Author Topic: Mouse wont work  (Read 2049 times)

Offline Noclin

• View Profile
Mouse wont work
« on: 30-03-2009, 22:03:40 »
Heya guys, Im having a problem with my mouse not moving, It works fine all the way up until the map has loaded and im at the kit selection screen then it is stuck. It was working fine earlier now its not. My BF2 is version 1.4 not 1.41 and the FH2 is version 2.0 Idk if that has anything to do with it or not. Im currently trying to patch both but im having trouble with the FH patch, and i keep having to download a new one.

Offline Admiral Donutz

• Global Moderator
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Mouse wont work
« Reply #1 on: 30-03-2009, 22:03:13 »
To play both FH2.0 or any other FH2 version you need to have BF2 fully patched (1.41). So yes, that is most certainly the cause of your problems.

If all fails:
- Remove BF and FH from your system
- Install BF2
- Patch it to 1.41
- Install FH2 2.15 (either a complete install or install FH2 and use an upgrade patch).

PS: The sticky is your friend: ;)
Common problems and solutions: http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=21.0
« Last Edit: 30-03-2009, 22:03:26 by Admiral Donutz »

azreal

« Reply #2 on: 30-03-2009, 22:03:01 »
Try what Donitz said, and if that doesn't work try reseting all of your controls for BF2/FH2 back to their defaults.

Offline fh_spitfire

• Developer
  • FHer since 0.6 | aka spitfire05
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30-03-2009, 22:03:12 »
I'd suggest trying resetting your controls to default before reinstalling, simply because messed up controls file  is for 99% the cause. And that setting controls is quicker then reinstalling ;)

Offline Noclin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30-03-2009, 23:03:03 »
Thanks guys. Now All i have to do is finishs downloading these dang patchs, they keep freezing on me

Offline Apo-TTCC

• FH2 Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 31-03-2009, 01:03:16 »
It's a known and quite old but never fixed BF2 (not FH2) bug, the controls get reset randomly.

Solution:
Ingame reset the controls to default, then you can reconfigure them as you like.
ß

Offline Wilhelm

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 31-03-2009, 04:03:24 »
It's a known and quite old but never fixed BF2 (not FH2) bug, the controls get reset randomly.

Solution:
Ingame reset the controls to default, then you can reconfigure them as you like.

Yea.  Your controls probably got deleted through that random bug.  Doing what Apo said will fix the problem.

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #7 on: 31-03-2009, 17:03:13 »
Thanks guys. Now All i have to do is finishs downloading these dang patchs, they keep freezing on me

Stick with it kid, its a long task, and another tip would be to start up a single player campaign first NOT and online one, just incase your shader update gets interrupted.
Must admit I had a similar problem in that everytime I closed FH2, all of my joystick controls would revert back to mouse controls, .... kind of embarrassing when you have a stukka copilot and you taxi right to the end of the runway and into the barbed wire/hedgehogs whilst thumping your joystick against the desk.
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats