Author Topic: "returning to WWII"  (Read 1594 times)

Offline Hauggy

• View Profile
Re: "returning to WWII"
« Reply #15 on: 18-08-2015, 15:08:08 »
Not bad but saying that more video games should mention the holocaust is a bad idea imo, nobody wants that depressing thing to happen and we hear enought about that on TV, in countless movies and at school to be bothered with it again on our sparetime when trying to have fun.
I think that video games are fun because they are about combat and not murder and warcrimes...for example I don't think It would have been fun to introduce the genocide of Carthage in Rome 2 total war, having to slaughter civilians and put salt in the ground so nothing grows again lol and destroying the whole city.
I partially agree with all the rest ww2 games are often too focused on Normandy and Stalingrad but I've played uncommon fronts in games like Medal of Honor Resistance which turned me into a parisian women fighting among the French resistance in the streets of Paris. :)
« Last Edit: 18-08-2015, 15:08:16 by Hauggy »

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 18-08-2015, 15:08:46 »
I'm all for the "boil down the conflict option". Like, a game with the campaign centered around the conquest of Monte Cassino, or say lifting the siege of Leningrad.
He was not wrong. Amateurs talk tactics, pros talk logistics.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21-08-2015, 03:08:07 »
I'm all for the "boil down the conflict option". Like, a game with the campaign centered around the conquest of Monte Cassino, or say lifting the siege of Leningrad.

After the Volkssturm weapon news I'm just imaging how cool it would be to do just the battles in and around Berlin. It could make for a huge game with unique gameplay in and of itself