Author Topic: Singleplayer in Forgotten Hope 2  (Read 93346 times)

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
Re: Singleplayer in Forgotten Hope 2
« Reply #90 on: 12-01-2012, 22:01:15 »
Not sure if anyone else has talked about this or not, but why doesn't the commander work in Single player or Co-op?  Ill ask for arty or supplies and nothing happens.  It works in regular BF2.  Hope someone can explain.  ???

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 13-01-2012, 08:01:04 »
Hi Trainz and welcome to the forums. AFAIK commander communications have been broken when FH2 changed the comm rose from the vanilla one. What I am sure is that bots don't obey your orders as SL because of this issue. Many of us here have tried to fix this but not one of us had the knowledge / time to complete the task!

@Cfodder: Cheers bud!
« Last Edit: 13-01-2012, 13:01:37 by Raziel »

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 13-01-2012, 09:01:52 »
Long story short:

- When DICE made the 1.5 patch for BF2, they broke the AI commander.

- FH2 needs BF2 to be patched to 1.5 before installation.

@Raz: No, the 1.5 patch broke the commander, the FH2 commo-rose just broke the ability to communicate with the bots... ;)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 13-01-2012, 13:01:13 »
Some discussion into seeing if commander assets is still accessible, but this is in the experimentation department, as is sniper bot vehicle and bot-selectable non-human selectable kits.

First thing to at least soften this blow is to see how we can get bots on arty getting remote cam and using that as their primary camera view. if we can do that, then human players, maybe eventually, even bots, can call in close air support and it will just as good as commander arty.

But we need another Drawde; someone who can take a hairbrained scheme and knows the code enough to find a work-around.

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 02-02-2012, 23:02:44 »
I have a question about the bots, why don't they aim their weapons?  In regular BF2 they seemed to, but now they jus load and shoot.  Any way to fix this?

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 02-02-2012, 23:02:01 »
Its a bug.

We still dont know why. But its on top of my list of things to fix...
But i'm not sure you should expect it ready for the next release.
We simply dont know why.

The G43 gunner does use ironsights sometimes, but no one else.

Its cosmetic, since bots dont need that to aim, but it does take ALOT from immersion.

If anyone understands this, please contact myself or Void on it.

We could totally use help here.

Offline blitzkrieg

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 17-03-2012, 10:03:47 »
Hi guys! I am new to this awesome game, i totaly love it and think that this is the best fps game of ww2 probalby it is, it is quite real and amazing in game eperince, however i have a thing that is making me very unhappy, some maps I play in single player have bots, but they don't work, i have to change team to even get them visable, they mount vehicle's but they don't drive, i become the comander and order them to do things, they just sit on their pretty asses and... well, they begin to irritate me, half of my maps are like this=(

anyone now how to fix this?

and another question, can i make FH2 compatible with a joystick since I love to fly?

Thanks on advance!

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 17-03-2012, 14:03:03 »

and another question, can i make FH2 compatible with a joystick since I love to fly?

FH 2 works fine with a joystick AFAIK. I use my crappy one and it works after setting the controls in Options>Controls>Aircraft

About the bots issue, I'm not familiar with this as I don't play a lot of SP but have you tried it in COOP mode? Just go to Multiplayer>Create game, choose COOP gametype and set minimum required players to 1
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #98 on: 17-03-2012, 16:03:24 »
Remember also that playing with the AI is a kind of an acquired taste or learnt art. It's funny as well. The AI is based on "fuzzy" logic rules. This means that playing with the AI is sort of a psychological art. I find that if I ignore things they won't do and just concentrate on whatever little thing I'm doing on the battlefield (sniping, covering a chosen point, etc) then the AI seems to "wakeup" and it all starts happening. They don't respond to being controlled. They respond to getting on with their own thing. In fact this is actually good training for MP where the same kinda rules apply; a player finds what they are good at and sticks to it and the rest just happens around them.

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 18-03-2012, 10:03:31 »
...i have to change team to even get them visable, they mount vehicle's but they don't drive...

G'day mate.

Invisible bots? Sounds like something's broken, you might need to reinstall it (just FH2, not BF2)... :-\

Which version of FH do you have?

Offline blitzkrieg

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 21-03-2012, 15:03:38 »
2,4 but now i play coop instead, found out that respawn time went from 20 sec to 1 sec, i imetietly changed=)
now i'm looking for someone to make a kill-dust effect.

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #101 on: 21-03-2012, 17:03:07 »
Trying SP with a multicore machine (server and client on different cores) is worth trying cus you can have 64 bots without getting slow downs. Can be a bit fiddly but I'm working on and add-on that I will publish on Moddb. This will have a batch file/shortcut for each map that will allow quick starting SP for multicore systems.

Offline tiger1elite

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 29-06-2012, 23:06:12 »
I have a number of questions... 1.) I can not seem to figure out how to use long range artillery effectively. Sure I can get in an start firing, but the other team seems to be able to knock out elemnts of my team from impossible distances with great accuracy. How is that possible? 2.) No matter what I do, I cannot win Purple Heart Lane (64) on the Allied team. My team usually easily takes the first three outposts along the causeway, but after that, it's a hopeless slaughter. between the Flak 18 on the right side and the MG34 Lafeyette on the left, it's a comedy of spawn, die, spawn, die, spawn, die, etc. Any advice? 3.) Lastly, on Lebisey (64), there seems to be a point at which any crossing of this point (just in front of the first line of Axis defense) by either side will cause the game to crash. When this game was installed on my other, older computer, I had the exact same problem. Thanks.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 30-06-2012, 17:06:55 »
3.) Lastly, on Lebisey (64), there seems to be a point at which any crossing of this point (just in front of the first line of Axis defense) by either side will cause the game to crash.

I have the same problem too. Oh, and also when I tried to load Alam Halfa it crashes to desktop at the end of the loading part.

Offline Winstonkalkaros-FIN

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 05-08-2012, 09:08:29 »
To be honest it's almoust perfect. Only when I create a coop server, the bot ratio is fucked. I never get it balanced, and there are way too much bots (sometimes over 70). What should I do in order to play for example 8 vs 8? And how to get the bot ratio properly working, since the create local server menu does not help at all?