Author Topic: EoD Classic v2.40 Preview: Infinite (For the Pub User)!  (Read 684 times)

Offline buschhans

• View Profile
    • [HG] BF 1942/2 Mod Community

Not much words. Just some facts and 2 videos.

This is the largest map ever made for EoD, and maybe one of five made for Battlefield 1942.

It has the size of Khe Sanh, Operation Hastings, Operation Prairie and Landingzone X-Ray together in one huge map!
It takes you about an hour to drive with a jeep to every corner of the map and about 3-4 minutes with a Mig-21.
The map size will be about 160MB (compressed).

Now we need a new code from EA for 256 players

Eve of Destruction v2.40 - Infinite Map Preview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=10bPzjwlz9s

Eve of Destruction v2.40 - IL-28 flight through Infinite map
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=43tPcJzFU3w

You'll need actual hardware to play this map in coop.
With a 3 years old intel E8500 and nvidia GT9800-1024 I get 100 fps in CONQuest and about ~75 fps in COOP.
Older PC may have spf instead of fps!

(Quelle: eodmod.com)

Offline Zeno

• View Profile
Re: EoD Classic v2.40 Preview: Infinite (For the Pub User)!
« Reply #1 on: 19-12-2011, 18:12:38 »
holy S¤#&Q!

that is one big map !  ;D

now lets try to make one for fh2  ;)

azreal

« Reply #2 on: 19-12-2011, 19:12:46 »
wow, that's actually really cool. Hope all goes well with the map.

Anyone thinking we could make a 1:1 scale of Omaha Beach for FH1?

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19-12-2011, 20:12:17 »
I used to love EoD and I still play EoD2 now and then (its been a long while... maybe I should get back to that with Uranium :)) and its great to see that EoD for 42 is still kicking.

What a map. Really. That is one big mofo I give em that. But how playable is it? You have 64 players and one huuuuuge playing field, doesnt seem too actionbased but its hard to judge. :)

Offline Gl@mRock

• À vaincre sans périls, on triomphe sans gloire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19-12-2011, 20:12:04 »
A map that big for FH2 would be great for a bombing map with B-52 and the likes ;o)

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19-12-2011, 21:12:52 »
A map that big for FH2 would be great for a bombing map with B-52 and the likes ;o)

You mean B17 right? Would love to see that but the devs don't like the idea of "bomb civilians" missions...
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19-12-2011, 22:12:42 »

You mean B17 right? Would love to see that but the devs don't like the idea of "bomb civilians" missions...

But we had "Bombing The Reich" in FH0.7 with alot of objectives. Now lets make it even bigger with lots of planes and you have a awesome map that fits into the pool of FH2 maps with a nice change from the standard maps. Bombing doesn't automaticly mean to bomb civilians. Factories etc. does also fit this kind of map very nice.

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19-12-2011, 22:12:25 »
:o

Now that is some seriously cool stuff right there. Might have to find BF1942 somewhere and try to get it run if that map gets playtime... ohhhh, the airborne operations you could have on that map... now if THAT was played with 128 or 200 players... ;D

Offline buschhans

• View Profile
    • [HG] BF 1942/2 Mod Community
« Reply #8 on: 20-12-2011, 13:12:02 »
wow, that's actually really cool. Hope all goes well with the map.

Anyone thinking we could make a 1:1 scale of Omaha Beach for FH1?
I used to love EoD and I still play EoD2 now and then (its been a long while... maybe I should get back to that with Uranium :)) and its great to see that EoD for 42 is still kicking.

What a map. Really. That is one big mofo I give em that. But how playable is it? You have 64 players and one huuuuuge playing field, doesnt seem too actionbased but its hard to judge. :)

But we had "Bombing The Reich" in FH0.7 with alot of objectives. Now lets make it even bigger with lots of planes and you have a awesome map that fits into the pool of FH2 maps with a nice change from the standard maps. Bombing doesn't automaticly mean to bomb civilians. Factories etc. does also fit this kind of map very nice.
:o

Now that is some seriously cool stuff right there. Might have to find BF1942 somewhere and try to get it run if that map gets playtime... ohhhh, the airborne operations you could have on that map... now if THAT was played with 128 or 200 players... ;D
holy S¤#&Q!

that is one big map !  ;D

now lets try to make one for fh2  ;)

Thank you all for your feedback, with also a great interest people news to making fun!
"FHPUB warumdarum" have the best international open User Community!

I wish you a merry christmas!
Slide good in 2012.:-)