Author Topic: Forgotten Hope News Update: Road to 2.3: Part 2  (Read 20566 times)

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
Re: Forgotten Hope News Update: Road to 2.3: Part 2
« Reply #60 on: 29-09-2010, 20:09:44 »
No they had their own little teaparty!
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Mayhemic.MAD

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 29-09-2010, 20:09:44 »
Code: [Select]
Bipodless Bar1918 for ramelle.  Also make Bar1918 folded 450rpm, and Bar1918 deployed 600rpm (kev4000)So the rates of fire got switched for the bar or am I mistaken ? afaik the deployed version has slower rof with less recoil.  ???
Der Motor des Panzers ist ebenso seine Waffe wie die Kanone.
Heinz Guderian

--- Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!! ---

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 29-09-2010, 20:09:01 »
It makes perfect sense though.  Why would you the harder to control rate of fire on the non deployed type ;)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 29-09-2010, 20:09:58 »
I really wish they'd at least have acknowledged Drawde, if no one else (Besides Remick ofcourse) for the SP in 2.3. His work in conjunction with Remick04 was what solved non-functioning stuff and bugs that plagued FH singleplayer since 2.0

There was alot of backchanneling with Clivewill (who ACTUALLY solved the rocket issue). I've mentioned all these solutions before and I'm sure they're in the changelog, but the key ones that were milestones were:
/Planes being able to drop bombs in a dive - issue since 2.0
/Mortar being able to fire - Issue since FH1
/Artillery firing at range - Issue since 2.0
/Reversal of HE as weapon 1, and AP as weapon 2 to make bots fire HE first in arty
/Use of charges esp. Gabeltadung - since 2.0
/Tanks recongnizing armor types and swtiching between HE, AP, smoke and capped AP - since 2.0
/Not to mention Clivewill's superb stuka divehorn and automatic activation of it in a steep dive (Not in 2.3)

If Remick was the navmesher and team-leader, Drawde was the artificial intelligence developer. He came in only just before 2.25 was released (Barely 5 or 6 months ago) and has totally changed AI for the better

I really am more than a little peeved he is not mentioned even once in changelog or even in the update :-(

Offline Mayhemic.MAD

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 29-09-2010, 20:09:10 »
It makes perfect sense though.  Why would you the harder to control rate of fire on the non deployed type ;)
Indeed, it does. I wonder that no one complained until now. Even I was wondering why it was this way but did just get used to it instead of asking or reporting it on the forum :)
Der Motor des Panzers ist ebenso seine Waffe wie die Kanone.
Heinz Guderian

--- Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!! ---

Offline Paasky

• DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 29-09-2010, 20:09:50 »
All these cool stuff in the logs but only a fraction of it in the actual files makes me a very very sad panda....

Unless the SOP has been changed since 2.26. I liked 2.0 & 2.2, we got all sorts of cool stuff that haven't been included in any map which makes making custom maps & tournament play so much more fun.

MOAR BECAUSE MOAR!!!

(Still superhyped about working mobile arty btw)
It's half naked people on boats. That's all.
Here in Finland we call that "summer".

Offline Sgt. Powderhound

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 29-09-2010, 20:09:08 »
It makes perfect sense though.  Why would you the harder to control rate of fire on the non deployed type ;)

I'd been wondering about that after suddenly discovering that the current system made the Tommy guns completely pointless on PdH. :D

Offline Paavopesusieni

• Spongebob
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 29-09-2010, 20:09:54 »
WOW that a lot of SP stuff! I really want to try out how SP works now. I play El Alamein singleplayer at times now lets see how much it is improved 8).

Now to the change log...

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 29-09-2010, 20:09:40 »
That map was totally re-navmeshed by Remick so i would guarrantee more smooth sailing than previously

azreal

« Reply #69 on: 29-09-2010, 21:09:07 »
I really am more than a little peeved he is not mentioned even once in changelog or even in the update :-(

Drawde and Clivewill are not part of the team! Code in bf2 is just lines of text, very easy to recreate, and hard to backtrack the original user. I asked Remick for all the necessary SP stuff, and nowhere did he mention any of those two people. If they did contribute work behind the scenes of the dev team, then their work is appreciated, but how was I supposed to know?

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 29-09-2010, 21:09:02 »
WOW that a lot of SP stuff! I really want to try out how SP works now. I play El Alamein singleplayer at times now lets see how much it is improved 8).

try Brest with 64 bots  :o :o :o :o :o :o

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 29-09-2010, 21:09:24 »

try Brest with 64 bots  :o :o :o :o :o :o

I usually play with 96... should I be concerned?

@Azreal
I hear what you are saying, and I didn't mean for them to be in the changelog, but its still sad Drawde was not acknowleged in the update... maybe no ones fault - Still a tragedy though

oh, and yes, he fixed the maps that CTDed for no reason since 2.2, most notably Goodwood

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 29-09-2010, 21:09:53 »
I LOVE YOU FH2 DEVS I never multi post but I take back every negative thing I have ever said!!!!
There should be more people like you ;)

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 29-09-2010, 21:09:44 »
I usually play with 96... should I be concerned?

HAHAA sry,  I played with 32.. not 64.. and it was epic... a real thriller.. felt like a CoD 2 mission only better. Really great map this.

Offline Paavopesusieni

• Spongebob
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 29-09-2010, 21:09:07 »
Do I see lots of new 3p animations? Awesome, all hail Kev!