Author Topic: Forgotten Hope 2 : How to increase gamers community  (Read 3738 times)

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Hope 2 : How to increase gamers community
« Reply #15 on: 29-11-2015, 11:11:39 »
If people ARE able to acquire Battlefield 2, then this is all a moot point and we should stop discussing it.
but they ARE able to acquire working BF2 for free and it's pretty easy thing to do.

Fact is, major blocker for new players is BF 2 not being sold anymore. It is still possible to get, but most people just can't be bothered looking for it. Tried to lure some of my friends into FH 2 and most would like to try it, but don't want to look for BF2 all over the interwebz.
You can get it from here, and it's already patched to v1.5. Why won't you send this link to your friends? ;)
« Last Edit: 29-11-2015, 11:11:15 by jan_kurator »

Offline Leopardi

• [11PzG] member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 29-11-2015, 11:11:07 »
If people ARE able to acquire Battlefield 2, then this is all a moot point and we should stop discussing it.
but they ARE able to acquire working BF2 for free and it's pretty easy thing to do.

Fact is, major blocker for new players is BF 2 not being sold anymore. It is still possible to get, but most people just can't be bothered looking for it. Tried to lure some of my friends into FH 2 and most would like to try it, but don't want to look for BF2 all over the interwebz.
You can get it from here, and it's already patched to v1.5. Why won't you send this link to your friends? ;)
Standalone is still the only way to effectively distribute it to the masses, unless FH2 installer goes to battlelog.co and downloads it by itself.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 29-11-2015, 12:11:25 »
Standalone is still the only way to effectively distribute it to the masses, unless FH2 installer goes to battlelog.co and downloads it by itself.
Of course, but FH2 is not standalone. Do you guys really think that devs are not aware of benefits of going standalone? Reminding about it everyday won't speed up the process, change the legal situation, or make all other obstacles on the way to standalone dissappear. For now, we only have this, and I don't understand why you people aren't happy about what we've got, because battlelog combined with FH2 launcher already makes FH2 installion much easier than it was when BF2 was still being sold.
« Last Edit: 29-11-2015, 12:11:44 by jan_kurator »

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 29-11-2015, 20:11:25 »
I don't see FH2 anywhere on battlelog.co.  Wouldn't it be helpful to have it all in one place?

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 29-11-2015, 21:11:13 »
would be, but how do you imagine that? those are two completely different things. Isn't a free BF2 enough for you really?

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 29-11-2015, 22:11:57 »
I think you know by now Jan that I actually have BF2 and FH2.  The topic of this thread is "How to increase gamers community" not "How to have your suggestions dismissed by Jan Kurator".

It seems to me that if someone new wanted to play FH2 they first have to get BF2 from that source and then get FH2 from here or some other mod site.  It would be more convenient if noobs could get it all at one place.  If not on that battlelog site then maybe fully-patched BF2 could be downloaded here.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 29-11-2015, 23:11:47 »
Of course it would be nice to have everything in one place, I even suggested internaly before, that FH2 Launcher should redirect you to the battlelog.org if it doesn't detect a BF2 copy on your computer. But I can't imagine Battlelog adding FH2 download to their site, because if they will add FH2, then why not dozens of other BF2 mods? FH2 has nothing to do with Battlelog. The best thing would be probably adding a "get a BF2 for free" annotation or something similiar somewhere in the downloads section on the FH2 main page with a link to this site. FH2 facebook fanpage already has links to the battlelog.org added in the about tab and few other places, making everything easier for newcomers.

What doesn't stop to amaze me though is how lazy people became, they don't have to buy BF2 anymore, they don't have to download & apply additional 2GBs of patches either. We only need two things installed, instead of four, and both are available for free, and yet everybody is unhappy because FH2 is not standalone ::)
« Last Edit: 29-11-2015, 23:11:06 by jan_kurator »

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 30-11-2015, 00:11:33 »
Well they do have pages about mods http://battlelog.co/downloads.php#mods  http://battlelog.co/mods.php.  I've noticed that F|H, Korsakov anyway, have advertised their FHSW and PR standalone campaigns in the forums.  It seems the only mention of FH2 is http://battlelog.co/post.php?id=7963.  This might be a good place to put some advertisements if these are the only BF2 players left.

It's true people get lazier all the time.  Especially it seems in the tech community.  It's like a bizarre cult Faster, Easier, Smaller!  I don't understand it at all.  You had to be smart to use a telegraph. Now the fucking phone is the smart one!  "Video game" is what we called it when my brother and I would hit each other in the head until we both saw stars.  Not good enough for people today.  (sigh) what can you do?

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 30-11-2015, 00:11:40 »
Well they do have pages about mods http://battlelog.co/downloads.php#mods  http://battlelog.co/mods.php.
Oh, I missed that, I thought they removed those mods from the page, because before they were in the same downloads section together with their F2P BF2. Maybe we should try to contact them then, and hopefully they will put FH2 download links on their page ;)

Offline Alubat

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 30-11-2015, 20:11:51 »
interesting thread from battlelog

is this site legal or illegal??
http://battlelog.co/post.php?id=10117&page=1

In the end, the sollution is
Battlelog, Pr, FH2 and others should team up and buy BF2 out of EA and make it free to the world.
If every bf2 player donated just a little money :-)

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 01-12-2015, 11:12:48 »
I read their ToS awhile ago, that basically says "we'll take whatever shit EA and DICE throw at us if they ever do". There's no such thing as abandon ware, that's not a real legal terminology.
« Last Edit: 01-12-2015, 11:12:28 by Korsakov829 »

Offline Sgt-ToTheHoly [NL]

• send u to the holy land lawnnowerman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 09-02-2016, 13:02:55 »
why not try EA and DICE dont gif a F**k about this game anymore  thats why they closed evrything

Offline Yronno

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 16-02-2016, 18:02:15 »
I actually had a question regarding battlelog.co and was hoping someone could give me an answer.

Like most of y'all, I bought Battlefield 2 way back when. I have a physical copy with a CD key. Fast-forward to a couple weeks back when I'm reinstalling BF2 using battlelog.co so I can get back into Forgotten Hope 2 in time for release. I wasn't able to join a server online until I entered my CD key, so is battlelog.co really "free"? Is there a workaround that I'm not seeing? I was able to enter my CD key and get online fine, but I have friends whose copies of BF2 are lost or in another home.

tl;dr Do you need to locate your copy of BF2 and enter its CD key to get online after downloading BF2 from battlelog.co?

Thanks for any help you can give! All I want is to get a friend or two into this, but they can't be bothered to ask around and relocate their copy.

Offline Sgt-ToTheHoly [NL]

• send u to the holy land lawnnowerman
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 16-02-2016, 19:02:51 »
I actually had a question regarding battlelog.co and was hoping someone could give me an answer.

Like most of y'all, I bought Battlefield 2 way back when. I have a physical copy with a CD key. Fast-forward to a couple weeks back when I'm reinstalling BF2 using battlelog.co so I can get back into Forgotten Hope 2 in time for release. I wasn't able to join a server online until I entered my CD key, so is battlelog.co really "free"? Is there a workaround that I'm not seeing? I was able to enter my CD key and get online fine, but I have friends whose copies of BF2 are lost or in another home.

tl;dr Do you need to locate your copy of BF2 and enter its CD key to get online after downloading BF2 from battlelog.co?

Thanks for any help you can give! All I want is to get a friend or two into this, but they can't be bothered to ask around and relocate their copy.
if you download bf2 from battlelog and download the key changer from battlelog instal bf2 when you need to enter the code typ in what the key changer show enter that code its a valid code download fh2 launcher instal and evrything wil works fine.i did the same on my brothers pc and it work.hope this helps

Offline Yronno

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 16-02-2016, 22:02:44 »
That helped immensely, Sgt-ToTheHoly. Thanks! Hope this brings a few more into the Forgotten Hope flock. ;D