Author Topic: [HUD] Graphic errors  (Read 1683 times)

Offline Admiral Donutz

• Global Moderator
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
[HUD] Graphic errors
« on: 01-04-2009, 17:04:29 »
Orginally posted by: Slayer1976
http://forums.filefront.com/fh-bug-reporting/389619-graphic-errors.html

I thought it would be nice and useful to make a thread dedicated to graphic errors only. So people who see something strange can check this thread first before opening a new thread.

Several of these are quite common, others I only encountered recently.

1)

1) This one is the most common I think: legs glitching through a wall. It looks stupid, but I think it's BF2 engine related and cannot be fixed. The legs can't be hit this way, luckily.

2)

2) Also BF2 engine related I think. The bushes on the ground seem to "rise" one after the other when driving a tank. This goes for the smaller, 2d bushes (brownish/orange ones in this screenie). There's three visible: the rightmost is the closest, and therefore has completed his "rise" the leftmost is the furthest away and has only started to "rise" just now.

3)

3) Two shots with examples of the same problem, which I only saw recently ingame: the wheels on a Crusader appear white in a certain angle. When the Crusader turned, the white was gone. It looks ugly and I don't know where it came from. I haven't seen it on other tanks (yet).

4)

4) Look at the broken palmtree and the smoke column behind it. The background doesn't match the smoke. It looks like something maybe not fixable, but I hope it is.

For the record: I run FH2 with the highest settings possible.

Offline Admiral Donutz

• Global Moderator
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: [HUD] Graphic errors
« Reply #1 on: 03-04-2009, 00:04:14 »
Orginally posted by: Slayer1976
http://forums.filefront.com/fh-bug-reporting/389619-graphic-errors.html

I thought it would be nice and useful to make a thread dedicated to graphic errors only. So people who see something strange can check this thread first before opening a new thread.

Several of these are quite common, others I only encountered recently.

1)

1) This one is the most common I think: legs glitching through a wall. It looks stupid, but I think it's BF2 engine related and cannot be fixed. The legs can't be hit this way, luckily.
It's a BF2 thing. And as you said, you can't actually kill the guy.

2)

2) Also BF2 engine related I think. The bushes on the ground seem to "rise" one after the other when driving a tank. This goes for the smaller, 2d bushes (brownish/orange ones in this screenie). There's three visible: the rightmost is the closest, and therefore has completed his "rise" the leftmost is the furthest away and has only started to "rise" just now.
Yup, a BF2 thing.

3) Two shots with examples of the same problem, which I only saw recently ingame: the wheels on a Crusader appear white in a certain angle. When the Crusader turned, the white was gone. It looks ugly and I don't know where it came from. I haven't seen it on other tanks (yet).
I too run at the highest settings but I don't get this. Might be driver related? Whatever it is, I think it's cause on your end.

4) Look at the broken palmtree and the smoke column behind it. The background doesn't match the smoke. It looks like something maybe not fixable, but I hope it is.

For the record: I run FH2 with the highest settings possible.
I'm not sure but I think thisis an other BF2 thing and how it deals with overlapping transparant textures (I think the tree uses transparant textures for it's base too and the doube transparancy makes it look funny). But I'm just geussing here so I'll let this report open for now  even to I think this can not be fixed.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03-04-2009, 07:04:12 »
Hiho,
ok I have a few comments as well. :)

To 1.: You can kill people who have their legs glitching through a wall by shooting at their feet, I know it sounds bad, but it's a BF2 engine thing, the smartest thing to do while behind a wall or waiting in a room is to crouch and not go prone.

To 2.: That's the way LoDs work in BF2 and that becomes especially obvious when looking through binocs.

To 3.: Same here, I run highest and can't see those, what Gfx card are you using? Are you forcing AA from in the game or via a driver?

To 4.: As Donutz said. :)
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline GooGeL

• FH-Betatester
  • Shedmaster
    • View Profile
    • WOLFgaming.net
« Reply #3 on: 04-04-2009, 22:04:30 »
I do also get those very bright wheels. Yuck!

Think it's a AMD/ATI Radeon thingy.

Offline NoCoolOnesLeft

• Allied Bias
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05-04-2009, 10:04:17 »
I get it too with various nVidia and ATi cards, new and old drivers alike: GTX 260, X1600 and 8800GT.

Offline Moku

• Waaagh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05-04-2009, 12:04:44 »
I think I too have seen those bright wheels issue a few times. And I too have ATi card (HD4850).

Offline KomradePedrovsk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07-04-2009, 15:04:55 »
A soldier died while on cupola position on Panzer. And his body stood there kinda glitched. I only have first person view screenshot though:

A barrel blew up and clipped through the wall. Probably the same reasons soldier's legs clip through them as well:

This one I guess it's common/normal. In Sidi Rezegh it seems like there are two terrain textures overlapping/clipping through each other and it changes as you aim into different points. Probably the main terrain and an extension of the the trench terrain that fits into it:
« Last Edit: 07-04-2009, 15:04:42 by Asclepius »

Playing FH since 0.5

Offline Admiral Donutz

• Global Moderator
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07-04-2009, 16:04:59 »
A soldier died while on cupola position on Panzer. And his body stood there kinda glitched. I only have first person view screenshot though:
I think this is the same deal as soldier's having their legs stick through a wall etc.

A barrel blew up and clipped through the wall. Probably the same reasons soldier's legs clip through them as well:
I guess so, don't know for sure though.

This one I guess it's common/normal. In Sidi Rezegh it seems like there are two terrain textures overlapping/clipping through each other and it changes as you aim into different points. Probably the main terrain and an extension of the the trench terrain that fits into it:
An other engine thing. You can see simular flickering textures on vehicles and such. Depending on the situation two layers of mtaterial that are very close or ontop of eachother cause a flickering. Or they might appear differently from certain angles. Just how the came deals with "overlapping' surfaces/textures (not that good as you can see).