Author Topic: Review the latest movie you have seen  (Read 179220 times)

Offline gatordh7

• View Profile
Re: Review the latest movie you have seen
« Reply #15 on: 30-03-2009, 02:03:51 »
 I actually just watched Pulp Fiction for the first time, even though it came out sometime in the early 90's.. anyways, awesome movie! 8/10

Offline Archimonday

• Sir vis pacem, para bellum!
    • View Profile
Gran Torino
« Reply #16 on: 30-03-2009, 02:03:23 »
In honesty, I'd of thought Clint Eastwood had lived past his glory years and was enjoying his job as a director, let alone star in a new film. I "bought" Gran Torino and watched it on my Playstation right here at my desk, and needless to say I was impressed.

The movie didn't take the racism as far as others, like American History X did, and it wasn't all that violent of a film. It was more or less a dramatic comedy which played out nicely. Every-time Clint talked I found myself giggling at the remarks, as his persona in the movie reminded me all too much of my Grandfather who also fought in the Korean War, and displayed a similar rhetoric to this character, he even sported the same type of dog. The movie was good, but it got even better when Clint marched out of his doorway and onto the front lawn of his Ghetto home with his M1 Garand in hand, and said perhaps one of the rising stars of movie lines "Get Off My Lawn". I can safely say that twenty years from now those words will be repeated again and again much like the famous "I'll Be Back" or "Hasta La Vista Baby" from Terminator.

The movie was good fun, and at the end, just when you thought Clint was to whip out his .45 Caliber M1911 the movie slapped you silly with a lighter displaying a Airborne Cavalry insignia, it was, perhaps one of the greatest movie twists of all time, right up there with "The Sixth Sense".

9 out of 10

Offline Alakazou

• FHer from the beginning
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 30-03-2009, 05:03:03 »
Hot rod
8/10
I love this weird kind of humor.

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #18 on: 01-04-2009, 18:04:43 »
Does Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog count as a movie? It is by far the best piece of cinematography that I've seen in 2009 (if it was longer I'd say 2008 too), but its only 40 minutes and never made it too TV or the theaters.
I loved that one

And the ending, whoa.

Should be seen by everyone who can watch musicals

Offline NoCoolOnesLeft

• Allied Bias
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 01-04-2009, 19:04:34 »
Knowing (2009)

Er...I don't know where to start really. One strange movie to say the least. Nicolas Cage is a bit of a let down at times - playing the only character he can play; the bumbling, confused, but honest and caring figure that got stuck with the job of trying to save the day - or universe - again. His acting passes off most of the time throughout the film, but there is some moments were you can see he is struggling.

The special effects are great - in particular the scene that blew me away was the plane crash, and another one I won't mention for spoiler reasons.

The movie was so-so, thinking about it, but I was curiously drawn into it. The film is a bit pants, but it has charm. The movie can be quite genuinely scary at times, but the ending will leave you bewildered.

It's just one of those films were it isn't sure what it's supposed to be.

Worth a look, if just for the plane crash scene alone - that scene will leave an impression on you.

Offline HappyFunBall

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02-04-2009, 00:04:37 »
Flew down to Varadero for vacation 2 weeks ago. On the flight down, some sadistic bastard made the in flight movie "High School Musical 3", all I can say is watching it without bothering to put your headset on didn't seem to detract from my enjoyment.

On the flight back I got "Madagascar 2" the only good think I can say is that I wasn't particularly lost, even though I never saw the original. I heard the first was actually pretty funny, the sequel was NOT.

The second movie was "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2" BOTH WAYS!!!!! Mediocre movie 5/10

Offline Mspfc Doc DuFresne

• A Poet and I didn't Know It
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02-04-2009, 04:04:53 »
Does Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog count as a movie? It is by far the best piece of cinematography that I've seen in 2009 (if it was longer I'd say 2008 too), but its only 40 minutes and never made it too TV or the theaters.
I loved that one

And the ending, whoa.

:D Finally, someone else who has seen it! I still spontaneously break into song when I'm walking to class and whatnot. (Look at these people, Amazing how sheep'll come to the slaughter.)

For anyone who has not seen it:
For Americans there is Hulu
For people outside the U.S. there is youtube.
Twilight - the movie is just like Schindler's list... You know you're watching a crime against humanity, but it's sort of entertaining.~~Ts4EVER

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 02-04-2009, 04:04:28 »
I saw "Apocalypse Now Redux" today.
Needless to say:
10/10

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #23 on: 02-04-2009, 22:04:54 »
I saw "Apocalypse Now Redux" today.
Needless to say:
10/10

You are correct, Coppola is god. The question for me is though, Godfather II or Redux. Can't choose. One of them is the greatest movie of all time.

Offline Hockeywarrior

• One of the superior 5-digit numbers
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 02-04-2009, 22:04:16 »
Knowing (2009)

Er...I don't know where to start really. One strange movie to say the least. Nicolas Cage is a bit of a let down at times - playing the only character he can play; the bumbling, confused, but honest and caring figure that got stuck with the job of trying to save the day - or universe - again. His acting passes off most of the time throughout the film, but there is some moments were you can see he is struggling.

The special effects are great - in particular the scene that blew me away was the plane crash, and another one I won't mention for spoiler reasons.

The movie was so-so, thinking about it, but I was curiously drawn into it. The film is a bit pants, but it has charm. The movie can be quite genuinely scary at times, but the ending will leave you bewildered.

It's just one of those films were it isn't sure what it's supposed to be.

Worth a look, if just for the plane crash scene alone - that scene will leave an impression on you.
That movie was a massive waste of my life. Nicholous Cage needs to stand back and take a nice long look at his career thus far... and needs to realize that he needs to stop making shitty movies.

I'll say first that this movie had some decent potential, and for the first 30 minutes or so I was actually kind of intrigued. Then, the dark shadow-people keep showing up and one thought keeps reentering my mind each time -- "Dear God please NOT aliens." Until finally towards the end, I finally sorrowfully realized that, yes, in fact it WAS aliens.

Don't see this movie. The special effects are nice... seeing the Earth get vaporized by a giant fireball is pretty sweet. But, then again, aren't nice special effects the minimum (in some cases, maximum) requirement in movies today?

Check out my Red Orchestra, FH2, and shooting videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQK9lbdAEi9mAM5iGfHoeyA

Offline Flyboy1942

• AKA: Ghanrage
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 03-04-2009, 00:04:07 »
I loved that one

And the ending, whoa.

:D Finally, someone else who has seen it! I still spontaneously break into song when I'm walking to class and whatnot. (Look at these people, Amazing how sheep'll come to the slaughter.)

For anyone who has not seen it:
For Americans there is Hulu
For people outside the U.S. there is youtube.

I saw this movie on Hulu back when it first came out. :)

I must say, that up to watching this, I had never enjoyed a single musical. I did not get bored, or annoyed by the singing, etc, but actually liked it. Definitely a must see for everyone.

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 03-04-2009, 15:04:08 »
The Mall Cop.
Pretty bad and not funny. Luckily I didnĀ“t waste 7 Euros for seeing only two funny scenes in 90 minutes....
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #27 on: 04-04-2009, 11:04:41 »
Alright, kids. Here's a classic. If you haven't seen this one. Then you are playing around on really, really thin ice

Just watched

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Anything but a straight 10 out of 10 is for me insane

« Last Edit: 04-04-2009, 12:04:48 by Rawhide »

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #28 on: 04-04-2009, 11:04:10 »
<playing on thin ice>
But I've seen so many other movies.
<ice starts to rumble>
 :(
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 04-04-2009, 12:04:18 »
Hmmm...

Well the Last Movie I saw was Rambo V (I believe thats the one, well, if not, its the newest one that just came out a year or so ago).

...and all else apple said
Really?
Rambo V sucked big time. the boyish part of me was thrilled, will all explosions, blood, gore and weapons.
But other than that, it was just so embarrassingly bad.
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso