Author Topic: Cannot Aim AA,certain Tank main gun,certain howitzer  (Read 1040 times)

Offline Nowak18827

• View Profile
Well When i get in The AA i cannot manipulate the turret its just stuck aiming at its same point...same with certain German tanks..not sure what one..(the one that cannot rotate all the way around) Anyway same goes for anti tank implacment's and some times howitzers...never a mortar though

Its just really shity i cant aim these things
Has anyone els had this happen?

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot Aim AA,certain Tank main gun,certain howitzer
« Reply #1 on: 16-09-2011, 09:09:32 »
Have you checked your control settings in the controls.con file?
Try the tips in the FH2.4 Manual Section 2.c
http://ifihada.com/~jbp/fh2pub/usermanual/#2c
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline luftwaffe.be

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16-09-2011, 22:09:51 »
Yes controls got fucked up with 2.4

A east reset on your controls should do the trick

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20-09-2011, 01:09:12 »
Honestly, controls are totally messed up since 2.4. I already read that manual posted above line by line, did compehend and still I don't get it to work properly. For me it is AT guns and some tanks that require to be run with WASD despite I'm only using arrow keys. So great when your fingers rest on WASD while you sat controls to change ammo with num5 or bring up the gunsight with num0. Not to mention that I accidentally hit E(go figure) instead of the WASD all the time.

When I see an AT gun nowadays, I just turn around and pretend not to have seen it. To the hell with it. And I do only light tanks and vehicles.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20-09-2011, 07:09:27 »
Have you tried copying your .con file from the old BF2 folder to forgottenhp 2? That did it for me and I have the same setup as you do.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20-09-2011, 10:09:55 »
@Dukat: I had the same problem. You should be able to fix it by going into Controls -> Tank and reassigning the turret controls.

I deleted the existing entrys and just reassigned the mouse (I still use it to aim, kb is waaay too slow), problem solved... :)

Don't forget you can change the controls mid-round, so you can quickly test any changes you make... ;)

Offline MK

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20-09-2011, 12:09:42 »
Honestly, controls are totally messed up since 2.4. I already read that manual posted above line by line, did compehend and still I don't get it to work properly. For me it is AT guns and some tanks that require to be run with WASD despite I'm only using arrow keys. So great when your fingers rest on WASD while you sat controls to change ammo with num5 or bring up the gunsight with num0. Not to mention that I accidentally hit E(go figure) instead of the WASD all the time.

When I see an AT gun nowadays, I just turn around and pretend not to have seen it. To the hell with it. And I do only light tanks and vehicles.

http://wrzucacz.pl/file/4491313590662/Controls.con

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21-09-2011, 01:09:42 »
Lovely. I'll look into this once again I play. I just don't have the desire to do that now.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom