Author Topic: Is flying in FH 2 too difficult?  (Read 6779 times)

Offline [WaW] torex

• View Profile
    • Asyra
Is flying in FH 2 too difficult?
« on: 12-05-2010, 03:05:05 »
Well,

in FH1 flying the planes was really easy, even with keyboard. You had a third-person-view behind the plane.

In FH2 I havent seen much good pilots; even in BFE-WaW our pilots are almost the same guys (for years now)? There are not much guys who try the planes for combats.

Sometimes I tried to test my pilot skills (desert maps), but even when I didnt crash my plane, it's not much as fun as in FH1. You have almost no view because of the realistic cabin view and the missing third-person-view. Dogfighting is a pain.

May be FH2 misses the right planes for newbies; being good at Stuka is not easy at the beginning, but I am just wondering about this "issue" since the start of FH2. May be I am just too bad? ;)
Do you want good teamplay and fighting? 11 hours of hard fighting each week? Commanding chain? Join BFE-WaW now!

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: Is flying in FH 2 too difficult?
« Reply #1 on: 12-05-2010, 03:05:59 »
I can "trench run" with a storch under bridges and on a particular map.

Dogfights I cannot do though

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Paasky

• DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12-05-2010, 08:05:34 »
You're bad, cause I can fly just fine. I got shot down by the pro pilots in FH1, and I get shot down in FH2. But I can still easily shoot down the casual pubbienoob like yourself ;)
It's half naked people on boats. That's all.
Here in Finland we call that "summer".

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12-05-2010, 09:05:01 »
Hehe Torex, you should always remember that flying was and is only a side show in the BF series. There were always a few cracks (MGManiac, Orange, to name two from WaW and a few others) and then there was a long and deep nothing. Same thing has happened in FH2. I personally have mostly resigned from flying (still get a rush from time to time), but that is ok, I'm more of an engineer now and I'm enjoying it even more.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Tuhulu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13-05-2010, 01:05:49 »
It's not difficult to fly really. Although I can agree that dogfighting ain't my thing in FH2. Although im good at it in IL-2 :P. Cockpit in itself ain't a problem either, but we dont see very and that combined with the cockpit makes it a bit difficult sometimes to have the complete overview.

Offline Steel_Lion_FIN

• Mostly drunk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13-05-2010, 01:05:50 »
It is very hard to win any dogfigths against people with fancy Logitech's that have adjustable sensivity.  >:(  ::)
I'd rather play Kimble with my ass!

Offline Tuhulu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13-05-2010, 04:05:04 »
I can't get used to have a joystick in FH2 for some reason. I can't get the throttle to work and the lack of free look is bad for me. Even with those problems set aside I still find the keyboard (and sometimes mouse) a better option.

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13-05-2010, 08:05:05 »
I can't get used to have a joystick in FH2 for some reason. I can't get the throttle to work and the lack of free look is bad for me. Even with those problems set aside I still find the keyboard (and sometimes mouse) a better option.

check for joy2key

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13-05-2010, 10:05:54 »
I have a gamepad to fly although i must admit i prefer tanking to flying and when i do fly i prefer stuka over anything.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13-05-2010, 12:05:36 »
The learning curve is higher compared to FH1. After you have mastered the controls it's a case of who has the best tactics.
I know a few good pilot who can throw a tail within 5 seconds.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Paavopesusieni

• Spongebob
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13-05-2010, 15:05:59 »
Flying became far to easy after 2.2 patch. Now its boring.

Offline Cin3k33

• Lobo`s younger sister
    • View Profile
    • eXavs
« Reply #11 on: 14-05-2010, 09:05:49 »
After 2.2 more depends on wich plane do you fly, than how good are you. I remember Mareth line dogfights: me in Beaufighter vs 109 I lost 2/3 dogfights, but 1/3 I won. Now after 2.2 it is almost impossible to make dogfights even against stuka :(

There is simply herarchy now for me:

Fw190>Typhoon>Spitfire>Mustang>Thunderbolt>109>Hurricane>Stuka>Beaufighter>Piper>Storch

You still can fight Planes wich are next to eachother but it is hard against pillot as skilled as you. For example you can kill 109 with Hurricane but it isnt as easy as killing 190 with Mustang.

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 14-05-2010, 10:05:46 »
flying was hard in 2.0 to 2.2 (i think) then it got really easy

speed got reduced and turnability increased

also there is weapon alignment + weapon damage overhaul ...
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline Prokhorovka

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 23-05-2010, 18:05:41 »
It's just boring because the planes don't go fast

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 23-05-2010, 23:05:34 »
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away... called sector 2.1 planes were like speedy gonzales on crack and you couldn't shoot them down unless you were on their six.