Author Topic: Battle of Britain on TV transmition! (need help please!)  (Read 554 times)

Offline Damaso

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
Greetings

So as most of you world war 2 nautics migh know, during the battle of britain there was an TV transmition about it, and a video wich shows 1 airplane getting shot at and splashing on the water (the report says its an german plane but they find out it was an british one, and the pilot died after one day)

You migh know: its about some kind of an "Cargo Assault" in wich the luftwaffe tryes to destroy the british ships...

Hoewer, problem is than anytime i tried to find the real 100% full video about it i couldnt.. and i only found entire radio transmition,  but not the video..  :-\

Guys please: if somewone here knows about this, and knows were can i find the original 100% full video, i would be gratefull!  ;D  (and if you bring it in colour, i would be 10x more gratefull  )

Thanks for the atention  :)

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Britain on TV transmition! (need help please!)
« Reply #1 on: 07-01-2014, 12:01:40 »
I pay 5 €uros for those, who can present a stereoscopic 3d version of the occurence.

http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Televis%C3%A3o_em_cores

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Damaso

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07-01-2014, 12:01:29 »
Ok let me explain it better:

The German Luftwaffe is attacking the place, aiming for the british cargo ships,  and  there is an reporter and a cameraman speaking and filming with the camera the area around - i would want to get  that movie

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07-01-2014, 13:01:31 »
While BBC did broadcast also on the telly at the time, I'm not so sure live TV transmission would have even been technically possible from a warship at the time, never mind the censorship.

Rather, I believe that this would have been filmed for a newsreel, which may have been shown on the telly, but most importantly in the cinemas before the film / between films (since TV sets were rather rare and expensive) and because VCR's wouldn't be invented for 30+ years, it is most likely this newsreel that has been preserved, digitized and uploaded.

tl;dr: use "newsreel" instead of "tv transmission" when googling and you might actually find the clip
« Last Edit: 07-01-2014, 13:01:13 by Kelmola »