Author Topic: Post something happy that happened to you  (Read 252443 times)

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
Re: Post something happy that happened to you
« Reply #3870 on: 05-05-2014, 05:05:04 »
Damaso,

Communication is absolutely important for politicians. If you want to be a leader, your message must come across people with differing backgrounds. Improving your communication skill will help you a lot in your chosen career. So, that's one homework for you.

Anyway about prostitutes. Yes, that's the oldest profession in the world, some are really successful that they can influence the whole nation. However, it is also frowned upon in many places (usually Muslim-majority countries). So, before you enforce your point of view to the global audience, you should keep that discreetly yours. Otherwise, you will have difficult foreign affairs.

About that hot blonde/red hair/latina choice. It seems that you are still very shy at your own choices. Next time, try the best, like picking the best fruit from the tree, buying the best trim of the car model, and that sort of thing, when the price is the same.

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #3871 on: 05-05-2014, 06:05:23 »
At least Damaso did not kill the hooker with a crossbow. And Bouras just delivered pure gold right here ;D
Why should i've killed her with a crossbown?

In a popular TV series, a teenage character with similar political ambitions and slightly off character did just that, as his uncle set this meeting up for him.

The parallels can not be denied.

No, when his uncle set the meeting he beat her up. He killed her after littlefinger wanted to get rid of her.

Yeah right: and what if I get in another kind of movie with a more interesting role in it? Like being Rommel or some guy like that who ends up getting killed by their own Nazi partners, but manages to do a great work while he's alive...

(OH! and about my english:)

Believe me or not: my grammar is awful as fuck..I believe you but I'm way better speaking than actually writing... some people ask me if I'm american, and after they know I'm Portuguese, they say that I speak very well...

Obviously, sometimes my conversation gets stuck... but i do have a better understanding of the english language than most of the people around here who are non american/english.

Here, fixed it. You can learn from other posts here and I strongly suggest you do. Because it's downright stupid to write "treath" if there are countless examples of "thread". Or writing "wen" instead of "when". "Everywone" ---> "Everyone". Seriously.

I am really sorry for it... i just type my own way all along, not minding too much about ortographic errors...

And the Dam...Pharao built his pyramid, and all the Egyptian workers helped him, without even knowing they were used by him for his petty game of "give me attention"... even worse, the pyramid he built would end up being skewid, but noone realized, because all were focusing on making their own little block the most perfect.
« Last Edit: 05-05-2014, 06:05:38 by x4fun ODIUM »
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline Damaso

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #3872 on: 05-05-2014, 08:05:27 »

I do really need to take english typing more serious...

You know: im not the usual kind of guy who types bad because #toolazytowrite, but sometimes i mess up with the words, and dont even worry about correcting them one by one.

That doesnt happen in my language tough.. but still, i got the habbit of building up an large amount of text than is still anoying for the readers..

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3873 on: 05-05-2014, 16:05:09 »
Blah... This place is getting too dull with all the grammar chit-chat. We need more weird stories to liven this place up!

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #3874 on: 05-05-2014, 17:05:42 »
I had an excellent weekend reenacting.  My comrades and I turned a barn into a very nice living history display over the weekend, we stayed there for three days and talked to the public.  It was lots of fun, though I hate dealing with kids, I discovered.  On saturday night we watched a period newsreel, a German cartoon and the 1938 version of King Kong, in German!  Lots of fun, I'll post some pics soon I hope.

Offline Damaso

• View Profile
« Reply #3875 on: 05-05-2014, 17:05:28 »
I had an excellent weekend reenacting.  My comrades and I turned a barn into a very nice living history display over the weekend, we stayed there for three days and talked to the public.  It was lots of fun, though I hate dealing with kids, I discovered.  On saturday night we watched a period newsreel, a German cartoon and the 1938 version of King Kong, in German!  Lots of fun, I'll post some pics soon I hope.

1938 version of king kong in german?!?

does it only change the subtitles/german voices of the original film, or does it actually add stuff than isnt original, and put some goverment propaganda over it?

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3876 on: 05-05-2014, 17:05:49 »
does it only change the subtitles/german voices of the original film, or does it actually add stuff than isnt original, and put some goverment propaganda over it?

Is that how they do it in Portugal? :P

Cause I know when we were in Spain for the graduation trip every time we turned on the TV in the hotel room any foreign show on it was dubbed over... I don't think anyone would notice if you changed some stuff, really...
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: 05-05-2014, 18:05:40 »
I had an amazing day at work yesterday. However, I do not have any time to participate in any re-enactments at the moment, having only two days off a week, those not being on the weekend. As soon as I draw my next paycheck, I can at least order myself the denim BD for those hotter days of Normandy re-enacting.

Offline Damaso

• View Profile
« Reply #3878 on: 05-05-2014, 21:05:03 »
I would like to get myself as well on one of those reenactings of WW2 like you guys do...

But well.. you know: Portugal was such neutral and peacefull nation back in the 40's with our Salazar leader... also, people are kinda ignorant over here about history (well, they just dont give a single fuck) and so the World War 2 is not something very popular around here..

Do i really need to travel to belgium/germany/france/ect... so i can get myself in one WW2 re-enactement?

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #3879 on: 05-05-2014, 21:05:38 »
You need to get to the US. Second World War re-enactors are frowned upon in the Netherlands at least. You don't dress up as the people who shot your grandfather.

Napoleonic era re-enacting is very popular in Europe though. None of our grandfathers lived that long.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline RAnDOOm

• Portugal - Surfs Paradise in Europe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3880 on: 05-05-2014, 22:05:18 »
But well.. you know: Portugal was such neutral and peacefull nation back in the 40's with our Salazar leader... also, people are kinda ignorant over here about history (well, they just dont give a single fuck) and so the World War 2 is not something very popular around here..

Not true.

People know plenty about history in Portugal, but you must live inside a cave thats why the average knowledge there is low. 

Offline Damaso

• View Profile
« Reply #3881 on: 06-05-2014, 00:05:57 »

Not true.

People know plenty about history in Portugal, but you must live inside a cave thats why the average knowledge there is low.

That depends from person to person Randoom...

From every Portuguese person than i crossed along my life (exept some cases - like you maybe and some real close friends of mine) dont give a single shit about history/politics... and everytime i speak something about World War 2, they all be like: "ah sheit shut up man" and they leave the area.

Even my family doesnt suport me wile speaking history... yeah, allrigth: i used to be kinda exessive about that... but its really dificult to know any Portuguese wich is actually inetersted in WW2 and has an good acknowlege about history/politics/general culture... (obviously, they must exist... but of course, there are more people interested in WW2 outside portugal afaik)

Offline RAnDOOm

• Portugal - Surfs Paradise in Europe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3882 on: 06-05-2014, 00:05:52 »
Let me guess... you live in the interior of the country in a small populated village/city ?

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3883 on: 06-05-2014, 00:05:08 »
Guess no2: You live in a small town on the coast
He was not wrong. Amateurs talk tactics, pros talk logistics.

Offline Damaso

• View Profile
« Reply #3884 on: 06-05-2014, 01:05:15 »
Guess no2: You live in a small town on the coast

Guessed.

Btw: I feel than you were kinda sure of your guess, can you tell me how did you reached your conclusion?