Poland
17 (22.4%)
Greece
5 (6.6%)
Other (please state which one)
7 (9.2%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Voting closed: 16-03-2013, 21:03:56

Author Topic: Minor Nations  (Read 18588 times)

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
Re: Minor Nations
« Reply #105 on: 24-09-2012, 21:09:50 »
Would the Vichy French be considered "Minor" ?

I would consider them minor. Im really hoping the Finns make it in.  I dont know why but i love there story of struggle. Having to fight for their home land against an enemy much stronger than them. I think they would be a perfect addition for the Eastern Front.

Offline TASSER

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 25-09-2012, 00:09:37 »
I agree. Finns would be great. Plus there's a large amount active community members who are from Finland, certainly respect the desire to fight as your countrymen :)
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! –ping       <3

Offline BaskaBommi

• Fought the Battle of the Nazisis
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 21-10-2012, 10:10:04 »
Finland might make it in the next release, but I think that we'll see them in the post-Russian release (2.55)
Steam-name: Sinko-Zimo

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 21-10-2012, 10:10:41 »
Finnland and Poland are must-haves in FH2 in my opinion, since we had them in FH1.

Offline Kuupperi

• Professional spoilsport
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 21-10-2012, 11:10:10 »
I agree it might be first only the Russian (2.5) and then maybe the Finns (2.55) due to the amount of work they have on the Russian content. I think mapping is a slow progress so they probably concentrate on the Soviet vs. German maps for first. The Soviet plus the German are already a big packet itself to be put together even without the Finns and the Poles.

And I remember Finland from FH1. Only one map and the Soviet controlled it most of the time, especially when they got tanks after Finland had the controlpoints and the only chance to get them out was panzerfaust that always didn't finish the job or occupy one of abandoned tanks on the battlefield. Sometimes the Soviet tanks reached the beach and yeah, wooden boats with MGs vs. Soviet armor + Soviet infantry in the line on the beach aiming at the Finnish troops advancing with their tiny boats.

One day when/if the Finns make it in the mod, I wish more content for them; maps, vehicles (armor, trucks) and weapons. Some part of the Finnish weaponry came from Soviet Union and Germany so in the end it's only matter of reskining, right? Then there's some weaponry by the Finns; Suomi SMG, Finnish variants of Mosin Nagant, L-35 and so on. The maps could more forest and village outskirt fighting in daylight, and some trenches. More solid ground for the tanks and less the river massacre.

I think that's pretty much everything I wanted to say for now.

Offline Steel_Lion_FIN

• Mostly drunk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 21-10-2012, 13:10:32 »
Actually there's a lot of Finnish content already. Models of small arms and tanks, and at least 2 maps have been spotted on the Testserver and the changelog: Kuuterselkä and Portinhoikka.
I'd rather play Kimble with my ass!

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 21-10-2012, 14:10:32 »
Actually there's a lot of Finnish content already. Models of small arms and tanks, and at least 2 maps have been spotted on the Testserver and the changelog: Kuuterselkä and Portinhoikka.
wat?

don't forget that there is also polish content in the changelog (what means nothing), many maps were rejected, abandoned or are just test maps.

Offline Kuupperi

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 21-10-2012, 15:10:53 »
I have been reading the conspiracy thread and seen some possible content for Finland. Also I could remember seeing Kuuterselkä or Portinhoikka too. Anyhow I want to see some official statement of this content by the developer team, in the form of news or at least in Developer blog -section, before I start to really believe them coming true.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 21-10-2012, 15:10:38 »
Where do you get Portinhoikka from? I understand where you get Kuuterselkä out of, but have you ever actually _seen_ evidence of Portinhoikka appearing in the testing server, just like Kuuterselkä has been spotted in the past?

Offline Kuupperi

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 21-10-2012, 16:10:04 »
From the conspiracy thread: http://www.sichtling.com/work_05.html

Right above the picture of T-50 tank Portinhoikka is mentioned. I can't be sure though if the environment of picture is related to Portinhoikka or not. That's where I have seen it.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 21-10-2012, 16:10:14 »
I can't be sure though if the environment of picture is related to Portinhoikka or not.

I can confirm this, it's not.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 21-10-2012, 17:10:23 »
Its something Finnish, so it hast to have some kind of use in the future.  :)

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 22-10-2012, 18:10:18 »
I think finland would be nice for a couple reasons.  1st with the new eastern front in the making it would fit right in.  The finns dont need alot of custom weapons, since they can use alot of russian and german ones.  Plus it would give the mod more variety, which could draw in new players and support
Downfalls  :-\
-requires new player models
-new maps (maybe make the first ones smaller, like infantry fighting over a village or forest, until eastern front is more fully developed)
-requires some new weapons
-requires time, possibly alot

I dont know if these guys are still going but maybe they could help with models and possibly maps?
http://fww2.org/index.php

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 22-10-2012, 19:10:50 »
Sorry, but finns used weapons all of their own.  Their own mosin type, one smg, own lmg, own vickers type, own pistol.  Only thing they used in common from the russians is the 91/30 and the DP LMG.  Even finnish stugs use the DP, not the MG34.

Offline BaskaBommi

• Fought the Battle of the Nazisis
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 22-10-2012, 19:10:37 »
Downfalls  :-\
-requires new player models
-new maps (maybe make the first ones smaller, like infantry fighting over a village or forest, until eastern front is more fully developed)
-requires some new weapons
-requires time, possibly alot
The dead "Finland at War" Source-mod team donated a lot of diffrent models for FH2-team to use. Boys AT-rifle is to my knowledge is made by that team. (R.I.P.)
Steam-name: Sinko-Zimo