Author Topic: Call To Arms  (Read 37383 times)

Biiviz

Re: Call To Arms
« Reply #60 on: 09-05-2012, 03:05:19 »
On the "Army Rage Official Trailer" there's a ton of deleted posts, posts marked as spam and posts neg-repped. Apparently they got tired of deleting them. :)

I, for one, downvoted all Army Rage videos and upvoted and clicked "Not Spam" on all comments regarding their blasphemy.
« Last Edit: 09-05-2012, 03:05:54 by Biiviz »

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 09-05-2012, 03:05:34 »
Looks like they have deleted all of the comments made to there clips. And I have been blocked to post any new ones. I think posting on youtube won't work. We need some bigger guns.

It actually works very well. Look at the http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ9yWeqXZlo video. Pages filled with that stuff. Tons of viewers. Just keep up the spam there. Most people are going to look that.
The official videos also work. Page 1 already disappeared cuz of massive Spam, page 2 shows a list of deleted and spam-marked comments, which feels strange to the viewers and there are not a lot of random people commentating on that video, so it will be up like that for some time at least.

Just keep spamming informative texts, being an eye catcher and indicate the problem with the game clearly, polite but with a rigorous tone and directly talk to the people, appeal for not supporting the game !

This way people realize there's no douche talking shit and take the problem seriously, as I tried with the text below.

To my pleasure some guys already copied it, but feel free to create something own. I just think that the way you present the message is very important, so the youtubers realize it's a problem and not stupid trashtalk as in 99 % of other youtube videos.

Fill your posts with content instead of "They stole from FH2" and the effect is going to be a lot better and advertising the problem on youtube is probably still the biggest weapon in the arsenal right after justice taking action.

I tried to convey the message and appealed them to not support it this way. Copy my text below or create something own, but take some minutes for it, so the problem is clear to everyone without any background knowledge. That way, youtube is the right platform to work with and if we constantly keep up the spam, we damage that company quite a lot and prevent players from supporting this game, just my 2 Cents:

IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ:

Army Rage stole tons of textures of weapons, tanks as well as several gun sounds and other stuff from Forgotten Hope 1 mod for Bf1942, Forgotten Hope 2 mod for Battlefield 2, things from the original Battlefield 1942 and some other sources.

This is a copyright infringement and this game will be taken down earlier or later. Please do NOT support this game and do NOT spend any money on it, it is most likely wasted. The law is alredy behind them, its a matter of time !

Offline Wilhelm

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 09-05-2012, 06:05:44 »
This is the message displayed on Army Rage's community forums:

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

;D

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 09-05-2012, 06:05:00 »

Ever played World of Tanks? Look in this video when he enter the tanks (4:10 in the video) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCAg9KrSZ6k

Look in the bottom, you see the little IS-2 model showing where your tank is aiming, well it's the same as in World of Tanks :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG9ekygGPAo

Going to post this on World of Tanks forums, THAT will get alot of attention.
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline Tuco

• FH lurker since 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 09-05-2012, 07:05:23 »
Army Rage... terribad name.
If you have to shoot, shoot, dont talk.

Offline TASSER

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 09-05-2012, 07:05:39 »
I tried to convey the message and appealed them to not support it this way. Copy my text below or create something own, but take some minutes for it, so the problem is clear to everyone without any background knowledge. That way, youtube is the right platform to work with and if we constantly keep up the spam, we damage that company quite a lot and prevent players from supporting this game, just my 2 Cents:

IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ:

Army Rage stole tons of textures of weapons, tanks as well as several gun sounds and other stuff from Forgotten Hope 1 mod for Bf1942, Forgotten Hope 2 mod for Battlefield 2, things from the original Battlefield 1942 and some other sources.

This is a copyright infringement and this game will be taken down earlier or later. Please do NOT support this game and do NOT spend any money on it, it is most likely wasted. The law is alredy behind them, its a matter of time !

This is very good. The only thing I would include is the link to the evidence page Remdul put up.
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! –ping       <3

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 09-05-2012, 09:05:44 »
Have you noticed that all these soldiers movement is very similar to the Team Fortress game?

Offline CologneSky

• with FH since the very beginning! (FH 0.5b baby!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 09-05-2012, 13:05:06 »
In a way this whole thing has a quite positive side to it.

After Army Rage is closed down, and with the attention drawn to FH2, this might bring allot of "fresh blood" from new players to FH2. This is quite a marketing oppurtunity IMHO

Offline Easy Eight

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 09-05-2012, 18:05:58 »
In a way this whole thing has a quite positive side to it.

After Army Rage is closed down, and with the attention drawn to FH2, this might bring allot of "fresh blood" from new players to FH2. This is quite a marketing oppurtunity IMHO
That would be great, I don't get it how such a crappy game has more players than FH2. ???

I just watched that video on the first site and I think I've heard every sound in another game before.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 09-05-2012, 19:05:54 »
That would be great, I don't get it how such a crappy game has more players than FH2. ???
Because it's free (FH need battlefield to run), new, simple, unaccurate and fucking stupid. People love that

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 09-05-2012, 19:05:10 »
Because it's free (FH need battlefield to run), new, simple, unaccurate and fucking stupid. People love that
*pay to win

So they are actually making money with FH2, EA and Valve's content.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline RAnDOOm

• Portugal - Surfs Paradise in Europe
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 09-05-2012, 19:05:39 »
What other means can we use to pass the message besides posting on forums and comment on youtube videos ?

Any ideas ?

Offline th_battleaxe

• Bon Vivant
  • Bit of a Révolutionnaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 09-05-2012, 19:05:01 »
because they are actually making money with content of EA, Valve, FH2, etc, you have a damn good reason to ask for your share of the money, and if they refuse, bury them under lawsuits including plagiarism, theft, fraud and whatnot. For maximum effect each of the devs should make a separate case for their specific content

J'aime l'oignon, frît à l'huile
J'aime l'oignon car il est bon
J'aime l'oignon, frît à l'huile
J'aime l'oignon, j'aime l'oignon

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 09-05-2012, 20:05:45 »
because they are actually making money with content of EA, Valve, FH2, etc, you have a damn good reason to ask for your share of the money, and if they refuse, bury them under lawsuits including plagiarism, theft, fraud and whatnot. For maximum effect each of the devs should make a separate case for their specific content

Will you pay the lawyers?  ;)

We can bring this issue for people, but for something to happen, we must just wait for Valve or EA to fire the big guns.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 09-05-2012, 20:05:58 »
I'm pretty sure Remdul is in contact with them. He isn't doing this the first time.