Author Topic: Mosque to go up near New York's ground zero  (Read 18008 times)

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
Re: Mosque to go up near New York's ground zero
« Reply #75 on: 12-08-2010, 14:08:21 »
Ehm Small, you know that that's the slippery slope to totalitarianism....
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 12-08-2010, 14:08:14 »
Ehm Small, you know that that's the slippery slope to totalitarianism....

Hmm not reading that in his post. It's true that the vocal minority often get what they want.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 12-08-2010, 15:08:11 »
doesn't have anything to do with the New York community centre/mosque, though.

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #78 on: 12-08-2010, 15:08:22 »

I think either you or me have failed to put or see the sarcasm there. The statement is too retarded to be overlooked at, isn't it?

Sorry about that then.  My bad.
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #79 on: 12-08-2010, 16:08:27 »

Of course it does, it's the same moral principle, you can't say shit to muslims atm no matter how nice they are as people.  It's through fear of reprisal, and I'm not talking about some bad apples flying passenger planes into your shit, I'm talking about how everyone in the newspapers or TV blows things way out of proportion and makes you look like a racist bigot because you disagreee with a minority.
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 12-08-2010, 16:08:52 »
but... they are bigots.  the only reason this mosque is being opposed is because a large group of retards think that the entire religion of Islam attacked them on september 11th, instead of a small group of al-quada dickfaces.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 12-08-2010, 16:08:46 »
No worries Lainer.

von.small: It happens for "minorities" everywhere, not only in well-established western society. Such as in Singapore, to avoid bad image, the society put minority figures on symbolic-only high ranking leadership positions.

The voice of the world is indeed inclining towards left.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 12-08-2010, 17:08:24 »
We will see what the reactions will be on the Gay'Ak'Bar.
Is it for real or just some wishful thinking of the FOX News lovers.

And I agree with Von.Small, you are called a bigot and put on a symbolical death list when you make a statement on cultural differences that are in contradiction with the normal standard of the "Natives".

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #83 on: 12-08-2010, 17:08:23 »
and you know what comes from a generation living in 'left' - consensus for the 'right' in the following one, and then back again.  Mindless humans.

omfg I just read that newspaps clipping Thorondor posted.... wtf? I am speechless...   :-[  really, don't know what words to use.  Is it wrong to acctually physically want to cut her head off in an aetheist you tube video?
What a fucking tard! Atheism is a belief, the belief in no-God.  Agnostiscm is who we should be fighting, bloody Agnostics coming over here and fucking us with their evil ways!  Burn them!
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline hankypanky

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 12-08-2010, 18:08:01 »
theres a mosque in our town, well it's a normal building but the muslims (nice dudes btw) erected a huge fibre glass dome with star and moon atop, they didn't realise they needed planning permission, and were issued orders by the council to take it down immediatley - the muslims refused (they own the building it's not mortgaged btw), so along comes the pompus British council and tears it down themselves, leaving it in the street in 3 pieces (wtf?)... So the muslims come back and simply put it back up overnight.  It hasn't been taken down since, whatever was said, or whatever debate went on, the muslims were allowed to keep their dome/roof thing.

Now, ... muslims, they do get away with a lot of stuff because they live in a temperate religious climate where people are scared to act against them.  Hopefully this won't last too long, I mean those guys have to forgive us for Jerusalem at some point right...  When it does end, it of course leaves the gap for the next minority to step up and say "waaa we have rights too".

Muslims will forget Palestine when Jews forget the holocaust.

Seriously though I don't have anything against Jews, but I'm Palestinian and both sides of my family fled because of Israel. My grandfather is still alive and he grew up in Palestine, for a matter of fact he still owns a building there. How can you expect an entire generation of people to forget, when crimes are still being committed! (Gaza)   

Anyway this is totally off-topic, and I do agree with you to some extent about minorities. Still  rich/middle class white communities still wield the power. In America they get the best of everything, schools, jobs, and neighborhoods. For example most minority "Ghetto" schools get the most inexperienced teachers, and any government help is mostly spent on basics.

In the end we can debate to hell the role of "Minorities" in our countries. But in America they mostly get the boot in the ass when it comes down to economics.

So please let the Muslims have the dome on top of the mosque Von Small :D I'm sure you Brits aren't suffering too much because of it :D   

My ingame name is [PUG]mr.hanky1945

Offline Kading

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 12-08-2010, 19:08:54 »

First let me start out by saying my father was a city planner for 30 years in a city of nearly 1 million people. So some knowledge of zoning and building laws.

Von Small seems to be talking about people blatantly violating building codes rather than a municipal zoning issue. There is no legal reason an Islamic cultural center cannot be put in what is now a vacant box, at least in the United States.
Break your picks and crack your spades! Dig deep if you want to live!

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 12-08-2010, 22:08:11 »
I mean those guys have to forgive us for Jerusalem at some point right...
I think he meant this Jerusalem.

Offline hankypanky

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 13-08-2010, 05:08:16 »
Makes more sense I guess  ;)
My ingame name is [PUG]mr.hanky1945

Offline Ekalbs

• Bored
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 13-08-2010, 06:08:25 »
Makes more sense I guess  ;)

Or when they figure out how to share Jerusalem itself. I have been there and its kinna already diveded into thirds.
Warhammer 40,000: Unverse At War Dev Team
Battlefield 1918 Coder

Offline Stefan

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 24-08-2010, 01:08:33 »
Guy walks through a crowd protesting the mosque in new york.

Turns out its a black guy ( not muslim ) going to work.
"It is the function of the CIA to keep the world unstable, and to propagandize and teach the American people to hate and fear, so we will let the Establishment spend any amount of money on arms."