Author Topic: When was FH first released?  (Read 3163 times)

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
Re: When was FH first released?
« Reply #15 on: 05-08-2010, 17:08:32 »
played it the first week after it was released.  Registered here...two years ago I think?

Also, I liked merciless mod, though I barely remember it now.

Offline Ekalbs

• Bored
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 05-08-2010, 17:08:13 »
FH1 is/was the funnest game I have ever played

« Last Edit: 05-08-2010, 17:08:08 by Flippy Warbear »
Warhammer 40,000: Unverse At War Dev Team
Battlefield 1918 Coder

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 05-08-2010, 23:08:16 »
Aaah, has it been so long since i played this mod? I was one of the first to play this darn game, i don't remember when exactly but it was after i read on planetbattlefield that this mod was released. My memory is fuzzy on the subject but i think it was before we got the special gunviews in tanks. I am probably mixing up with an other mod  i tried at the same time but i remember like a Drivable V1 rocket launcher that you could use. Was that early FH?

Offline Strat_84

• FH-Betatester
  • Lemming Chieftain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05-08-2010, 23:08:50 »
I am probably mixing up with an other mod  i tried at the same time but i remember like a Drivable V1 rocket launcher that you could use. Was that early FH?

You mean the Japanese suicide plane ?

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 05-08-2010, 23:08:15 »
No, a tank with a V1 on it. I am not joking, it was in one of the mods i downloaded a few months after i bought the game.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 05-08-2010, 23:08:49 »
There was a Katyusha with a V1 on a (fan?)map called Giza. It was quite funky.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 05-08-2010, 23:08:03 »

That must be it, it was indeed a desert map. It was one of the first maps i played so it must have been in the release version.

Ooh that first version that i played sure was a lot different then 0.7

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 05-08-2010, 23:08:29 »
As I recall, I downloaded FH1 at the end of August, 2004...its been awhile :P

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 06-08-2010, 02:08:07 »
September 2008 .Suddenly while i was searching the Interwebz for BF2 mods (being crazy with modding San Andreas at that time and just had to mod every single game) i found this site....I Downloaded FH 0.7 and fell in love with it...Then I see on front page : Forgotten Hope 2 , Greece,Forgotten Honor, Mare Nostrum...That was enough for me (for obvious reasons) to get FH2 and join a tourney about 1 month later.

Hey just change the subject to how did you get in Forgotten Hope and im indeed OT

Offline Hockeywarrior

• One of the superior 5-digit numbers
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 06-08-2010, 07:08:17 »
Is FH1 fun? Oh hell yes -- it's the shit. It's definitely the most immense and complete WWII game out there PERIOD.

FH1 honestly made all my other WWII games at the time obsolete, and it always pissed me off that my PC was so slow I could barely play it. Often I would get less than 10 FPS, but I STILL would keep joining servers and trying to play. It was that good. I started playing FH1 back right before the 0.6 release I believe.

Ill admit, though, it is harder to go back now that FH2 exists. FH2 (regarding the same content it shares with FH1, of course) is far superior, in my opinion, than FH1 in every area except for air (and eventually sea) combat. That is only because of engine limitations in BF2, of course. The infantry combat in FH2 is much better than it ever was in FH1, which is the main reason I find it hard to go back.

Still, though, TOTALLY worth playing, if not for any other reason than to see where FH got its start. I'm not sure how often servers are full still, but I'm sure there are still some dedicated people that get on regularly. The sheer quantity (and quality) of historically accurate material in that mod is insane and will probably never be matched by FH2!
« Last Edit: 06-08-2010, 07:08:20 by Hockeywarrior »

Check out my Red Orchestra, FH2, and shooting videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQK9lbdAEi9mAM5iGfHoeyA

Offline Cadyshack

• Nanananananananana
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 06-08-2010, 11:08:49 »
WaW actually used it once in a special event battle were we played Battle of Britain and an Operation Sealion map. It was funky with it's odd engine sound.

Both used buying equipment, Bob had a bunch of objective factories per side, and Sealion had the Axis with a Katusha V1 and destroyer limited to the middle of the channel assaulting Britain.

Fun to see the equipment system there. The Allies bought a PZL .11 on BoB, and a bunch of Martlets for Sealion. Even an Allied flamethrower got an air kill.

Offline Nissi

• Developer
  • Aye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 06-08-2010, 11:08:36 »
To adress the question: Is it still worth to play? YEEES!

FH1 has still everyday ONE last full server... www.pixel-fighter.com

Liveviewer: http://www.pixel-fighter.com/modules.php?name=Brainpecker&serverquery=7

Full working ranking: www.forgottenhope1.com ... with medals, player stats and the like  ;D

I startet to play FH with maybe 0.5, stopped than for a few years and startet again 2 years ago. It is definitely worth to play it. I appreciate what the devs did and what they do now for the game.

Many FH1 players (still around 200 regulars) are getting information about the progress of FH2... and are waiting for the blody eastfront or the next normandie patch to switch over. But FH1 is so damn god that it is still very hard to leave it for FH2. The last updates show that the "new" FH2 dev team is definitely brilliant and that is just a question of time when the old guys will switch definitely.

cheers,
Nissi

And OT: The server mentioned above runs as well mappacks produced by them, almost all fan mappack stuff made public... and even better on a second server FHSW. FHSW is unfortunately not popular - too big and not integrated. Bad it's a mod on a mod and not published as FH 0.8

Offline Mayhemic.MAD

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 06-08-2010, 18:08:53 »
I was playing in WaW before FH came out. I remember playing Midway Battle with Merciless Graphic Mod installed. It looked soo much nicer than vanilla BF42. It must have been a battle of J15 vs C14 in late 2003.
We had a lot of FH 0.5 tests when it came out and started using it in the next WaW campain.
The Adak Island Jeep Race from 2nd January 2004 was simply awesome (hint: I won the first round)  ;D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVcBZxIYlyw&feature=related

I never stopped playing FH (or now FH2) for more than a month since, greatest game ever !
Der Motor des Panzers ist ebenso seine Waffe wie die Kanone.
Heinz Guderian

--- Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!! ---

Offline Paavopesusieni

• Spongebob
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 06-08-2010, 18:08:06 »
I don't even remember what was the first version I played. I downloaded it because it had so many planes and plane physics were so awesome, much faster more machine guns on wings and stuff like that. Might have been 2004 summer, IRC BFV had been already released. My fourth mod for BF42, first was DC, second pirates, third that star wars mod and then finally FH1 :).

Offline el Garstico

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 06-08-2010, 20:08:47 »
fh1 is much more fun to play than fh2. too bad i dont get it working on win7.... >:(
Signature is too large.