Author Topic: Battlegroup 42  (Read 665 times)

Offline Damaso

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
Battlegroup 42
« on: 04-08-2013, 02:08:33 »
So, theres an battlefield 1942 mod called: battlegroup 42...

Im going to be honnest: battleground 42, is definitively (in my opinion) the best mod ever made for battlefield 1942.. seriously, the quality changes A LOT! textures are awesome! sounds, efects, ect...

(Forgotten Hope 2 hoewer, its the best mod for battlefield 2... altougth i also like PR, forgotten hope 2 changes the wole game to the world war 2 dimension...)

Now the question is:

Why are such an great work from Battlegroup 42 not even recognized?

I mean... the mod is soo great! but i dont see anywone playing it! never saw at least 10 players online in Battegroup 42 mod!

(this are kinda those sad moments wen people work a lot, but their work is wasted... because nobody seems to give a single shit)

And btw, i have that mod since 2 years...

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
Re: Battlegroup 42
« Reply #1 on: 04-08-2013, 06:08:24 »
(this are kinda those sad moments wen people work a lot, but their work is wasted... because nobody seems to give a single shit)
I've been there before... but I'm sure this project is good for building the portfolio of the developers. It's a decent mod but people don't play it that much, mostly because BF1942 is so old now. Although, back when I used to play it very often there weren't that many people playing it even then. Maybe I'll get back into it though.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
Re: Battlegroup 42
« Reply #2 on: 04-08-2013, 08:08:45 »
It was the first BF 1942 mod I ever played. Back then there was a regular fightnight on Wednesday and Sunday on the MOB clanserver. Now it's a wasteland. But the devs are working (or planning to work) on a standalone on Unreal Engine IIRC

Also I would agree it has great quality and the amount of historical maps is insane. But it isn't as innovative as FHSW...
« Last Edit: 04-08-2013, 08:08:16 by LuckyOne »
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...