Author Topic: Review the latest movie you have seen  (Read 179213 times)

Offline Flyboy1942

• AKA: Ghanrage
    • View Profile
Re: Review the latest movie you have seen
« Reply #45 on: 05-04-2009, 23:04:40 »
"Viewer discretion advised" means nothing. Its just legal ass-covering by the cable companies. If a show has something that might possibly make someone go "eww," then they have to put that there so they dont get sued for some BS charge like "harming our childrens' psyche."

Ive seen in before medical shows like House, dramas like The Shield, and discovery channel shows that have animals eating eachother.

Last Night I saw X-Men Origins: Wolverine. It was pretty good, for someone who never read the comics. There are some interesting twists to the story, and that good comraderie which most movies these days seem to skimp out on.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 06-04-2009, 00:04:19 »
oh ok. In Germany we just have "The following program is not suited for viewer under 16/18 years"

Offline jumjum

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 06-04-2009, 03:04:10 »
Okay, I'm almost embarrassed to say i saw Twilight Jeez, I've heard women in their 50's swooning over the books. The movie was simply a high school girls' dream movie. It's an interesting moral relativism there, that the "good" vampires no longer kill humans - of course they did in the past, but all is forgiven. Since they're good and all. But the movie had a couple of sequels written all over it. All in all a wasted two hours.
Like the Phoenix rising from the ashes.....

Offline Flyboy1942

• AKA: Ghanrage
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 06-04-2009, 04:04:32 »
Hehehe I ended up having to watch that with a few girls at a friends house, jums...I agree wholeheartedly. The characters are written to either make every girl who reads/watches sympathize with them (Bella), or, in the case of Edward, the character is a perfect, designer boy who fits every girls list of wants.

Also, an interesting thought is that the movie would have been the same if the family was say, lumberjacks or something. Vampirism has very little to do with the story, and that's butchered with the whole "oooh look at me I can go out in the sunlight" thing.

Oh, and if you believe that "in every awkward silence, a gay baby is born" then Twilight's acting could populate an entire San Francisco neighborhood. ;)

Offline Mspfc Doc DuFresne

• A Poet and I didn't Know It
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 06-04-2009, 04:04:48 »
and that's butchered with the whole "oooh look at me I can go out in the sunlight" thing.

I saw it, on a plane, without headphones. From what I saw, if the vampires dug tunnels like moles to get where they needed to go, the movie would have been improved.

Oh, and if you believe that "in every awkward silence, a gay baby is born" then Twilight's acting could populate an entire San Francisco neighborhood. ;)

Ouch. (as I mentioned above, I obviously could not hear the awkward silences, thankfully)
Twilight - the movie is just like Schindler's list... You know you're watching a crime against humanity, but it's sort of entertaining.~~Ts4EVER

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 06-04-2009, 05:04:59 »
I saw it about a week ago on a video night with some friends of mine  ::) they also rented Pearl Harbor, because apparently I'm "into WW2 and stuff" but I talked them out of it.

Offline jumjum

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 06-04-2009, 05:04:37 »
...Oh, and if you believe that "in every awkward silence, a gay baby is born" then Twilight's acting could populate an entire San Francisco neighborhood. ;)

Oh damn, another coffee-out-the-nose post! Ya gotta warn me!
Like the Phoenix rising from the ashes.....

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #52 on: 06-04-2009, 23:04:24 »
I saw it about a week ago on a video night with some friends of mine  ::) they also rented Pearl Harbor, because apparently I'm "into WW2 and stuff" but I talked them out of it.
Oh you got punked!  :D

"We rented a movie for you here you go"

"OH SNAP IT'S PEARL HARBOR YOU HAVE BEEN PUNKED!"

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 07-04-2009, 00:04:45 »
The last movie I saw was "Reflecting skin".
Hardcore stuff. It was really grotesque, weird, and repellent in so many scenes (especially the Lithopaedion) although there were no effects at all; even the stuff not shown explicitly was gross, but I just couldn't switch the program, I had to look how it goes on.
Nothing for the faint of the heart, and nothing for fans of more superficial, plain movies. But interesting somehow, though I can't say I "enjoyed" it.
« Last Edit: 07-04-2009, 01:04:53 by Schneider »

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #54 on: 08-04-2009, 14:04:11 »
Anybody seen Max Manus yet?

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 10-04-2009, 14:04:25 »
Watched the new "Fast and Furious 4" yesterday. The movie was so lala. If you like tuning and pimped cars this movie is definately for you, but I´m not so into this scene so it was quite boring. The girls were hot, so that was a plus point, but apart from that the movie was not very entertaining...

5/10 Points
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #56 on: 12-04-2009, 11:04:41 »
Anchorman

- I don't know what this movie does to me. But I like it alot.
It's just a typical Will Ferrell movie, but I think it's the best he has done (and Talladega Nights!)

A good sunday afternoon movie

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #57 on: 13-04-2009, 00:04:49 »
Katyn
- Pretty good, thought the ending came so suddenly.

Any other good polish WW2 movies out there?

Offline Kev4000

• Developer
  • FH2 "special" coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 13-04-2009, 02:04:23 »
Anybody seen Max Manus yet?

Yeah pretty good movie. A couple of the actors were bad but didn't expect all to much from it. Its better then 75% of the WW2 movies out there though.

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 13-04-2009, 11:04:29 »
Saw "Blood Diamond" yesterday and I must say that it´s really good. Very touching, covers the topic very well and the actores are good.
9/10
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.