Author Topic: BF2 radio chatter in FH  (Read 1270 times)

-Svea-Livgarde-

BF2 radio chatter in FH
« on: 01-01-2011, 20:01:11 »
Hello!

I just reinstalled BF2 and FH, but now those radio message sounds from BF2, like "requesting artillery support", are in there in Forgotten Hope. Those weren't there before. How do I remove them?

Thanks

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: BF2 radio chatter in FH
« Reply #1 on: 01-01-2011, 22:01:51 »
Elaborate on what you are doing to get those messages/sounds.
Because "requesting Artillery Support" is an sound in FH2 when the spotter spots a target.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Atkins

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02-01-2011, 10:01:35 »
I think he is referring to the imaginary walkie-talkies that every one seems to be carrying that relay those "Enemy spotted" and "Jawohl" and what not messages. With 64 players that radio babble seems to be almost constant and I for one would not mind if there would be a way to turn it off.

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #3 on: 02-01-2011, 17:01:30 »
   I agree...We need an anti-sound pack!  Playing in a tourney for 11 hours it drives me nuts listening to that enemy spotted shit.
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

-Svea-Livgarde-

« Reply #4 on: 02-01-2011, 19:01:06 »
Strange... Before I reinstalled BF2 I had none of voice/radio sounds, I only had the wonderful sounds of silence, guns and war. I thought this was a mod feature for FH2. But now they're back. Before I installed FH2 for the first time I tweaked BF2 sounds according to this guide. http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/battlefield2/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-47922053&pid=920407   This will lower your radio chatter sound volume a bit.

So maybe if you reinstall BF2, tweak sounds, install FH2, there are no radio chatter... I dont wanna now.

Offline SGT_J_MCGARVEY

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23-02-2011, 03:02:31 »
Hey I was a welsh tanker in WaW 22 and I'll probably see you guys next time or in "vanilla" fh if you play wolf or whatnot.

Anyway, I never knew that FH2 had those messages until I heard it over TS from a buddy. Apparently FH2 binds the "english VO only" toggle to all msgs because they knew how BS it was. So one of the settings turns them off completely (I think).

It's quite annoying, and EA won't allow any sound mods... I am grateful to the active commander, but the radio msg does make me want to die. I'm still hoping for a fix that would work in BF2 vanilla.