Author Topic: Anctoville  (Read 2660 times)

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
Anctoville
« on: 15-01-2010, 05:01:28 »
Played a few rounds as a Brit.

Taking the first flag (Rue) is hard work for the Brits, with Germans attacking from everywhere. It's even harder to hold it due to the lack of a spawn point.

One round after capping Rue, I managed to quickly Rambo my way up to Secteur Nord. I capped it looking forward to the extra spawn point, but still nothing... ???

That's as far as I could get with only the original spawnpoint and no SL spawn... :(

No bugs that I saw...unless the lack of Brit spawnpoints is a bug.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: Anctoville
« Reply #1 on: 15-01-2010, 17:01:55 »
No, its a single map experiment - The devs want to see how Fh1 style, squad-leaderlessness would compare

Personally, I don't think SP should suffer this though, since bots actually require help to play in teams

But this is just me

I've tested this map least of all, inspite of it being the one in 2.25 I was most looking foward to - Its just too laggy on my machine... will try and tweak stuff and get some feedback later though

thank you, thank you for putting it in, WinterHilf.... you have no idea how grateful I am to see at least one, and the most unique, 2.25 map in :-)

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #2 on: 15-01-2010, 17:01:41 »
The flag spawns are not working because they are on dummy flags.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15-01-2010, 18:01:59 »
what are you talking about? Brits get spawnpoints at all the flags.

Offline Schultz

• I seh nix, I hör nix, I weis nix
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15-01-2010, 19:01:29 »
in my opinion, playing as brit is a real pain. if you play as brit, it is very hard to win, but on the germa side its too easy to defend.
InGame: Evil_Tr00per

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15-01-2010, 20:01:39 »
The one time I've played it now, brits won...so I'm pretty happy with it.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15-01-2010, 22:01:42 »
Agreed. I tried it too earlier today and it seemed very doable as Brits.. I just don't know whether they can do it by themselves without human intervention, perhaps tanks might also add another dimention

Offline Schultz

• I seh nix, I hör nix, I weis nix
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15-01-2010, 23:01:10 »
Agreed. I tried it too earlier today and it seemed very doable as Brits.. I just don't know whether they can do it by themselves without human intervention, perhaps tanks might also add another dimention

my experience was, without a human they were not able to cab a single flag. i was on the german side, and we slaughtered them as soon as they entered the city. as i was on the british team it is possible to win, but hard, a least for me. ;)
InGame: Evil_Tr00per

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 16-01-2010, 07:01:45 »
The flag spawns are not working because they are on dummy flags.
Wouldn't that mean there should be no spawnpoints at all?

I've switched teams and there's a number of spawn points in that area for the Germans.

what are you talking about? Brits get spawnpoints at all the flags.
Hmm...I've taken that first flag at Rue a number of times, but I don't get an extra spawn point. Same thing when I capped Secteur Nord, no spawn point... ???

Problem is, by the time you respawn and run back to the town, the Germans have taken the flag back.

Offline winterhilf

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 16-01-2010, 10:01:48 »
Yeah, axis dummies are working in sp but not allied.
I've reassigned those spawns to "normal" cps instead.

http://www.humyo.com/21041/anctoville_1944_sp_coop_v3.zip
« Last Edit: 16-01-2010, 10:01:47 by winterhilf »

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 16-01-2010, 18:01:40 »
Ahh...much better... :)

Bots are spawning on the SL now.

Although, while the bots are quick to jump into the vehicles, they don't move. The tanks swivel their turrets seeking/tracking a target, but won't fire and just sit there.

Bots sitting in the gunner's seat will happily fire if there's someone to shoot at.

Offline winterhilf

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 16-01-2010, 20:01:07 »
Although, while the bots are quick to jump into the vehicles, they don't move. The tanks swivel their turrets seeking/tracking a target, but won't fire and just sit there.
Can delete the vehicle portion of the mesh in the aipathfinding folder & the bots will ignore the vehicles & concentrate on killing each other instead.
Done it with the above d/load.
« Last Edit: 16-01-2010, 20:01:53 by winterhilf »

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 17-01-2010, 14:01:41 »
Two things...the commander's telling all squads to attack/defend the same flag. After taking Rue at least one or two squads should head for Sec. Nord, it'd stop Germans sneaking around behind them and it'd also thin out the crowd on the main street.

And now they've got their spawnpoints, I found myself wondering why the Brits were still having so much trouble reaching the Church after Rue and Secteur Nord were captured, esp. considering the weight of numbers.

Switching teams revealed the problem...the Germans still have all their spawnpoints around that main street (they don't disappear after they lose Rue).

Offline winterhilf

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 18-01-2010, 06:01:42 »
Reassigned axis start & rue fontain dummy spawns to the rue fontain cp, brit bots have a better chance at progressing now.
Strategic areas are weighted & neighboured as before though, once the fountain is taken their goal is the church, it's the most important cp on the map.
http://www.humyo.com/21041/anctoville_tweaked_sp_gpos.zip

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 18-01-2010, 10:01:55 »
Only played one round so far, but it plays sooo much better now. The bots spread out beautifully at times... :)

It was eerily quiet at the start - not a single shot until after the Brits had neutralized Rue. After we took it I headed for Secteur Nord. A few seconds after I capped it, the bots took the Church by themselves!!!

Held Rue, Secteur Nord, and Les Ecuries for most of the round, with the Church constantly changing hands. Took the Farms at one point and neutralized City Hall, the Germans didn't like it and pushed back hard - all the way back to Rue no less (still had Les Ecuries)...

Germans won by about 30 tickets.

This map truly shines when trying to head south from Les Ecuries. As it is, the bots are firing from just outside your vision, and in those open fields there's just nowhere to hide...

E.g. I hear a shot and instantly hit the deck, didn't see where it came from, but the sound came from over there somewhere. Rise to a crouch to try and eyeball the bastard, and get hit straight away. If I'm lucky, I see the flash and I'm only bleeding to death, so I get one chance to kill him...provided I can pick his ever-so-slightly-darker-than-the-background silhouette out... ;D