45 (20%)
Expect - Italian Front
21 (9.3%)
Expect - Pacific Theatre
12 (5.3%)
Expect - SE Asian Front
1 (0.4%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Author Topic: Next Theatre  (Read 12282 times)

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
Re: Next Theatre
« Reply #30 on: 06-04-2009, 15:04:28 »
I think most people just selected what they want to see next. Anyways just as you I also expect Italian theatre, like I said in another thread. Late Westfront also looks very logical. Maybe Ostfront/Pacific for public demand.

Deep inside I hope for Early Westfront. The Blitzkrieg. I liked those maps the most in FH0.7 and I can't think of any FPS that features the real early theatre of war without focussing on Ostfront or Pacific.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Niam

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 06-04-2009, 15:04:39 »
I expect Italy, 'cause most of the existing vehicels, models, textures and statics could be reused for this theater. But I hope for early Western front with some hot French-German action :D

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 06-04-2009, 15:04:26 »
About the Italian theatre: I don't think the devs will concentrate on this like they concentrate on Normandy right now. However: There are mediterrean statics and there will be late war western allied and german vehicles. So a dev could easily say "Dude that monte Cassino battle sure is interesting" and make the map. With the release of Normandy the Italian Front is practically in the mod.

Offline Kurb King

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 06-04-2009, 18:04:50 »
I hope for early eastern front, any Pacific maps would be good too.

Expect the expansion of Normandy into either late or early western font as there will be a lot of content relevant to those battles.

Whatever it is I will be looking forward to it!

konti

« Reply #34 on: 06-04-2009, 18:04:58 »
Italy!

Offline Alakazou

• FHer from the beginning
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 06-04-2009, 19:04:29 »
I just hope the russians will be after pacific. Too many game are about the great patriotic war and the gameplay will have similarity with africa (tank warfare). I prefer late western front, but I don't see it like a new front because, it's like normandy for the gameplay (not for the sets). The pacific front come with new gameplay and some jungle static are allready  ingame (with the BF2 chinese theater). I know the dev have to make more statics, but It will be nice to see pacific.

Offline Emperor Showa

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 06-04-2009, 21:04:13 »
To me at least, the Western Front and a lot of the European theatre is like the McDonald's of WW2. Its the mass produced form of the war in whatever genres its presented, and is generally pretty much presented the same in all formats and in a way I feel is bland and which I fear may happen with FH2 in Europe as well. The Pacific in my opinion has a certain unique quality.

Plus, there's the possibility of kamikaze planes and suicide combat. And its not just an American theatre. The Pacific war involved as much of the world as Europe (even if the US and Empire of Japan were the two biggest players), from Australians to Brits to Indians to Frenchman to the Chinese to even the Soviets.

« Last Edit: 06-04-2009, 21:04:07 by Emperor Showa »

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 06-04-2009, 22:04:44 »
Same feeling would give the early western front then.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 06-04-2009, 22:04:27 »
Hoping for Early (or late, but can only choose one) Eastern Front. It's my favourite front of WWII because of it's extremeness. TWo ideologies who really hated each other clashed in arms. Wow. I disagree on the gameplaytype being somewhat the same as in Africa: in 0.7 Orel was a nice map which combined tank warfare with CQC in the town. I loved Stalingrad '42, where the Russians had to get over the river first. Add some strafing Stukas and the feast is complete!

I also hope for Eastern Front for the variety, like Donutz said.

My other (small) hope is for Blitzkrieg in 1940 and hopefully a map in the Netherlands, as I have never seen any videogame doung one, except for Arnehm, which is not early Western and didn't see much combat by Dutchies.

I expect Italy, or Late Western for the same reasons as previously mentioned.

Offline The Crimson Major

• I'm an Armchair General!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 06-04-2009, 22:04:20 »
I hope for a proper Italian campaign, something missing in fh1, and I expect it too, given how easy it would be (comparably) with all the assets already in place.
sig.

Offline Niebler

• View Profile
    • 130th Panzer Lehr Division
« Reply #40 on: 07-04-2009, 01:04:24 »
I want early eastern, but I expect Late Western, Market Garden and the Ardennes etc are a huge expected after Normandy, mainly Market Garden. I could see italy, considering they have the italians and now US (once normandy), it would require new italian buildings though, so that would probably come as one of the "as it goes along, a few italian statics here and there" kind of thing, or at the end when flushing out final theaters. Unless we get some fan modelers that have great skill then maybe they'll use them :P
Sig editted (oversize)

Offline Kev4000

• Developer
  • FH2 "special" coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 07-04-2009, 14:04:23 »
I hope for eastern front. Why? Industrial city battles. Its a huge job for our static developers though. But I cannot forget those amazing battles in the city of orel.

And no, we've not decided which front will be next yet. Probably not before after the Normandy release.
« Last Edit: 07-04-2009, 14:04:23 by Kev4000 »

Taranov

« Reply #42 on: 07-04-2009, 14:04:28 »
I hope for eastern front. Why? Industrial city battles. Its a huge job for our static developers though. But I cannot forget those amazing battles in the city of orel.

Well, on the Eastern Front limited areas for industrial city battles.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 07-04-2009, 15:04:13 »
My other (small) hope is for Blitzkrieg in 1940 and hopefully a map in the Netherlands, as I have never seen any videogame doung one, except for Arnehm, which is not early Western and didn't see much combat by Dutchies.
Some BF1942 mods have the Dutch in it. Forgotten Honor Tournament mod had them in it as far as I know. And let me think.. Ah! Battlegroup 42 also features the Dutch and they are still updating their mod with vehicles. I've seen them posting a Dutch armoured car  :P You might try those out if you want to play as Dutch. Though no really online servers so I guess it'll be SP or Local.

Offline Seth_Soldier

• Developer
  • "Mort aux cons !"
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 07-04-2009, 16:04:58 »
Eastern front or early western front (39/40)

:D because my job would be easy, fast and sweet  :P