Author Topic: FH2Tournament Custom Map Event #1: Italian Campaign Weekend- Starting Fri Aug 24  (Read 18832 times)

Offline titsmcgee852

• View Profile
These maps are absolutely astounding. Especially Salerno, devs would be crazy not to include it in the mod.

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
devs would be crazy not to include it in the mod.
This instantly reminded me of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed5fJ2KS0Ro

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
BTW, I couldnt fire with that AVRE.

It's because its shell is loading very slowly. Even though the loading bar is full it takes a bit more time than that to load the gun, even the first time. The reason for that is that AVRE's shell is very powerfull and this is the only way to balance it at least a bit. All is fine with the tank itself, I tested it just recently.

How long does it take? I waited for what seemed to be an eternity in ingame time and I just couldnt fire the damn thing, not in AP, not in HE. :o

Well IRL you had to go outside and reload it from there so I expect it takes eternity.

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
Would the FH2 devs be willing to co-operate with us to get some of the better maps into the mod as full maps?
I have said this for years, that the tournaments and devs should have had closer cooperation getting new maps and fronts into the mod, but the counter-argument was always "tournament maps are not high enough quality and/or suited for public play". Hurr. As if they couldn't be improved, as has been done in those rare cases when such an impossibility became a reality and a tourney map made it into the mod. (I still don't understand the hate ppl have towards Olympus, that's one of the best maps in the game.)

And later there's yelling that devs have no support...  ::)

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
 Im checking out the maps & noticed on Garigliano Crossing there is a C47 "Skytrain" which is awesome, but no parachute kits at the airfield, so what the hell is it good for?

Which brings me to another question. Who the hell had the bright idea to have the soldiers (for example on Crete) use a pilot kit to paradrop into hostile territory with a goddamn pistol kit?

???

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Im checking out the maps & noticed on Garigliano Crossing there is a C47 "Skytrain" which is awesome, but no parachute kits at the airfield, so what the hell is it good for?

Which brings me to another question. Who the hell had the bright idea to have the soldiers (for example on Crete) use a pilot kit to paradrop into hostile territory with a goddamn pistol kit?

???

All German paratroopers on Crete were dropped with pistol only. They collected their weapons from boxes, which were also dropped by parachute.

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile

???

All German paratroopers on Crete were dropped with pistol only. They collected their weapons from boxes, which were also dropped by parachute.

You cant drop weapon kits in FH2.

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
What's the time between the C-47 waves on Biazza Ridge? It seems it's quite long or it is bugged...  ???

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile

???

You cant drop weapon kits in FH2.

I bet they have made weapon caches somewhere.

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile

???

You can land the C-47 in the backcountry and use it as mopbile spawn there, as the vehicle itself  is a spawnpoint :P

But I agree, it doesn't make sense. There should be a rifleman class or something with parachutes. Would be cool when you can just circle around the enemy lines and let people paradrop down. But maybe this was exactly not intended. It's quite easy to land though.

Offline frogmiester

• View Profile
how do i know if i've installed them correctly?  :)

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
Go in the main menu for multiplayer-> create local server or smth like that and the check the list for the maps and try them if you like. But usually nothing should have gone wrong. You just need to run the installer and you are fine.

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
needs more tanks..

If I have to read one more "needs more tanks" post from you neighbor I am gonna flip my shit!

But he's right!  ;D

Good when the time comes you can join him up against the wall.
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline RonidLanis

• View Profile
How long does it take? I waited for what seemed to be an eternity in ingame time and I just couldnt fire the damn thing, not in AP, not in HE. :o

Honestly, I don't remember the reload time :(. I assure you though that when I was testing it even though it took a lot of time, it did fire the shell.

Etna Line:

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
Ok i couldnt get the automatic installer to work, so i had to do it the hard way.  I know where to put the levels and they work, but where do i put the fh2t_pub folder content?  The maps work fine, but some buildings are missing, can someone help?  ??? ???