Author Topic: Battlefield 3 Free  (Read 1458 times)

Offline Seth_Soldier

• Developer
  • "Mort aux cons !"
    • View Profile
Battlefield 3 Free
« on: 29-05-2014, 12:05:33 »
So now Bf3 is free for those who get it until the 3th of june.

Does it worth it ?
I'm not a fan of bf3 mulitplayer (no mods :() but is the single player worth playing ?

Offline Musti

• View Profile
Re: Battlefield 3 Free
« Reply #1 on: 29-05-2014, 13:05:13 »
In short: no, its awful. But, well , it's free, try it out and see for yourself :D.
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29-05-2014, 13:05:25 »
Also plants VS zombies is free.

Offline luftwaffe.be

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29-05-2014, 14:05:19 »
very nice that they give this away for free :)

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29-05-2014, 15:05:40 »
I'm not a fan of bf3 mulitplayer (no mods)
I wouldn't be so sure.
http://blog.nofate.me/
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline Khaine

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29-05-2014, 23:05:32 »
FH2 is the only reason I bought BF2, so as long as FH3 is not announced I won't get any other BF games (free or not) :D

Offline Sgt.Radman

• View Profile
    • Why Should I?
« Reply #6 on: 30-05-2014, 10:05:16 »
I bought the Premium version when it came out. Played it for more then 100-200 hours (don't know can't remember don't ask). It has nice new additions, destructo is nice and detailed (rarely have I seen a game that has more).

All in all it's somewhere in-between. The feeling is - strange to someone coming even from BC2.

Was it worththe money? I'd say - probably not. Since you Have To Have 3 programs running to ppay the damned game. Eats up your RAM and the plugin in itself is prety heavy load.

But it's free. Take it and maybe leave it there. You never know. If you have somebody to play it with (TS and such ...) it iS fun. And you have the Karkand pack for a nice rendition of "the past"

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30-05-2014, 12:05:51 »
I am trying to download the game atm but the download stops every few minutes because of not reacting download servers. Was the same when I started yesterday and I just tried it again. Tbh this feels like a big farce and is the reason why so many people have a negative attitude towards EA and it just supports my opinion and experiences that I have made with that company. Why does stuff like that work with Steam (mostly flawless) and Origin struggles with less accounts?

It was to be expected that many people would download the game, so why not provide the minimum requirements to give a smooth experience to the player/potential new customer? It is just bad advertisement and doesn't show any competence in terms of customer support.

TW made the same thing with RO2 over Steam and it just worked, but here it is just not working. I am sorry to say this, but I will not hit the download button every two minutes and get that annoying popup message while loading 20 GB. In this case I don't want to have this game, not even for free.

Btw, why can't I untick the option to share my system interaction data, though the option is clearly there?

*Uninstalls Origin*  >:(

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30-05-2014, 18:05:33 »
Got it, it's meh. At best.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 30-05-2014, 20:05:34 »
I think Plants vs Zombies worth more of your time, srsly.

You get nothing with BF3, it will only come alive if you purchase the additional premium, which costs $35 currently fresh off Origin. I get BF3 for free from Simcity launch fiasco, and tbh... I get all the fun until 100-200 hrs, which then I found quite boring. Aussie/US servers are too stuck up with rules, and Asian servers are too l33t/spammy/smacktard/statwhore or discriminative (they kick you for local players, even when they are lagging too). European servers generally are full of team players, but they demand a lot of comms and require you to have mics and earphones.

All in all, BF3 should give you German players 8/10 experience.

Anyway with Origin, the only thing about Origin that is better than Steam is that they allow offline play.

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 31-05-2014, 01:05:49 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzmiuw9LSnc

It's not worth it for the singleplayer..

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 31-05-2014, 18:05:37 »
Anyway with Origin, the only thing about Origin that is better than Steam is that they allow offline play.
Last time I checked, Steam works offline too, you only need to login once in a while, when some account login files mysteriously get deleted..
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 31-05-2014, 19:05:36 »
Last time I checked, Steam works offline too, you only need to login once in a while, when some account login files mysteriously get deleted..

You can also in some cases get your retail EA games added to Origin just with their CD key.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01-06-2014, 17:06:57 »

Alright, that's a good news. Because, I tried Assetto Corsa offline last time, it won't even start.

Anyway Seth, have you decided? Only 2 days left until "3th" (sic) of June.

Offline Seth_Soldier

• Developer
  • "Mort aux cons !"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01-06-2014, 18:06:57 »
 ;) i added to my account however i haven't dl it because the singleplayer doesn't look great.
Might give a try one day !

Thx for the feedback !!