize' also solely present in the multi-player?

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Yes. Singleplayer was not worked on during 2.53 development.

Offline radiosmersh

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Updated first post with instructions how to create an account.

Offline radiosmersh

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Unofficial Standalone now has its own website, check it out:
http://playfh2.com
Thanks to the Impavid for creating it.