Author Topic: FH and BF3.  (Read 5594 times)

Offline chido312

• View Profile
FH and BF3.
« on: 05-04-2011, 00:04:40 »
Im wondering maybe years after BF3 game comes out would you guys rework this great and godly mod for the frostbite 2 engine of BF3?
"Gods In His Heavens, Alls Right With The World"

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me."

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: FH and BF3.
« Reply #1 on: 05-04-2011, 00:04:06 »
No,, because there are no mod tools for frostbite 2.

Offline chido312

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05-04-2011, 00:04:10 »
aww. it woulda been great to see this mod make the transition v.v hopefully in the future they make a mod tool for the frostbite 2 engine.

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me."

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05-04-2011, 00:04:56 »
I hope this won't happen. Took em two years to release the first version of FH2 after BF2 was released. During those two years no progress was made on FH1 either. Took another 2 years until the major gameplay flaws were solved and a reasonable amount of vehicles and statics were available. Right now Devs are working on Bulge and eastern Front. I'd like to see that finished.

If the Devs would move to BF3 now, there would be no progress on FH2. You'd get first results on the BF3 engine by 2013. Maybe it would take until 2015 until the mod would be considerably good to attract a reasonable amount of players. Wanna wait that long?

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline chido312

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05-04-2011, 01:04:23 »
good point but what i meant is years after BF3 is released. i will wait because this is a great mod. and i would love for FH2 to be finished up aswell they do great work and i hope they continue this mod series into the future.

Offline Vernah

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05-04-2011, 01:04:51 »
To be honest the devs should be looking at using red orchestra 2 as a platform and then using the UDK to make a mod out of it. I'm sure there will be a way to give it FH style gameplay such as 1 man tanks, flying, etc. If they wanted they could just port all their models, textures, etc and just work on what RO2 already has. The game itself is built on WW2 and would be much easier to make a mod out of than battlefield 3 ever would.

Not to mention an RO2 mod would have a larger player base, far more support, and could probably recruit more developers to work on it. Plus they could probably get models, artwork, coders, etc from other mods that are being made on there.

Offline Sgt.KAR98

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05-04-2011, 02:04:58 »
For what I heard,EA is going to have another sob strike and will moderate what mods can be in BF3 and even what servers can host BF3.

Offline 9.Pz Benz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05-04-2011, 13:04:21 »
To be honest the devs should be looking at using red orchestra 2 as a platform and then using the UDK to make a mod out of it. I'm sure there will be a way to give it FH style gameplay such as 1 man tanks, flying, etc. If they wanted they could just port all their models, textures, etc and just work on what RO2 already has. The game itself is built on WW2 and would be much easier to make a mod out of than battlefield 3 ever would.

Not to mention an RO2 mod would have a larger player base, far more support, and could probably recruit more developers to work on it. Plus they could probably get models, artwork, coders, etc from other mods that are being made on there.

Here, a man with brains. I hope they start modding RO2. With no clans left and a small player base it would a wise thing to do. They got the skill but the wrong game to mod with.

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07-04-2011, 13:04:50 »
now, if people will LISTEN.

it dosnt matter if there was ever to be mod tools, the way this engine is set-up, means all the devs would have to be in the Same Room because of the way the mod is compiled and developed and bla bla bla, enough talk about this.  :)

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07-04-2011, 14:04:30 »
If there's ever going to be "mod" tools for BF3, at most I expect that you can
1) change skins (but not underlying models)
2) tune the weapon damage, blast radii, armour values, amount of HP and such
3) make new maps using only existing statics, weapons and vehicles (and even this is unlikely)

Anything else basically requires that you would run the stuff through the third-party animation engine compiler, physics engine compiler, particle engine compiler, and whatnot, and DICE is not going to be able to licence those en masse to end-users. If they had done everything in-house in the style of CryTek, maybe then you could get a "BF3 SDK", but alas, they didn't.

tl;dr: even if mod tools were released, expect that minimods in the style of the earliest releases of PR might be possible, but PR as is sure isn't. As for total conversions like FH2 or Pirates, no way.

Offline Comrade Roe

• Achtung panzer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07-04-2011, 23:04:18 »

I would agree, but my only problems with that are
A: It takes even more time to model the vehicles due to how detailed they have all the vehicles made at and then
B: I prefer to keep my pilotable aircraft, or at least have some bombers and... Just bombers and recon and fighters, yeah. All.

Offline Fenring

• Developer
  • Retired FH2 developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08-04-2011, 10:04:25 »
BF3 will most likely not have any development/mod tools released, so theres not lots of possibilities for a Forgotten Hope mod for bf3.
« Last Edit: 08-04-2011, 11:04:21 by Fenring »

Offline Officer_Dufus

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09-04-2011, 01:04:24 »
I wonder what the system requirements of Battlefield 3 are :/

I guess GAMES are getting just as bad as AUTOMOBILES in terms of what you can now do to modify them without it working or tripping a CHECK ENGINE LIGHT.

More advanced computerized systems....both games and today's newest vehicles....bah, the time of the modifications is ending.
« Last Edit: 09-04-2011, 01:04:20 by Officer_Dufus »

Offline Vernah

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09-04-2011, 01:04:41 »
There are also far more developers they can recruit for UDK, than any battlefield mod they could try and recruit from. Also if they're interested in ever working for a gaming company, they're going to have to learn to use modern graphics engines. None the less, I'm pretty sure some of the devs are already helping with rising tide I heard.

Offline RAnDOOm

• Portugal - Surfs Paradise in Europe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09-04-2011, 16:04:39 »
There are also far more developers they can recruit for UDK, than any battlefield mod they could try and recruit from. Also if they're interested in ever working for a gaming company, they're going to have to learn to use modern graphics engines. None the less, I'm pretty sure some of the devs are already helping with rising tide I heard.

Rising Storm.  ;)