Author Topic: operation goodwood  (Read 14202 times)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: operation goodwood
« Reply #30 on: 06-12-2009, 00:12:45 »
Wierdest thing: I replaced the COOP's file with that of Conquest and changed Shermans IIs to Cromwells and UCs to M3A1s.

First off, the Tiger still spawned, not the the KT...

Next, I saved a copy of my modified COOP file - As per the original instruction  and did a fresh install of FH2.

1/ I applied LegionDCX's modded vehicle and weapon files
2/ Added COOP levels that are not in the original, like Fall, Tobruk
3/ I applied WinterHilf's modification to the UC ai and PDH and PHL
4/ Then I applied the modified Goodwood that I copied from my former install, the one which still spawns Tigers
5/ I run the game and now the Germans only spawn hanomags and not a single tank!
6/ I reinstalled everything and applied the patch directly from my former installed FH (It was in a different folder) - And I STILL have Jerry without tanks!

What did I do wrong??!

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #31 on: 06-12-2009, 00:12:11 »
What did I do wrong??!
I'm just thinking that 'linkedcps' might not work in COOP.  I know it works in SP and in CQ, but I'm not sure about COOP.  Since all the German tanks on Goodwood are spawned from dummy flags, they will not spawn if 'linkedcps' doesn't work becuase that is the code that determined if a flag changes hands when another flag is captured.

I tip would be to see if the pushcode is working on COOP maps, if its not then you will have to use SP.

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 06-12-2009, 07:12:23 »
Wierdest thing: I replaced the COOP's file with that of Conquest...

You mean you copied the whole GamePlayObjects.con? If so, that may be the problem - they're not exactly the same...but what Eat Uranium said sounds more likely.

Maybe start again, but just stick to changing the spawner names?

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 06-12-2009, 08:12:33 »
but how do i get the kt in cuz thats why i used conquest's file

EDIT: Tried to do an elimination process to figure out why the Germans weren't spawning any tanks whatsoever... So I removed Legion's mod - No effect. Removed WinterHilf's UC improvement, nada

Deted the whole game and reinstalled it, only applying changes to the Goodwood level - Still no German tanks

And now, I have reinstalled it yet again with no changes whatsoever and STILL no tanks! My BF2 is broken :'(

How the hell does this happen? I so wasnted to play Goodwood today on the Specd-up PC I'm using (Which I'm returning today), and here I am facing an issue that never existed and seems to have no logical reason... That really sucks
« Last Edit: 06-12-2009, 09:12:29 by djinn »

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #34 on: 06-12-2009, 11:12:23 »
Djinn:

Start a local conquest game with Goodwood and type sv.numplayersneededtostart 1 into the console.  Proceed to cap all flags as the brits, then switch teams and go to the German main.  Tanks should be there.

If tanks are there: it means the varios things in the mapdata.py are workking for you in CQ at least and that they probably don't work in COOP.

If tanks are not there: scream at your computer like a little girl and reinstal repeatedly until it works or you get fed up and switch to CCS.

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 06-12-2009, 13:12:06 »
but how do i get the kt in cuz thats why i used conquest's file...
This will piss you off even more...changing the spawner name in SP does work, I just tried it.

I capped the first 4 flags, switched sides, waited about 2 minutes and...(see pic)

...And now, I have reinstalled it yet again with no changes whatsoever and STILL no tanks! My BF2 is broken :'(...
That's weird...What about vanilla? Any spawn probs there? You're not touching any files outside of the mod itself, so vanilla should be OK. If it is, I fail to see how a reinstall (of FH) wouldn't fix the problem.

...How the hell does this happen?...
Murphy's Law... ::)

...scream at your computer like a little girl...
I been doing a fair bit of that lately...(PC trouble  >:()

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 06-12-2009, 14:12:56 »
I actually reinstalled BF2 (Ya, and that fekkng 1.41 patch), 1.5 patch, FH2 and without even modding it, I jumped to into Goodwood - Not a single German tank, and what seems like a whole lot of hanomags

I tried what you said, E-U. Conquest for one (Had I known that was possible, I would have done it as soon as I got 2.2 so I could see the Tiger II)
Same issue... No Panzers!

Please don't mention Murphey's law - I think I was in mind when that thing was thought up - Whenever I try to get things going well for me, it always finds a way of breaking in the worst, least anticipated way possible

I'm so jinxed with that I'm actually scared when I DO get my rig, SOMETHING I haven't thought of will be amiss

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 06-12-2009, 15:12:31 »
 ???

Well the only thing I can think of (and it's the only thing left) is what's in your My Documents\BF2 folder. AFAIK it doesn't get deleted when you uninstall.

There's a serversettings.con file...maybe a setting in there was changed?
I can't see it having anything to do with the shader cache, but delete it and see what happens...what've you got to lose?

Ah yes, yet another fine example of Mur... :-X

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 06-12-2009, 16:12:58 »
Djinn, what you need to do is to delete all stuff in:

My Documents\Battlefield 2\Mods\fh2

Then re-install the whole thing. And here is what you need to do, to spawn the Panzer 6B Tiger II:

Open Battlefield 2\Mods\FH2\levels\Operation_Goodwood\server.zip

Go through GameModes\SP3\64 open the file "GamePlayObjects.con" using notepad.

Now find the word (pressing ctrl + F) "Tiger" and you may struck at lines containing the following:

rem [ObjectSpawnerTemplate: CP_64_Goodwood_fourflagscombined_dummy_koenigstiger]
ObjectTemplate.create ObjectSpawner CP_64_Goodwood_fourflagscombined_dummy_koenigstiger
ObjectTemplate.activeSafe ObjectSpawner CP_64_Goodwood_fourflagscombined_dummy_koenigstiger
ObjectTemplate.modifiedByUser "Jhn"
ObjectTemplate.isNotSaveable 1
ObjectTemplate.hasMobilePhysics 0
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 1 tiger_late
ObjectTemplate.minSpawnDelay 100
ObjectTemplate.maxSpawnDelay 130
ObjectTemplate.spawnDelayAtStart 1
ObjectTemplate.TimeToLive 120
ObjectTemplate.teamOnVehicle 1

Change the underlined into kingtiger_1944fall

So it will look:

ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 1 kingtiger_1944fall

Now, go close the file, make sure you save them. (and put back to the server.zip file if you unzip to edit).

Start SP game with Goodwood map, make sure that you see "lightcombat mode" is 0 or "no vehicle" is 0 during the loading screen.

Go make the British cap both Cagny west and east flags, Le Preiure, Le Mesnil (both 2 near British main base)... voila! The King Tiger spawns a couple of seconds after that in German main base.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 06-12-2009, 16:12:38 »
Thanx zM, but here is the thing:

I HAD already reinstalled EVERYTHING, and it doesn't even spawn a Stug inspite of all the files being just as the devs put it... I'm sur eif there were panzers spawning, I'd get your solution done, but it doesn't even spawn A tank, let alone a Tiger

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 09-12-2009, 03:12:18 »
Why dont you open the editor and place a tiger or whatever you want near spawnpoints or safe areas??

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 09-12-2009, 07:12:32 »
Will have to wait for my rig later this month to try anything further since I returned the PC I was using - I had it only for the weekend

But here is the thing, I install the game from scratch, BF2, patches, FH2... And even without editting squat, Goodwood ceases to spawn tanks for the Germans

Explain that and I'd be happy to do anything else...

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 09-12-2009, 08:12:08 »
...But here is the thing, I install the game from scratch, BF2, patches, FH2... And even without editting squat, Goodwood ceases to spawn tanks for the Germans...

*cue Twilight Zone music*

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 09-12-2009, 09:12:04 »
*Little did Djinn know he had transitioned to a place where normal things don't happen very often*

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 09-12-2009, 18:12:06 »
Will have to wait for my rig later this month to try anything further since I returned the PC I was using - I had it only for the weekend

But here is the thing, I install the game from scratch, BF2, patches, FH2... And even without editting squat, Goodwood ceases to spawn tanks for the Germans

Explain that and I'd be happy to do anything else...

What do you mean by, German tanks wont spawn??

Did the british took all the flags? did the Marder I spawned at the front flag ( I dont remember that name..)