Author Topic: [Vehicles] Saharania wheels don't seem to spin  (Read 2017 times)

Offline Admiral Donutz

• Global Moderator
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
[Vehicles] Saharania wheels don't seem to spin
« on: 01-04-2009, 17:04:26 »
 Orginally posted by: Tiny578
http://forums.filefront.com/fh-bug-reporting/387885-saharania-wheels-dont-seem-spin.html

- When looking at a driving Saharania (you are not occupying it) the wheels don't appear to be spinning. They are just static.
« Last Edit: 03-04-2009, 21:04:48 by Admiral Donutz »

Offline Admiral Donutz

• Global Moderator
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: [Vehicles] Saharania wheels don't seem to spi
« Reply #1 on: 03-04-2009, 00:04:31 »
Works for (in latest internal), I tested alone though and jumped out of a moving Saharania, looked back and saw the wheels spinning and then stopping when the vehicle came to a halt.

Offline fh_spitfire

• Developer
  • FHer since 0.6 | aka spitfire05
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03-04-2009, 16:04:27 »
Works for (in latest internal), I tested alone though and jumped out of a moving Saharania, looked back and saw the wheels spinning and then stopping when the vehicle came to a halt.
AFAIK that doesn't confirm it working. When you were alone, I suppose you were on local server. If the wheels lack netcode, they will work on local fine. Try to test it with two people, one driving, second watching.

(I may be wrong here, don't lynch me if I am ;) )

Offline Admiral Donutz

• Global Moderator
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03-04-2009, 16:04:54 »
Hmm could be. But my internet was acting up, I sacrifised my betatest evening with the boys to bug hunt all by mysel in a local game. :(

Offline altfuture

• View Profile
Re: [Vehicles] Saharania wheels don't seem to spin
« Reply #4 on: 03-04-2009, 21:04:30 »
I have noticed several bugs with Sahariana:

- wheels don't spin
- guns have too high mouse sensitivity and inertia and therefore are pretty hard to use.
- guns intersect with other people in the vehicle. I suggest restricting gun movement to safe zones instead of having 360 degrees.
- When someone else is driving it (not you), sound doesn't change, it remains idle like the gas isn't pressed. Could as well be related to netcode I suppose?

This vehicle seems pretty much unfinished, I'm actually confused how more people (especially betatesters) haven't noticed those issues and reported them.
BRAINFORCE squad

Offline Wilhelm

• Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03-04-2009, 21:04:27 »
This vehicle seems pretty much unfinished, I'm actually confused how more people (especially betatesters) haven't noticed those issues and reported them.

I agree.  As to us betatesters not noticing such things: the sahariana was added late into the development of 2.15 and is not featured on many maps.  It seems many of these issues do not appear in local servers, which is  the main option available to individual testers like me when looking for bugs. 

Basically, the sahariana was functioning well enough to allow it to be added to the 2.15 patch.  These issues will be looked into.

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04-04-2009, 00:04:10 »
Sahariana is very unpredictable while driving. Twice it 'jumped' straight up about 10 meters when I ran over a static or  tried to go through narrow passage. I won't even mention the hard steering

[130.Pz]S.Tiemann

« Reply #7 on: 04-04-2009, 00:04:38 »
Sahariana is very unpredictable while driving. Twice it 'jumped' straight up about 10 meters when I ran over a static or  tried to go through narrow passage. I won't even mention the hard steering

Lol yep, ive learned you have to mash reverse as you go around corners to make it, but that thing sure does go like stink.