Author Topic: THE SINGLEPLAYER 2.45 HOT FIX (RELEASED!)  (Read 17696 times)

Offline BaskaBommi

• Fought the Battle of the Nazisis
    • View Profile
Re: THE SINGLEPLAYER 2.45 HOT FIX (RELEASED!)
« Reply #105 on: 02-01-2013, 21:01:07 »
Will you put this on Desura also. And do I have to own any previous updates on SP to patch?
 (I still play vanilla 2.45)
Steam-name: Sinko-Zimo

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 03-01-2013, 10:01:36 »
BaskaBommi, what are the benefits of putting the patch to Desura?  I have never dealt with Desura before. As far as I can see, it's something like ModDB - downloads + news + comments.

And do I have to own any previous updates on SP to patch? (I still play vanilla 2.45)
You can safely install the 2nd patch (Patch B) on vanilla 2.45, as it's a cumulative patch, that is, it includes all the stuff from the previous patch.

Offline BaskaBommi

• Fought the Battle of the Nazisis
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 03-01-2013, 14:01:04 »
Thanks for the info. I just prefere Desura, but I think I can handle the ModDB-download.
Steam-name: Sinko-Zimo

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 12-01-2013, 23:01:15 »
Last week I played an awesome round on Alam el Halfa and noticed that a Bedford OYD was constantly racing towards an obstacle and immediately reversed again. While hiding in a bomb crater being pinned down by the hull MGs of a couple of panzers, I started to philosoph about that behaviour and came to one conclusion: The driver could have passed those boxes with ease, but he thought that he was too close and would collide if he drove by. This very same demeanour can be witnessed at bridges and other rather narrow areas, like between trees (Battle of Keren). As far as I understand the matter, this could be resolved by increasing the turning speeds of the vehicles or making the bots more 'courageous' and simply tell them to drive ahead anyway. Could someone please upload the vehicle files of one of the earlier versions of FH2 where this problem did not yet exist? We could then compare them with the current ones and should thereby be able to identify the reason for why the bots drive so badly.

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 13-01-2013, 16:01:12 »
Ksl, the issues you described are caused by imperfect path finding, especially in the Keren's case, and are mostly cured by re-navmeshing. But if you want to experiment, I uploaded the vehicle files from 2.3: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mb1as5lpxqkfndb/objects_vehicles_server.zip. TBH, time erased from my memory the details of vehicle behaviour in 2.3, but it's the oldest version I could find on my hard drives.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 13-01-2013, 16:01:14 »
That problem was always there, afaik.

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 25-04-2013, 22:04:21 »
Locking the thread to avoid confusion with other, more recent, patches...