Author Topic: Worst Movies you have ever seen?  (Read 1326 times)

Offline BaskaBommi

• Fought the Battle of the Nazisis
    • View Profile
Worst Movies you have ever seen?
« on: 03-01-2013, 16:01:21 »
Is there any movies, that were SO bad, you couldn't watch them to the end or you weren't amused at?

Heres my list
  1. Some comedy about black people spy agency against some supervillain. 2/10
      - Boring
      + A-White-Guy-Who-Thinks-He-Is-Black rips a spinal cord in the movie (Discusting, but amusing)

2. War of the Worlds (newest one). 4/10
      - That girl screamed all the time
      - Didn't follow the book, rather the Wells' radio broadcast.
      - 'MURICA FUCK YEA-poop
      + Those tripods and their lasers were actually scary O_O

3. Blues Brothers 2000 2/10
     - Awful, no comedy

4. Immortals 3D
     - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juFZh92MUOY
« Last Edit: 03-01-2013, 17:01:10 by BaskaBommi »
Steam-name: Sinko-Zimo

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
Re: Worst Movies you have ever seen?
« Reply #1 on: 03-01-2013, 17:01:09 »
The second Blues Brothers does not earn the honor of being called a Blues Brothers film.

What about "Birdamic"...
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

Offline IrishReloaded

• Leader of Irishforce
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03-01-2013, 17:01:51 »
Königstiger vor El Alamein
its so long ago I dont remeber, only that it was shit and the title is shit too.

Battle of the bulge
US M48 tanks representing german Panzer IVs . ..

Saving Private Ryan
just crap

Offline BaskaBommi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03-01-2013, 17:01:10 »
Battle of the bulge
Well, the Patton-movie also used the same thing

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03-01-2013, 19:01:11 »
Battle of the bulge

the patton movie had American halftracks for the Germans! Thats even worse!

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03-01-2013, 19:01:35 »
San Basilio, 1981. Actually any movie featuring the Julio Valiente character is fucking crazy. I'm sure at least someone else here has seen him shoot a gun at a knife, splitting it in two and killing two guys down range.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03-01-2013, 19:01:44 »
The worst film should be bad because it is bad in cinematographic aspect: story, plot, acting, setting, message, aesthetic, effects, music, sounds, design, etc etc... So I would list a discussion regarding what's to avoid here from my standpoint:

I would not like to discuss bad political movies, cause Asian countries and some Eastern Europe got tons of those, and I would break the record of making the longest post in the internet history. Movies like 1911 is made in bad taste, it kinda perverse history in favour of China's Communist Party. Then there is Five Days of War, telling how evil the Russians are when they invaded South Ossetia back in 2008. They are a badly made political movie, but they are not really a bad movie, just a misplaced fiction book in the non-fiction shelf.

And again, there are actually a lot of junk B-movies out there like laughable Delta Force series or Iron Eagle, all of them are generally cheesy, but they still have a jolly good entertainment value, that's why I won't list them. Even cult films like H.P. Lovecraft's Reanimator series are still fine, I like Jeffrey Combs, he has that mad scientist charm in him, and that's a quality that most Oscar and Emmy award winning actors rarely have.

I should start with what is truly worse, I mean, worse as in you just can remember about everything that makes you reach that conclusion.

Alone In The Dark (2005)
By Uwe Boll
Starring Christian Slater, Tara Reid

The reason why I watched this is because I watched Churchill: The Hollywood Years (2004, which also starred Slater, and quite vulgar in hilarious way) and I kinda curious about the title which I suspect is licensed from the popular horror game with the same title.

Slater, with his looks and voice, one would expect him to deliver some Lundgren or Dudikoff like action qualities with slight horror/thriller tone. But this movie is simply bad: it uses many elements from what was quite a good video game franchise, and turn it into this popularity-cash-in poll of paranormal alien vs. military bullshit. The plot built up promised so much, there is deep investigation on what was a simple missing people, then it came into this long lost civilization, and then it leads to some ghastly plot from outer dimension. Looks promising, but then after, it totally deviates from what is good in the game.

The final show down requires them to show a lot of what supposed to be a great action, but fails dramatically due to stupid plotting and forced-stupidity in the story. They put an Apache like helicopter and the entire spec-ops military in some kind of oh-shit happens situation. It just doesn't caught up. They think could set up a very serious situation from what was a very slow start. You got hot chicks doing overused The Matrix style CGI fight scenes.

The lesson here
Be a hipster when you cannot go big. Because being big is really simple, and making small things complicated is the worse thing you can do.
Hipster means you don't try hard, what was once a simple blue collar horror movie is now a blockbuster wannabe with all the hype.
It is easier to fit an AH-64 Apache helicopter, a SdkfZ 251, and a BRDM-2 armoured car into movies like Ella Enchanted or Devil Wears Prada than movies of this genre. So if you have the chance with those toys, do it discreetly.... and be REEEEEALLY careful with those.

Ultraviolet (2006)
By Kurt Wimmer
Starring Milla Jovovich

Milla Jovovich, period. And they showed quite a lot of her body in this sci-fi dystopian action movie.

You were expecting the thought-inducing, and question-arising futuristic setting of Equilibrium (2002) by Wimmer. But you are not. This bullshit is more packed with thick lips, cleavage, and navel piercing with dancer moves. It also has vampire twists. Basically in the future, there is a disease that cause people turning into vampires, and some people don't like vampires, so they are trying to eliminate them. And that is the serving for a nice action movie. In this kind of movie, each side has to have an elite guy who takes oddjobs, from the vampire side is Milla Jovovich in skimpy suits.

What they take from Equilibrium is really just the gun kata and the whole big brother theme. The movie is ridiculously plotted, I mean if there are any plots at all, because the version they showed us here has a huge hole in it. You can't just sympathize for the main hero's cause. Why after all of the reputation, the hero suddenly make the change? Why this, why that? Why go through all of the hassle only to find out that the cure is not really the cure? Why risk it all? All is conveniently written by Wimmer so he can prevent Milla Jovovich to ever come to Oscar stage. Her career will never lift of after this.

I just sit in the theatre, along with all of my friends, watching Jovovich's ass, which was the only entertainment we could salvage from the movie.

The lesson here
Plots people, a good movie needs one.

Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever (2002)
By Somebody who can't give a damn
Starring Antonio Banderas, Lucy Liu, Ray Park, and else

Franchise making name.

The good thing about English language is that, no matter how silly the meaning is, you can still sound cool in it. Roughly everybody in the planet is aware of it, but they are just so cool, so we can't just be bothered discovering the very bit of the lexicon and scrutinizing thesauruses to find cooler-sounding words.

So the title suggests that it is devised by an Asian whose main subject is surely not science. But it isn't.

I can excuse if many anime, manga (Japanese stuffs), or foreign movies, when they tried to depict the scary but discreet presence of a superpower, they use American tax-paid federal body like FBI. Yeah, FBI agent on holiday in some foreign country. Nevermind the details, they never bothered to check at all.

It is riddled with Mission: Impossible 2 kind of action scenes, but they weren't made by John Woo. It is equally stupid and unnecessary. Then the plot twist is totally outlandish. It seems that they put more emphasis on how to create unrealistically cool fight 100%, while 0% was spent on choreographing who's fighting who.

My pet hate for the movie is in the naming of the character there, so unbearably lazy: Ecks, Sever, Vinn... they could have named the character with cool Asian-English sounding names, like Fync, Styv, Lyf... all that pseudo-Viking names, which we heard from western tales of badassery. I believe an inbred redneck imprisoned in the worst hicktown could come up with much better name than that.

The lesson here
I also hate Max Payne for the same reason, the Finns are truly lazy there: Max Payne, Mona Sax, Lisa Punchinello (Sax), Vladimir Lem, Boris Dime. But, then all the references there makes the naming much more sense: Finito, Lupino, Punchinello, Horne, Woden, we get it alright? It was intentional.
Just don't try to hard to make a bad movie, make it intentional, not pretentious.
Affirmative action hurts, this movie starts franchise-making names like Banderas, I believe they are all attracted by this third world stunt on breaking into Hollywood. And while we are at that, all of that white guilt feeling inbred to all liberal Hollywood superstars kicks in, and makes them agree to ruin their name, and participate in the movie.
Like all third worlders with big goals, we got all the stuffs, but zero knowledge nor experience. We were all in a mission, carried out by loads of incompetent bunch, but with blank cheque, and we throw in national pride in it sometimes. Indonesia once owned Lamborghini and Vector, it did nothing to Lambo and bankrupted the Vector. This movie is such project, losing nearly $50 million. I hate every aspect of it.

Offline Mud Buddha

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03-01-2013, 19:01:22 »
Battle of the bulge

Yeah, it's silly hating on a movie for those petty reasons. If the movie is good, it doesn't matter. Patton is a good movie, while Bulge just isn't. All the vintage panzers in the world couldn't save that movie.

I can understand SPR getting flak here, but that one is a bit of a mixed bag imo: it takes some liberties with credibility but at the same time as a movie it is really well made and for me the battle scenes still work. Real life doesn't always make for good movies. But I'm veering off topic here. ;-)

My picks:

Het Bombardement [2012]
Sorry to open with a Dutch movie, but this is the first one that comes to mind. Almost everything is wrong about this movie, and I didn't even check for the historical accuracy of the hardware used. It's about the 1940 Rotterdam bombing but really it isn't. It's just an excuse to play out some sub-par Titanic-wannabe romance story. I gave it a fair chance, seeing that our meagre local filmindustry can pump out proper (if small scale) warmovies if it wants to (Soldier of Orange, Winter In Wartime), but it is truly an appaling piece of cinema.

Strange Wilderness [2008]
'Comedy' about a clueless guy who inherits his dad's wildlife show. He tries to keep it on the air, but fails miserably of course. Okay, so it's not the worst movie I've ever seen, but seeing the comedic talent involved (Jonah Hill, Steve Zahn, Justin Long among others) I expected to at least be entertained for 90 minutes (and I'm a stoner with really low demands for comedy - as long as it isn't Seinfeld, Adam Sandler or Martin Lawrence). But this movie has maybe one joke that works, the rest is all predictable, drawn-out nonsense. The three names mentioned above make it sort of bearable.

And speaking of Martin Lawrence:

Black Knight [2001]
Still the only movie I ever walked out on. It was a sneakpreview, I admit, but only a couple of minutes in it became clear that this was going to be very painful to watch.

I will return to this thread if I think of anything else.

And props to Zoologic for naming Ecks Vs. Sever. I had forgotten what a waste of Lucy Lui that was. :-)
« Last Edit: 03-01-2013, 19:01:21 by Mud Buddha »
FH2 is the game, DarklyDreamingDexter is the name.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03-01-2013, 20:01:48 »
Is there any movies, that were SO bad, you couldn't watch them to the end or you weren't amused at?

Heres my list
  1. Some comedy about black people spy agency against some supervillain. 2/10
      - Boring
      + A-White-Guy-Who-Thinks-He-Is-Black rips a spinal cord in the movie (Discusting, but amusing)

2. War of the Worlds (newest one). 4/10
      - That girl screamed all the time
      - Didn't follow the book, rather the Wells' radio broadcast.
      - 'MURICA FUCK YEA-poop
      + Those tripods and their lasers were actually scary O_O

3. Blues Brothers 2000 2/10
     - Awful, no comedy

4. Immortals 3D
     - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juFZh92MUOY

What is the title of your first worst movie ?

Worst Movie that I can think of is Super Mario: The movie. You need a lot of mushrooms to find this one entertaining.
@Mud
I read a lot of review stating the same thing; expectations not matching, but did anyone really believe this would be a war movie with Jan Smit. Is it watch-able if you look at it as a drama/romance story?

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline BaskaBommi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03-01-2013, 21:01:41 »
What is the title of your first worst movie ?
Can't remember. It was that bad.

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04-01-2013, 01:01:05 »
The Village.

The trailers promised one thing, the ambient dressed the whole movie with a veil and then when they pulled the real truth. I was not surprised. I was fucking angry with the bullshit of the director name I cant never spell even at gun point which always try to do a "Sixth Sense" effect.

I left angry from that movie about how shitty it was. Then I got more pissed off when it received good reviews.

The Doubt.

I was very bored when I saw this one. Its about the accusation case of pedophilia inside a school where a high uptight in the ass nun investigates deeply a case of a good priest with such conviction and dislike that I wouldnt be surprised if she pulled out a gun and killed him.

But the thing was lousy and at the end she breaks down under the pressure that she might have condemned an innocent man and she has a trillion of doubts.

Those are my in my list of "Never to be seen again" movies.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04-01-2013, 01:01:34 »
Independence Day:

Biggest "AMERICA RULEZ" shit i ever seen in my life, biggest crap of all time. Sorry Will Smith, i kinda like the guy but the movie was PATHETIC.

Offline AfterDune

• PR Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04-01-2013, 01:01:52 »
Storm Seekers (2009, imdb)
Had to rent a movie and didn't have much time at all. The story on the backside of the dvd cover was alright, so I thought, let's just go with it. I'm sure it's fine.

My wife and I were in a lot of pain for the next 84 minutes. Just a couple of seconds from the very first scene, we said to each other: looks like it's been recorded with a simple handycam. And it stayed like that until the end!

The plane is so fake, the acting is terrible, the "special effects" are so 1995 and... man, this was so awful.

Of course we had to watch it until the end, because for some dark reason, you want to know how it ends... Perhaps that's just the good voices telling us it can't get any worse, so has to get better? Well it sure didn't. Terrible, terrible waste of time.

This really is the downside of "analog" video stores. You can't watch a trailer, all you have it the dvd cover. Sure I have a smartphone with internet access, but I'm not going to search for a trailer for every dvd I get my hands on :o.

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04-01-2013, 01:01:36 »
Both red dawns. Srsly america? is this how you get a chubby now?

Offline Chadoi

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 04-01-2013, 02:01:02 »
Independence Day:

Biggest "AMERICA RULEZ" shit i ever seen in my life, biggest crap of all time. Sorry Will Smith, i kinda like the guy but the movie was PATHETIC.

I like Independence Day right up to the moment the mega attacks on the cities finish. After that it just goes ridiculous.

- President taking advice from an elderly Jewish alcoholic on board Air Force One. Okay....

- Will Smith knocking out an alien with a punch. Same alien then goes on to have telekinesis and destroys a whole lab in Area 51. Right....

- The worst has to be the uploading of a virus to the the alien mothership. Right, this is the middle of the 90s. I struggled to get my computer to connect to my printer but a cable repair guy can interface to an alien spacecraft. I didn't know UFOs came with USB and windows 95. Shockingly bad....