Author Topic: Vehicle dust trails  (Read 561 times)

Offline mft004

• View Profile
Vehicle dust trails
« on: 22-01-2018, 21:01:34 »
Hello there,

would anyone know to which folder/zip I should be heading to to make the dust trail kick-ups by tanks and trucks bigger?  So that, for example, you could see a tall cloud of dust generated by a moving vehicle from a long distance away? 

Thanks in advance to anyone who would know this.
Mark

Offline Sgt.Robharts

• View Profile
Re: Vehicle dust trails
« Reply #1 on: 22-01-2018, 21:01:37 »
This would make a lot of sense actually. Have read so many books saying that enemies were spotted by those trails in Normandy for instance during July and August when the ground was dry...

But in the game, I can't see if it would be possible... When you know that the view distance is very low, that planes have to navigate by GPS basically (minimap) and that you practically hear the plane coming on a bombing run at the last couple of seconds...

Game is old...
« Last Edit: 22-01-2018, 21:01:10 by Sgt.Robharts »

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23-01-2018, 07:01:06 »
View distance can be modified for each map, the problema relies on the fact that it would increase lag, since your computer would have to render more objects.

Offline fighterpil

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23-01-2018, 14:01:08 »
Yeah, this is an interesting idea, but I don't know how many people's computers could handle it.

Offline mft004

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24-01-2018, 19:01:46 »
I'll admit I was just after trying it out on my own PC with co-op games, the PC isn't an ultimate machine but with i7 and plenty of RAM it's comforatable with bf2. 

I've been able to increase the height of smoke columns from burning vehicle hulks, so thought that maybe the dust trail animation might be based on something similar in which case perhaps its height could be modified too.

Offline Sgt.Robharts

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25-01-2018, 00:01:12 »
Pretty interesting!

Good job on that!

I feel like FH2 needs some refreshing stuff. It could be updated sounds, updated animations, updated particle effects or each... But I truly think it needs to surprise us, not just with new maps or weapons, am I the only one thinking it?

Offline fighterpil

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25-01-2018, 01:01:54 »
Pretty interesting!

Good job on that!

I feel like FH2 needs some refreshing stuff. It could be updated sounds, updated animations, updated particle effects or each... But I truly think it needs to surprise us, not just with new maps or weapons, am I the only one thinking it?

No, you're not the only one thinking it. FH2 is a great game, the best of it's kind in my opinion, but is starting to grow a little old and could use a few tweaks and updates.