Author Topic: Battlefield 3  (Read 236335 times)

Offline Archimonday

• Sir vis pacem, para bellum!
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #135 on: 22-01-2011, 01:01:42 »
I really enjoy the gameplay in Battlefield Bad Company 2. I play it many times during the day and a lot at night on my Playstation 3. Its got solid concepts, and a great balance, I just wish there were more players on each map. However at the same time I can understand the lowered player numbers.

Ironically enough while complaining about these player numbers I found that the 24 - 32 player count worked very well for the maps they delivered, all of them fun, and challenging, and furthermore there is a large emphasis on teamwork in Bad Company 2. I can't point to a single round where a lone soldier has ever destroyed all the MCOM stations, or captured every flag without the help of his team and his squad. In-fact there is a large number of points to be gained by performing squad and team maintenance tasks such as spotting targets with the Back or Select buttons on the controller, healing teammates, repairing vehicles, passing out ammunition, supporting your friends in a firefight with savior kills and squad points.

You receive extra points when you designate an objective on the map as your squads goal, and then successfully complete that objective.

Really the only negative comment I have about Bad Company 2 as a game is concerned, is that it is still flooded by tons of people who think that being a recon class immediately qualifies them as an expert marksman and asset to the team. Sometimes it becomes really saddening to the see the level of intelligence associated with the players of the game. It becomes discouraging to watch Recon's get spawn camped by a T90, only to watch them respawn time and time again as a recon and attempt to plant C4 on the vehicle. Honestly...change to an engineer...kill the tank, and return to your previous duties. You offer no help to the groups of Assaults Engineers and Medics who are trying to advance by not making the necessary change, or by not engaging vehicles at all.

So many people talk down to the Bad Company games, and the Frostbite engine as a whole, but so far with my heavy play in Bad Company 2, I am rather pleased by all the successful changes that were made from Bad Company 1, and the Frostbite engine, aside from being a very good looking Engine, gives Bad Company a dirty luster that is all its own. When you get into a heavy firefight with tracers flying back and forth, Mortar strikes dropping on your line, as buildings are collapsing and chunks of stone and rock are flying around from all angles, large spires of dirt are firing up from the ground in front of you, and your listening to some of the most amazing Audio you've ever heard in a game, including the rants and raves of the Avatars in-game "SOMEBODY DROP THAT MOTHERFUCKER", you become very immersed in Bad Company's world, and the game is very, very, intense.
« Last Edit: 22-01-2011, 01:01:08 by Archimonday »

Offline Wilhelm

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 22-01-2011, 01:01:04 »
They exist you know? I saw a leaked pic of the frostbite editor, and it was like the rest. Its probably most likely they dont want to release them because it will mean less sales from the "DLC".

explain "like the rest" please :-\
Mikael Kalms wrote you a long thread why they can't make a pubbie FrostEd, if that is not reason enough for you, I don't know.... I wonder if you read that thread  ::)

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc/1350772-so-how-about-modtools.html

The thread even shows up as 2nd hit on google for "bf3 mod tools"  :-*

http://www.google.se/#hl=sv&biw=1405&bih=805&q=bf3+mod+tools&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=3070ff9985c9f8e1

I just saw this post.  Thanks for the link, Natty...that sets the record straight and now I understand the situation.  It is too bad, but at least it is reasonable. :)

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 23-01-2011, 00:01:38 »
Where does this picture come from?

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 23-01-2011, 00:01:47 »
battlefield 1943

Had almost forgot about that installment.
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Wilhelm

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 23-01-2011, 00:01:55 »

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 23-01-2011, 04:01:21 »

Offline [130.Pz]I.Kluge

• Better ask twice than lose yourself once.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 23-01-2011, 04:01:34 »

Yup, it has been delayed like 5 times already.

Huh?

It has been out for a while now, as a DLC for the 360 and PS3. It is not going to be released for PC.

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 23-01-2011, 04:01:24 »
i like what you say achi, but i think they should finally progress up to more that just 64 players. if they truely have optimized frostbite. then i dont see why its not feasable..
http://i52.tinypic.com/245iq1l.jpg
My Day Begins When Your Days End

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 23-01-2011, 06:01:57 »

Yup, it has been delayed like 5 times already.

Huh?

It has been out for a while now, as a DLC for the 360 and PS3. It is not going to be released for PC.

It was supposed to be, but I have no idea what happened to it. They said they were trying to make a "proper" version for the PC. That apparently means nothing, at least from what I have seen so far.

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 04-02-2011, 03:02:41 »
Quote from: =Romagnolo= on the PR forums

David Goldfarb is Lead designer & writer in DICE. Lead designer of Battlefield 3.

Quote from: David Goldfarb
You guys ready for tomorrow? You sure? Really really sure? #BF3

Trend this shit. Tomorrow. #BF3

Quote from: Fersis
Not until you promise it wont be just a CG trailer about the BF3 logo.... >8(

we don't do CG.

his Twitter

Edit:

gameinformer, which is not just a simple game website, posted this:

please, please, please, please have a mod tools!

xD

soo... tomorrow trailer ?

« Last Edit: 04-02-2011, 03:02:51 by SiCaRiO »

Offline Archimonday

• Sir vis pacem, para bellum!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 04-02-2011, 03:02:03 »
Should be interesting.

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #146 on: 04-02-2011, 04:02:56 »
Dice sets its sights on Call of Duty?  I hope they mean market share and not shitty game play.  :-\

Ahh anyway.....I can't wait.
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline buddycole46

• View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #147 on: 04-02-2011, 06:02:15 »
poor poor DIC... :(

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 04-02-2011, 07:02:07 »
That poster would make me believe that it is going to be a BFBC3 and not a BF3 which would be the final slap in the face for all Battlefield fans.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Priestdk

« Reply #149 on: 04-02-2011, 08:02:49 »
Though i am wery interessted in this i have a feeling we get somthing like this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tghR38F7qpI

Witch dos not really show anything at all, what so ever.