Author Topic: Help with Singleplayer Weapons  (Read 1040 times)

Offline Kóta

• View Profile
Help with Singleplayer Weapons
« on: 11-11-2019, 02:11:30 »
Okay, so, firstly: I apologize if this isn't the place for this. Second, I asked on the BF2 Subreddit and they directed me here, so here goes!

I've looked all over the bloody Internet and tried every possible combination of words in my searches I can imagine, but I can't seem to find a way—be it a mod or tutorial or anything—to unlock all the guns in singleplayer. I have a mod that does that for BF2, so I have to imagine it's possible for FH2 as well. Could someone please help me? If a mod doesn't exist for this, could someone direct me to a tutorial, or possibly teach me how to do it myself? I love FH2 and would love to experience all the weapons it has to offer, but considering the terrible ping I get with the servers I'm pretty much limited to singleplayer.

Thank you all so much in advance! <3

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Singleplayer Weapons
« Reply #1 on: 11-11-2019, 15:11:18 »
You could fire up a local game and do the Firing Range maps.

Firing Range 16 offers early war equipment.
Firing Range 32 offers western front equipment.
Firing Range 64 offers eastern front equipment.

You get to try out guns and vehicles, altho you dont get to kill bots, instead you can kill vehicles and target practice dummies.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11-11-2019, 18:11:26 »
You don't "unlock" guns in FH2. They are all available. In fact some weapons are more common in singleplayer than in MP. If you tell us which gun you want to try we can tell you where to find it.

Offline Kóta

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11-11-2019, 20:11:36 »
Thank you, Flippy! I had no idea that feature existed; though I'm afraid it wouldn't really have the effect I desire if I can't use 'em on bots. :(

And Ts4EVER: I couldn't, say, create a mod that allowed me to cycle through the available weapons for a given kit like the one I have in BF2? That's my ideal solution for this!

As for the ones I'm looking for, I'm partial to scoped weapons, so mostly I'm looking to use more of those.

I've noticed the K98k ZF41 and the Gewehr 43 ZF on, I believe, Eppeldorf?—so more of that would be nice! I also find some of the submachine guns, assault rifles, and shotguns quite fun, so I'd like to be able to find where I can use guns like the MP738, Sten MKIIS, StG44 ZF, Volksturmgewehr, Luftwaffe Drilling, etc. I also believe there are some other suppressed weapons in the game from some of the videos I've seen?—where could I find those?

Thank you so much for your replies and help!

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11-11-2019, 20:11:39 »
I also believe there are some other suppressed weapons in the game from some of the videos I've seen?—where could I find those?

You could visit our homepage for some neat information:
http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/fh2_weapons.php? 

:)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11-11-2019, 20:11:26 »
Making a "cycle" feature like that would be above your paygrade I'm afraid, that would require massive modding.
Most of the weapons you mention are very rare and only available as pickup kits, meaning you have to find them on the map. This might help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxL10j4OMLQ

Offline Kóta

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11-11-2019, 21:11:31 »
Thank you again, Flippy!

And Ts, thank you much for the video. This should help quite a bit.

On the subject of that modding, do you think you could perchance direct me to a place where I could learn to get started on such a thing, even if it would be too much to instruct me yourself? If not, that's perfectly okay. But even if making such a mod would require a lot of time and effort, I certainly wouldn't mind learning how to do it myself.

Thank you both for the information and your timely help. It's answered a lot of the concerns I've had for a while now!

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11-11-2019, 21:11:32 »
Best bet would be asking on our discord in the workshop channel.

Offline Kóta

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11-11-2019, 21:11:02 »
Righteous! Many thanks~ <3