Author Topic: [Bug] Failed to move  (Read 876 times)

Offline FryaDuck

• View Profile
[Bug] Failed to move
« on: 15-09-2009, 16:09:18 »
On start and quit the game states the following;

"Failed to move 'mods/bf2/shaders_client.zip' to 'mods/bf2/shaders_client.zip_vanilla': The system cannot find the file specified"

If I then try to restart the game it locks up (my system).

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
Re: [Bug] Failed to move
« Reply #1 on: 15-09-2009, 16:09:41 »
Have you tried the fix which you can find on our help forum?
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15-09-2009, 21:09:39 »
N24, stop doing that.  I know it gets repetitive to keep saying the same solutions to the same problems, but you don't need be mean and possibly scare away the newbies we have gotten with the new release.

That said, please try to run a quick search before making a brand new topic about something.  As a courtesy, I will quote a fix for you, but please search next time.

...Actually, I can't find it.  My searching skills might need work.  Or maybe no one else can find it either and thus we've found the cause of all these topics popping up with no answers because N24 keeps telling people to search for something they can't find.

As to your actual problem, it happened originally because you didn't shut down FH2 properly.  When you start the FH2.exe, it moves the original BF2 shaders and renames them "mods/bf2/shaders_client.zip_vanilla".  It then moves the FH2-specific shaders in their place.  It moves everything back if you shut the game down normally.  If you don't shut it down normally (for example, if you use Alt+F4, if your power goes out, sometimes if your game crashes) the files never get moved back.  To fix it, you have to manually move and rename the shader files, but I'm not entirely sure how you do this.  Hopefully, someone who actually knows what they're talking about will show up and tell you.

Offline FryaDuck

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17-09-2009, 02:09:46 »
Firstly, thanks for the replies. I suspected that a crash caused the problem so a full reinstall (of bf2) will probably fix it.

Secondly, I'm only a newbie to this new forum....I've been around since this mod first started for BF1942. Lobo can attest to that.

[130.Pz]S.Tiemann

« Reply #4 on: 17-09-2009, 02:09:25 »
No need for a complete bf2 install just reinstall the mod.(this used to happen alot to me, eventually i just backed up my fh2 folder so all i had to do was drag and drop to fix it.) ;D

Offline FryaDuck

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17-09-2009, 03:09:52 »
No need for a complete bf2 install just reinstall the mod.(this used to happen alot to me, eventually i just backed up my fh2 folder so all i had to do was drag and drop to fix it.) ;D

Perhaps, but a full reinstall of the game fixed the problem.

I did try the reinstall of the mod but it didn't fix the problem.

[130.Pz]S.Tiemann

« Reply #6 on: 17-09-2009, 03:09:03 »
Oh sorry i meant the ea games>Bf2>mods>Bf2 folder as well :P

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17-09-2009, 07:09:19 »
...Actually, I can't find it.  My searching skills might need work.  Or maybe no one else can find it either and thus we've found the cause of all these topics popping up with no answers because N24 keeps telling people to search for something they can't find.

A quick help here since I seem to be the mean guy these days:
Always back up to the Home level and then start the search function. This forum is set to search in the sub-forum/thread where you are browsing and so only a search in the main forum will lead to a wider result.

Anyway the time I posted my reply above, there were 3 threads with the same problem all underneath each other. Thx for your help Ion, but I just got tired at that moment.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off