Author Topic: K98k sight  (Read 4081 times)

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
K98k sight
« on: 05-09-2009, 21:09:39 »
Well, same mistake as last time guys, too bad I couldn't catch it before release...hopefully can be fixed though:

Once again, the notch is FILLED by the post, with the top of the post flush with the top of the notch, making an even line.  The correct way is on the k98k sight of FH2.15.  As of right now, in real life, all your shots would be flying above your target.
« Last Edit: 19-09-2009, 20:09:15 by Admiral Donutz »

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: K98k sight
« Reply #1 on: 05-09-2009, 23:09:45 »
Well, same mistake as last time guys, too bad I couldn't catch it before release...hopefully can be fixed though:

Once again, the notch is FILLED by the post, with the top of the post flush with the top of the notch, making an even line.  The correct way is on the k98k sight of FH2.15.  As of right now, in real life, all your shots would be flying above your target.

It would not surprise me if this is the first thing you did upon starting FH2.2 ;D
If understand you correctly, this would mean you have less view of the field and see more of the post, right ?

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05-09-2009, 23:09:37 »
Go look at the K98k sight from 2.15, that was exactly how this should be as well.  The post's very tip should be flush with the notch, so that if you drew a line along the rear and front sight picture, it would be completly flat:

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11-09-2009, 05:09:09 »
<cough>

So um, will this be fixed? =/

Offline Kev4000

• Developer
  • FH2 "special" coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14-09-2009, 06:09:59 »
I'll have to widen the sight most likely, else it'll screw with its visibillity. I'll look into it after I've finished a couple rounds on the WaW server ;)

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14-09-2009, 07:09:55 »
Well, its the same problem that you had on the original K98k 2D sight, and it was fixed in time for 2.0, and used through 2.15, so that should give you a good idea of how the real thing looks.

Offline Kev4000

• Developer
  • FH2 "special" coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14-09-2009, 08:09:21 »
ya I know what has to be done. There's several ways to fix it.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 14-09-2009, 08:09:10 »
Oki, great :)

Offline Toddel

• Administrator
  • Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 14-09-2009, 10:09:42 »
any one care for this except vanmudru?

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 14-09-2009, 11:09:28 »
*Raises hand*
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 14-09-2009, 12:09:32 »

I don't know.  If moving the pin (or whatever) makes it harder to aim (it might, now that the sight is farther away than with the 2d sights), I don't know if should be done.  It's kinda like the concession on the Garand Peep hole sight.  The hole in the Garand's sight is larger than in real life, because otherwise it would be too small to see through and would be difficult to aim.  If something similar happens here, I think we might be able to live with the small discrepancy in favor of gameplay.  Making the post flush with the rear sight might make it unclear exactly where you needed to be aiming the gun, especially with the hood.  Right now, you are pretty much trying to center the enemy in the middle of the hood.  If the post is flush with the rear sight, are you still trying to put the enemy in the center of the hood, or are you trying to line them up with the post, making the hood pretty much useless?

I guess it would have to be tested, right?  Maybe even giving us a quick peek at what the "Fixed" version looks like as you aim down the sight, to compare how organic it feels to aim with either version.  I don't know...

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 14-09-2009, 17:09:53 »
I guess it would have to be tested, right?  Maybe even giving us a quick peek at what the "Fixed" version looks like as you aim down the sight, to compare how organic it feels to aim with either version.  I don't know...

Did I see the Bat... Betatester Sign in the Skies?
* N24Reporter is off to a test.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Aggroman

• FH-Betatester
  • This place needs more love -> ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 14-09-2009, 18:09:39 »

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #13 on: 14-09-2009, 18:09:51 »
*Raises hand*
Me too! *hand up*

Your doing it wrong Aggro, you have to raise your hand not your boot. Idiot.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 14-09-2009, 19:09:18 »

I don't know.  If moving the pin (or whatever) makes it harder to aim (it might, now that the sight is farther away than with the 2d sights), I don't know if should be done.  It's kinda like the concession on the Garand Peep hole sight.  The hole in the Garand's sight is larger than in real life, because otherwise it would be too small to see through and would be difficult to aim.  If something similar happens here, I think we might be able to live with the small discrepancy in favor of gameplay.  Making the post flush with the rear sight might make it unclear exactly where you needed to be aiming the gun, especially with the hood.  Right now, you are pretty much trying to center the enemy in the middle of the hood.  If the post is flush with the rear sight, are you still trying to put the enemy in the center of the hood, or are you trying to line them up with the post, making the hood pretty much useless?

Yes, it would still be the center of the hood, as its not the post that needs to be lowered, but the entire weapon is angled up, duly if fixed right, the hood will lower along with the post :P