Author Topic: FH2: Forgotten Maps [SP/COOP] DOWNLOAD [UPDATE 05/13/16]  (Read 100529 times)

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: FH2: Forgotten Maps (SP/COOP) DOWNLOAD - UPDATED 12/20/14
« Reply #45 on: 23-12-2014, 20:12:20 »
Hey, gamerjer,

glad you enjoy it. I can't really work on that Mortar problem, I have no insight on how those mechanics work, but maybe it is just an outdated version of the mortar present on the map, so I'll try to fix that in the next patch, if there will be one (creating and uploading these packs takes a lot of time and blocks my bad internet for hours, so forgive me if I'm not patching it now).

The flags on Valkenswaard are actually meant to behave that way. As long as the Flak position is not captured, the Germans will be able to spawn alongside the highway and lay ambushes. When you capture the position, you will have the spawnpoints. Ts4EVER designed it that way.
« Last Edit: 23-12-2014, 21:12:14 by Darman »

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 23-12-2014, 20:12:13 »
Ah yes, Valkenswaard, my first "serious" map.  ;D The flags are indeed supposed to work like that, if it was a good idea is a different question altogether.  ;)

Offline gamerjer

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 24-12-2014, 11:12:03 »
Ah yes, Valkenswaard, my first "serious" map.  ;D The flags are indeed supposed to work like that, if it was a good idea is a different question altogether.  ;)
ah i see so the flags in the city needs to be captured to spawn?
because i was like huh when me and my friend captured the 3th flag we died we needed to walk a marathon
and before we arrived it was already captured by the enemy bots again XD but the map itself is verry nice and looks like its fun but for the british its hard to capture/hold the flags :p

@Darman

Np thanks for the info its ok the mortar isnt a big asset ;-p by the way in the near future your going to patch it or add other maps to with bot support? (just curious if we can expect another map pack or update someday in the future) or everythings ready as it is? =-p

anyways thanks for all the effort and enjoy the upcomming xmas guys 8)

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 24-12-2014, 12:12:34 »
@Darman

Np thanks for the info its ok the mortar isnt a big asset ;-p by the way in the near future your going to patch it or add other maps to with bot support? (just curious if we can expect another map pack or update someday in the future) or everythings ready as it is? =-p

anyways thanks for all the effort and enjoy the upcomming xmas guys 8)

As for future mappacks - I'm always on the lookout for high quality maps to add bot support to. Unfortunatly, many of those won't let me and keep crashing the editor constantly when trying to draw the AI or generating pathfinding. I've wasted a lot of time on these up to the point that I throw every map that crashes twice in the trashbin at once, not because it is a bad map but just to prohibit wasting more time. I had to discard several amazing FHT maps because of this.

Also many maps have a lot of heights with small paths or bridges and that is not AI-friendly so I can't use them.

I'm planning to check on some Siciliy maps if they can be done, but thats a project for the new year. I've been very busy with all these the last weeks, now its holiday!

Btw Christmas is today! At least here in Germany we celebrate it today. Merry Christmas everybody!
« Last Edit: 24-12-2014, 12:12:24 by Darman »

Offline gamerjer

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 24-12-2014, 20:12:29 »
ooh alright cool
so next year you gonna try maps like cantania

and battle of salerno

these maps look really awesome to but i have no clue or they can have bot support or not but ill wait and see till somewhere next year =-p

here tomorrow its first xmas day today there wasnt much of a celibration yet :p
the only downside of xmas is that every year the same is on tv like the Grinch every year again
im like oh damn not again x-P
anyways have a nice xmas gents ;)

Offline asd03190524

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 27-12-2014, 10:12:02 »
It was a very great work! Thank you!

Offline icarus86

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 27-12-2014, 18:12:36 »
Some maps like advance on foy only have a 16 player option and crash upon selection

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 27-12-2014, 22:12:22 »
Some maps like advance on foy only have a 16 player option and crash upon selection

Hey icarus86, please refer to the opening post for information like this, the mod pack is designed for COOP mode, so in order for the map to work, you will have to create a local server, select coop mode and then select the map and size you want to play.

Foy is still listed as 16p conquest map, too. Of course this will not work, I just forgot to remove that entry in the conquest section. My bad.

Offline icarus86

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 28-12-2014, 07:12:35 »

Hey icarus86, please refer to the opening post for information like this, the mod pack is designed for COOP mode, so in order for the map to work, you will have to create a local server, select coop mode and then select the map and size you want to play.

Foy is still listed as 16p conquest map, too. Of course this will not work, I just forgot to remove that entry in the conquest section. My bad.

Oh its fine, i meant it was showing up in the coop list, but then i realized i had to refresh the coop list, all is good :p

Offline ULTRAKILL

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 04-01-2015, 01:01:37 »
Is it possible to convert fht maps for fh2 single player

i'm sure i saw some years ago who had a bf110 a ju 87g and a me 262

woudl id be possible to convert them

Offline titsmcgee852

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 04-01-2015, 06:01:11 »
Incredible work man, this is appreciated so much! Thank you

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 04-01-2015, 16:01:43 »
Is it possible to convert fht maps for fh2 single player

i'm sure i saw some years ago who had a bf110 a ju 87g and a me 262

woudl id be possible to convert them

Hi, wether this is possible or not depends. First of all, I need to have the map. I don't have it.
Furthermore, all those vehicles you're talking about need to be configured for AI use. Most likely they aren't.
And then there is always a 50% chance the map will crash the editor upon creating AI pathfinding.
« Last Edit: 04-01-2015, 23:01:24 by Darman »

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 04-01-2015, 19:01:29 »
Dear Darman, I would like to cordially thank you for your marvelous work! You would not believe how much fun this map-pack has provided me with and what great pleasure it has yet to bring. One splendid map I would like to see nav-meshed as soon as it is ready is Reichswald as soon as it is completed.

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 05-01-2015, 02:01:03 »
You're welcome my friend. How's the empire doing? 

As for Reichswald I would of course love to add it to the collection, but considering sn00x' work in the past, most of his maps recieved AI support by him (?) and the ones to be found here are just there because they needed to be updated or were likely to fade into oblivion.

If sn00x releases Reichswald with AI support on his own, there would be no point for me in overhauling it or adding it to the collection in this thread. If he won't add AI support though, I'll see to contacting him about doing it when I find the time.

Anyway thanks for mentioning it, I had not yet heard of this map and it looks promising.

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 05-01-2015, 23:01:50 »
Darman, just a thought, but you might want to think about applying for a developer position at FH2.

All in all, it's up to you, but you have shown that you can code, create AI for singleplayer/coop, and many other impressive stuff! You are showing immense promise for sure. :)