Author Topic: Русскоязычный раздел (рус) / Russian language section (eng)  (Read 1798 times)

Offline Markuss_X1

• View Profile
Уважаемые модераторы сделайте пожалуйста русскоязычный раздел (рус)
Dear moderators please do Russian language section (eng)

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
What do you mean?
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Musti

• View Profile
A forum section for Russian speaking people. Problem is, there isn't much sense in making a whole section just for few ppl.
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline Paasky

• DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
    • View Profile
Sorry, in the world outside Russia the lingua franca is English. We should first make a German or Dutch or Finnish area, as there are vastly more people speaking those languages in this forum.
It's half naked people on boats. That's all.
Here in Finland we call that "summer".

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
Which would effectively split the community. Everybody would be discussing in their own forum.
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline Markuss_X1

• View Profile
Sorry, in the world outside Russia the lingua franca is English. We should first make a German or Dutch or Finnish area, as there are vastly more people speaking those languages in this forum.

And you first look at the planet as well as Russian-speaking Germans and others
And we are not a few people.
I am one of the administrators of the most popular resource on the Russian space Battlefild 2 and mods
In a short time (a week or two, the maximum per month) we are going to start the server.
I can provide all the links, but this forbidden rules.
If the administrators will be asked to give a reference. Your fashion is very popular with us.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
Not going to happen simply because russians within these forums are a minority. Forum language here is english and it wont change. Besides, we dont have any moderators who are fluent with russian so that rules it out too.

Case closed, have a nice day. :)

Offline Flyboy1942

• AKA: Ghanrage
    • View Profile
One of the biggest problems with doing different sections for different languages is that it will split the community, as was said already. It's not about how big a percentage Russian speakers are, it's about the main forum of the FH community using the most widely spoken language it can, to help hold the players together.

The FH community welcomes anyone who wants to be a part, but it will not start splitting itself along language lines.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
The russian community is big indeed, especially when it comes to older games. What bugs me most is the language barrier. To be honest, I don't even know how to read those russian characters. So I cannot really expect them to read ours.

That is two communities almost playing at the same time, yet with almost no contact. The result is always the same: split communities that tend to develop their own preferences and views. That would be kinda sad once more.

However I really don't know how to merge these two groups in one neither. But it is an upcoming problem growing for years now.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Paasky

• DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
    • View Profile
The only references to the Cyrillic alphabet I have are that MOCKBA = MOSKVA & The St. Petersburg-Helsinki train that has a PECTOPAH (RESTORAN) carriage :P + the mirrored N = I & mirrored Ñ = IY (the name Arya = APЙА)

Not only does the different alphabet make the language barrier bigger, but due to somewhat historical reasons I don't think English is taught at schools the same way it is in other European states. Because in places like SE-Asia or Arabia people who've gone through schools do know English.
« Last Edit: 06-06-2012, 08:06:00 by Paasky »
It's half naked people on boats. That's all.
Here in Finland we call that "summer".

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Dukat and Paasky, thanks to you I know now that I live in the country where people can't apprehend foreign alphabet and foreign language and we play games not newer than Doom I. @Paasky: what you did with Arya name is a capital crime against God GoT and Russian language.
*Out for daily routine - pint of vodka, session with balalaika, walking my pet bear and writing Volkswagen as Фольксваген and Nokia as Нокиа*

Don't take seriously rant above, I'm just kidding...

Anyway, only 4% of FH players speak Russian*, so I don't think that Russian speakers deserve own section more than Germans, Finns or French.
* Source - 762 statistics: ~2% of Russians, ~1% of Ukrainians, and I expect ~1% from other former republics of USSR and Russians abroad.

Offline Markuss_X1

• View Profile
Anyway, only 4% of FH players speak Russian*, so I don't think that Russian speakers deserve own section more than Germans, Finns or French.
* Source - 762 statistics: ~2% of Russians, ~1% of Ukrainians, and I expect ~1% from other former republics of USSR and Russians abroad.

Now I understand why you think that Russian-speaking population is not enough!
 The fact that the features of the Internet web russkogoy such that we are at and go online with the Russian-speaking area, but almost all ngas shows that we go to other countries.

Offline Godall

• View Profile
    • FH server Rus
I think we will gather tomorrow for the tournament knife fight :-*
http://forum.vbios.com/showtopic.php?tid/63733/

Come!

Приказ № 227 Ни шагу назад! (С)

Offline Godall

• View Profile
    • FH server Rus

Приказ № 227 Ни шагу назад! (С)

Offline Raf

• View Profile
VBIOS is laggy and there no balance:
one team always play for Defense side, other team with "Ticket bleed" - there no chance to win.  :-\