Author Topic: XP lag problem  (Read 506 times)

Offline Johndill

• View Profile
XP lag problem
« on: 18-08-2010, 04:08:35 »
Can someone help me, I have  lag when I play FH2, I have a DELL Inspiron 1520 Intel Core 2 Duo CPU 2.00GHz 997 MHz, 2GB of RAM, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, help PLEASE!!!

Offline NL|Abaddon|NL

• View Profile
Re: XP lag problem
« Reply #1 on: 18-08-2010, 09:08:08 »
Which video settings are you using? BF2/fh2 with 64 players can be a real system hog.    

Turn Antialiasing (AA) off, set lighting to medium, disable dynamic light, turn off dynamic shadows and/or set texture filtering to medium. The game won't look as good as it did before, but you framerate will increase for sure. Making the game alot more fun to play.

Do some experimenting to find that sweet spot balance between visual quality and FPS  

If lowering your video settings isn't enough, try lowering your sound settings. I was told by a couple of betatesters that their framerate increased after turning down the ingame sound setting from 'hardware' to 'software' without any noticeable side effects .   

More info about tweaking bf2's video settings can be read here:

http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2_5.html
« Last Edit: 18-08-2010, 09:08:37 by NL|Abaddon|NL »

Offline NL|Abaddon|NL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18-08-2010, 09:08:13 »
Which video settings are you using? BF2/fh2 with 64 players can be a real system hog.    

Turn Antialiasing (AA) off, set lighting to medium, disable dynamic light, turn off dynamic shadows and/or set texture filtering to medium. The game won't look as good as it did before, but you framerate will increase for sure. Making the game alot more fun to play.

Do some experimenting to find that sweet spot between good visual quality and FPS  

If lowering your video settings isn't enough, try lowering your sound settings. I was told by a couple of fellow betatesters that their framerate increased after turning down the ingame sound setting from 'hardware' to 'software' without any noticeable side effects .   

More info about tweaking bf2's video settings can be read here:

http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2_5.html

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18-08-2010, 09:08:25 »
You are in luck that the GeForce 8600M GT has no shared memory, but 2GB is a bit on the low side for BF2 that has been programmed to hog as much RAM space for itself as possible. Try investing 50-80€ in 2GB more RAM and your gaming pleasure will increase tenfold.

What is AA and make all lighting medium or low, is that in video options?

Yes you can find both options in the video section of the options menu. Although iirc lighting is called shadows. (or was it textures, I'm at work so I can't check it atm... sorry)

Edit: Abaddon, why are you quoting yourself? ^^
« Last Edit: 18-08-2010, 09:08:18 by N24Reporter »
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off